The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

So I decided to start a thread designated to talking about metal. Here we can talk about all of the metal bands we love and hate, new and old.

I was just recommended to give a listen to the new Arsis album, Starve For The Devil, and I really enjoy it a lot. I'll admit I'm often not into Extreme Metal, but this album is a very quality album. Definitely recommendation to you guys! I'm about to see if I can find Dark Tranquility's new one after this.

Any of you guys hear any good, new Metal albums recently?

Big power metal fan.

Some of it is like Bon Jovi on speed.

Gamma Ray just released a new album, lettin' you know since you're a fan of power metal.

And of course, that's for Satanisk Slakt.

It's called To The Metal and was released on January 29th. I meant to give it a listen but forgot all about it.

This guy has all of the new Gamma Ray songs up, I think. I'm on the first one called "Empathy" and I really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/M4sterCr4zy

Edited by LightningBolt

My current metal listens:

"Legacy" by Testament

"Here Waits Thy Doom" 3 Inches of Blood

"Mechanize" by Fear Factory

"Wrath" by Lamb of God

"Ox" by Coalesce

My favorite is Coalesce; very sludgy but they manage ot keep it interesting. I like the LOG and Testament albums a lot too. The Fear Factory album is kinda bland.

Yeah, I was wondering if I should give the Fear Factory album a listen. Was kinda hesistant since I'm not usually a huge fan.

I heard Testament is recording a new album (seems so soon compared to The Formation Of Damnation) and I can't wait to hear it! The last one was great.

I'll give Ox a listen soon. I'm listening to an album from a band called White Wizzard. They just released their debut and they're pretty close to the sound of the traditional heavy metal bands, in the vein of NWOBHM.

NEW HIGH ON FIRE ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

they are fucking amazing, check em out

The new song kicks ass, and the production sounded a lot different. As much as I love HOF, they definitely could have used a change in something

When i first heard it, i was kinda tripped out because it sounded so different. Not good or bad tripped out, weird to explain. But the more i listened the more it intrigued me, the album is likely gonna be awesome. Their last CD was phenomenal. The cool thing though is that ive seen the guys play tons of times and have played a show with them, and they are all really awesome and down to earth.

That first Amorphis song is great. I always thought they were labeled as Melo Death Metal, though? That's about as Death Metal as freaking Dragonforce.

EDIT: Nevermind, the Death Metal apparently kicks in on the second song. :P

So, what releases this year are you all looking forward to? I'm interested in the High On Fire, Scorpions, Kamelot, Dillinger Escape Plan, Airbourne, Avantasia, Ratt, The Devin Townsed Project, Accept, Agalloch, Motorhead, and Testament albums that are due out this year, as far as Metal goes.

Edited by LightningBolt

The High On Fire album leaked and its awesome. As was discussed the production is different, you hear the vocals a lot more. They also slow down and do some more Sabbathian stuff on here, but it still rocks. Go check it out, I found it on Soulseek but there are torrents out there for it too. Well worth it

The High On Fire album leaked and its awesome. As was discussed the production is different, you hear the vocals a lot more. They also slow down and do some more Sabbathian stuff on here, but it still rocks. Go check it out, I found it on Soulseek but there are torrents out there for it too. Well worth it

FUCK YESSSSSSSSS!