Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

http://newsblog.thecmuwebsite.com/post/Axl-comments-on-Slash-ban.aspx

The number of errors in this article are mind-boggling. Everything has just been amalgamated together so that it looks like the same fan who got backstage (Revolver) is the same as Madison. And apparently this is the forum on the official website :P

Shoddy journalism at its finest/worst. Found it when I did a Google search for the "latest" on GNR to find stuff on the fashion show. Can understand why Axl would get so pissed off as the media really can take anything and make it worse.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already read like three articles like that one where I'm the bad guy =/

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

The number of errors in this article are mind-boggling. Everything has just been amalgamated together so that it looks like the same fan who got backstage (Revolver) is the same as Madison. And apparently this is the forum on the official website :P

Shoddy journalism at its finest/worst. Found it when I did a Google search for the "latest" on GNR to find stuff on the fashion show. Can understand why Axl would get so pissed off as the media really can take anything and make it worse.

You can't do "much worse" then what Axl already did. The only way he could have taken it further would have been to issue death threats. If Axl doesn't want the media to portray him as a complete douche, the power to do so is always in his hands.

Somehow I don't think he gives a fuck.

The number of errors in this article are mind-boggling. Everything has just been amalgamated together so that it looks like the same fan who got backstage (Revolver) is the same as Madison. And apparently this is the forum on the official website

This is... :rofl-lol:

The story wasn't so difficult. Ha ha.

The RS piece at least makes it clear that Axl was attacking the fan (Madison) who was perpetuating the rumour. Nowhere near as badly written as the other piece. And it mentions the surprise gigs too as a positive. Out of the media outlets which still make the effort to report on Guns, RS seems to be one of the better ones.

If Axl didn't care, he wouldn't have responded.

Even though people in and connected to GNR have posted here, does that make it an "official" site?

Either way, it put mygnrforum in the news, and goes to show music journalists and bloggers are keeping their eyes open for any comment he makes.

The RS piece at least makes it clear that Axl was attacking the fan (Madison) who was perpetuating the rumour. Nowhere near as badly written as the other piece. And it mentions the surprise gigs too as a positive. Out of the media outlets which still make the effort to report on Guns, RS seems to be one of the better ones.

Yeah, we can say that the story published by RS is ok.

Too bad Revolver got tangled into this shit! I'd be really depressed if a mess like that made my idol think I'm walking hand-in-hand with haters. Revolver's a good fan, and never said a bad word about Axl and Guns. All that was happening in that thread was Madison's fault. Just wishful thinking here - I know I can't ask anything from Axl - but it would be good of him if he asked around about Revolver to the other guys, and if he apologized to him somehow.

You can't do "much worse" then what Axl already did. The only way he could have taken it further would have been to issue death threats. If Axl doesn't want the media to portray him as a complete douche, the power to do so is always in his hands.

Somehow I don't think he gives a fuck.

I guess it was inevitable the mopment he made the post that some website or other was gonna pick up on it, but to get the story so completely and utterly wrong? And not only that but to make Revolver look bad whilst theyre doing it? It's an outrage!

I can't wait for the day and, I'm hoping that it's on the way, in the near future, when Axl starts doing more media stuff.

Stuff like interviews and shows such as Letterman or Jay Leno.

Hell, why not even Ellen??? :rofl-lol:

(Edit:-He's probably friends with Ellen anyway for all we know. ???)

That'd be funny, actually.

I'd love to hear this guys story, written by him.

Fuck RS and the rest of them!!

Edited by Crowebar

Yes the media twists words and events, they don't care what they print, they are looking for an audience. We are all aware of this, Axl, like most celebrities, is especially aware of this because he has had to deal with their lies and misconceptions for so long. Must suck living your life under a microscope. Does anyone see this is why Madison should have dropped the t-shirt subject like asked? Axl certainly can't expect any favors from the media, but I guess he did think that a true fan might stop spreading controversy. I realize it was his rant that brought this to the media's attention, but had Madison continued her incessant "I know something you don't know.....blah,blah,blah, bullshit" the media may have picked up on it anyway.

Edited by d.lyric

Too bad Revolver got tangled into this shit! I'd be really depressed if a mess like that made my idol think I'm walking hand-in-hand with haters. Revolver's a good fan, and never said a bad word about Axl and Guns. All that was happening in that thread was Madison's fault. Just wishful thinking here - I know I can't ask anything from Axl - but it would be good of him if he asked around about Revolver to the other guys, and if he apologized to him somehow.

I can assure you that he's been told about all this and that Revolver side of story was explain.

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

Hey Revolver just wanted to say that it sucks you got caught up in this. I haven't posted about any of this shit because really, there's no need, but you don't deserve it. I hope you look back on the trip as a whole as a great memory!

And from what Montrealer said someone passed along to Axl/GNR/Whomever that you weren't the one stirring things up, which is great.

Hey Revolver just wanted to say that it sucks you got caught up in this. I haven't posted about any of this shit because really, there's no need, but you don't deserve it. I hope you look back on the trip as a whole as a great memory!

And from what Montrealer said someone passed along to Axl/GNR/Whomever that you weren't the one stirring things up, which is great.

thanks.. appreciate the support and yes, Beta knows that Axl misread me..

she was so nice it truly can not be described in words!

they all were so nice to me which is why I panicked about Axl misreading me and thinking of me as a back-stabber.. but I hope all is well now