New York City "Surprise Gig" Review

Kaneda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, that might be one of the best My Michelle performances *any* GN'R lineup has ever done.

Someone has GOT to have a Catcher video; I've been waiting for an acoustic recording from the very first time I heard the demo. Catcher is almost like a simple folk song; the lyrics and delivery are what make it memorable. I suspect it sounds much better with light guitars supporting the vocals, rather than layers and layers of instruments battling each other.

Surprised they didn't play Better considering an acoustic version is supposedly floating around with the hoarders.

Kaneda,

Thanks for sharing the story man! Sounds like the experience of a lifetime, and if anyone from this board got the chance to attend (you know, other than me) I'm glad you made it out. Can't think of many other people who've been more supportive of the band for the past year or two, and the Dr. Pepper business was brilliant in theory even if the execution got botched (when I got my coupon in the mail it was already two months expired :lol: ).

Come to think of it - if they ever cast a "GnR Carol" you'd be the perfect Scrooge - who has a change of heart after being visited by the Axl's of past, present and future. :xmasssanta:

i'm tired of surprise gigs. the fans get left out. they are not streamed on the internet. they are not on tv on mtv to enjoy. what do they accomplish? will they get the chinese democracy record to #1 on the billboard charts? will they produce a new gnr music video for us to enjoy this year on mtv and fuse? will they actually produce a single that has success on radio and singles charts? will they get gnr to do events again like mtv vma/ama and new events like the grammys / olympics? what's the purpose and point of surprise gigs? i'm even questioning the purpose of the world tour. i don't see change. obama makes change. i don't see axl making change for the fans starving for guns n roses change with the chinese democracy record

I don't understand what it is you think is lacking? I've enjoyed a great CD and a great concert this year. Axl has communicated with fans on Twitter, the band is pretty active. They don't have any concerts scheduled right now so instead of sitting on their butts, they keep it going with a few surprise gigs. Actually there's been one, with lots of press and pictures, and you're tired of them already.

What has he not done for you? You can't accept that GnR is progressing until they reach #1? Do you work for his record company?

I don't get it.

Getting things back on track, does anyone have any questions about the show last night? Ask away...

I take it you didn't ask how much he paid Eric to throw me under the bus?

Too bad. Would like to have seen his answer.

C'mon. As a former mod you should know that this is about Kaneda's experience at the show last night, not about you. Don't try and make this about you when it isn't and was never intended to be about you.

Ali

I found the irony in all of this and have the balls to bring it up. If you don't see the irony and how it relates to Kanada and the recent events involving Madison, so be it.

I'm very happy for Kanada. Seriously. But I'd have more respect for the band and not gloat about my experiences and post what are meant to be private pictures of the band members on a public forum. If I were a famous person and invited somebody into my house, which is basically what happened to Kanada last night (well he kinda bought his way in), and then the next day read on some forum that that person had described what my house is like, what I'm like and then post pictures of me all over the web, I'd be pretty pissed off.

I could be totally wrong though, who knows. Axl might be pretty cool with all of this. I would hope Axl knew Kanada used to be the biggest detractor of the band for the better part of the last 10 years and was able to forgive him before he shook his hand. That would mean there's hope for Madison. And I hope everyone can at least agree on that.

Grow up.. you've never watched a you tube video of the band, looked at fans shots, listened to bootlegs, or the leaks..... nothing a band does is private and if Axl had a problem with him taking photo's he would have had one of the 10 security guards throw him out..

Your simply jealous.

Thanks for Sharing Kanada... wish I could have been there

Edited by tkarmy

Just a silly question!many have the theory that Axl lives the stage so often to get oxygen backstage in the tours and that's why we have so many jams and solos in the concerts. Did he leave the stage and in this gig in regular basis???

I'd imagine that as this was only a small stage he wouldn't be running around all over the place like he usually does so he wouldn't need to bother taking oxygen.