The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

You Godless sons of bitches, you'll burn, you all burn!!!

*huddles in the corner shaking, clutching a crucifix and singing to himself* All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all, deliver us oh Lord from this valley of...grease :lol:

• Like 1

You Godless sons of bitches, you'll burn, you all burn!!!

*huddles in the corner shaking, clutching a crucifix and singing to himself* All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all, deliver us oh Lord from this valley of...grease :lol:

:lol:

as for the periphery albums i am just about to listen to them, so we will see how it goes. i have never really heard anything from this band so im kind of going into it blind.

after a listen im not digging it, im just not a fan of the vocalist at all his clean vocals or his harsh vocals. i did like a lot of the atmosphere of the first track "a black minute" and i do like some of their progressive and jazzy elements they add to the music. on first listen its a 5/10. i havent listened to omega yet.

blind guardian has hit the billboard charts in the US for the first time in their nearly 30 year history. their new album "beyond the red mirror" hit #132 on the billboard charts,#6 on the hardrock chart. they also debuted #49 in canada #3 on the hardrock charts.

after a listen im not digging it, im just not a fan of the vocalist at all his clean vocals or his harsh vocals. i did like a lot of the atmosphere of the first track "a black minute" and i do like some of their progressive and jazzy elements they add to the music. on first listen its a 5/10. i havent listened to omega yet.

Yeah, their vocalist does put a lot of people off of them. Personally I love his range and his harshes, he can do three or four different styles. But if you're into progressive stuff you might vibe with the title track off of Omega, it's the longest track on the album.

Yeah, their vocalist does put a lot of people off of them. Personally I love his range and his harshes, he can do three or four different styles. But if you're into progressive stuff you might vibe with the title track off of Omega, it's the longest track on the album.

yeah im going to give omega a spin tomorrow at some point i will give alpha another spin as well see if anything grows on me.

Did anyone else see Consequence of Sounds "most anticipated metal releases of 2015" list?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/02/the-20-most-anticipated-metal-albums-of-2015/

I like that almost no band on there is signed to metal blade, nuclear blast, sumerian, etc. Now those labels have plenty of great artists but sometimes they keep signing the same symphonic power metal or Sabbath wanna be band. A good chunk of the bands of that COS list are bringing something fresh to the table. it points out how when Deafheaven took off they got some flack from the metal community. Love metal and the people but sometimes we are a bit too resistant to change. its how Slayer has survived recycling the same riffs for 20 years straight. I think the majority of the entries on that list are intriguing and could push the genre to some new places.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised there's never been a "Lilith Fair" type festival for women in metal by now.

rob halford said he would like to make another fight album. the first album was pretty good but the second one sucked.

Russ (Satchel from Steel Panther) was in the first Fight lineup, hopefully he'd be a part of it.

• Like 1