Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

As for the Support section thread - my point there is that the original thread with Dexter's comment was in the main section. So, why couldn't all of the reaction to Dexter's post be in the main section? Why was that buried in the Support section? Just saying ...

Because the thread wasn't about Axl's rant. It was about you losing your admin status. You losing your admin status has nothing to do with GNR.

I think it does.

Like it it not some of the moderators of these forums have become as much part of the band/gnr camp, as fernando.

When shit went down concerning madison a couple days of ago, there where threads about it on other gnr boards.

Edited by SunnyDRE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Support section thread - my point there is that the original thread with Dexter's comment was in the main section. So, why couldn't all of the reaction to Dexter's post be in the main section? Why was that buried in the Support section? Just saying ...

Because the thread wasn't about Axl's rant. It was about you losing your admin status. You losing your admin status has nothing to do with GNR.

But it was about Axl's rant.

Axl mentions it in his rant. So, it's totally connected to him and the original thread.

I'm sure tons of people wanted to post in there but I'm also sure that they were only going to say the same thing that someone else had said previously,..

How do you know what others might have said?

Everybody has the right to express their views - or at least they used to have the right to do that. If you don't want to read others' views, read another thread. But censoring them from expressing a view on a topic is wrong.

Edited by madison

I am surprised that this debate didn't pan out longer. It's been a significant part of this forum's history. Axl just bitched out one of his biggest fans and one of the founders of this site, and the whole issue departed within two days.

That's only because they locked all three threads about it after one day. They locked the one in this section, the one in the Support section (where they tried to bury it) and the one in the poll section - even though all three threads were the most active threads on the forum. Now, there's only some thread about banning Axl, where people wouldn't even know this issue is being discussed.

Stay on topic please.

Yeah

Axl mentions it in his rant. So, it's totally connected to him and the original thread.

Axl mentioned Bob Dylan in a story this tour. Does that mean all Bob Dylan discussion should be had in the main section?

Of course not.

>unwarranted self importance

Edited by bacardimayne

Axl mentioned Bob Dylan in a story this tour. Does that mean all Bob Dylan discussion should be had in the main section?

Of course not.

Actually, somebody posted that clip in this main section when it occurred, and it was discussed here. I guess you missed that thread?

So yes.

In this latest case, we were discussing his rant. So, why should we split it up, where parts of the rant can be discussed here and parts have to be discussed somewhere else?

I'm sure tons of people wanted to post in there but I'm also sure that they were only going to say the same thing that someone else had said previously,..

Everybody has the right to express their views - or at least they used to have the right to do that. If you don't want to read others' views, read another thread. But censoring them from expressing a view on a topic is wrong.

Like I said in my post I'm all for people having their say but the topic had reached about 37 pages, and even then it had started to repeat itself to the point of just being annoying. Maybe someone could of come in there with something new but it would of just turned into another argument or personal attack. I don't think closing the thread was a case of censoring people, it was just the thread had ceased to serve a beneficial purpose. If they wanted to censor people then the thread wouldn't exist, you wouldn't be here and none of the mods would have made any sort of comment on it. The fact that me and you are discussing this right now is another testament to that.

So, that's him told. The fan in question subsequently removed his original comments, saying that his "memory ain't perfect".

WTF? No one ever said this! Not Revolver not Madison. This reporter is making stuff up!

Exactly.

I certainly never said that. I stand by my sources and the story.

I offered Axl and Beta the name and number of the security manager so they could follow up to find out where the communication got off-track (if it got off-track as they allege), but they had no interest. Axl preferred to make a slanderous offensive post - shooting the messenger - instead of taking the time to see if someone had been giving instructions on his behalf without his knowledge.

Axl doesnt control the forum. ... .

Yes, he does.

Welcome to the new GNR-controlled forum.

so much for democracy lol not going to be found here it is a dictatorship from here on out!

Of course not.

Actually, somebody posted that clip in this main section when it occurred, and it was discussed here. I guess you missed that thread?

So yes.

In this latest case, we were discussing his rant. So, why should we split it up, where parts of the rant can be discussed here and parts have to be discussed somewhere else?

Hey.

A warning

User is offline madison Icon

* FRONTMAN

* PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

* Add as Friend

* PM this member

* Group: Members

Sent 05 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

If you wish to chat with a banned member, you're certainly free to do so off the forum. But whining for the return of a banned member on the forum or in a sig is not permitted. If you do this again, you'll be joining him.

Madison

Challenging forum admin decisions is against the rules, MemberMadison.

I think you deserve a warning.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsTruee

hypocrite.jpg

WOW, I got banned A Few years ago for making a few Bucket related posts in the gnr section BY you, and now your saying everyone has the right to express their views?

lol, your great madison, Im glad Axl tore you a new asshole, the only complaint I have with what Axl did, is HE SHOULD OF DONE IT SOONER!

Edited by gunns5

Madison just needs to post the names and numbers she has. If she's telling the truth, that will prove her innocence. At this point, protecting your "sources" gets you no where because what good are they now? She's just another "member".

If I were her, I'd come clean with that info ASAP.

already read like three articles like that one where I'm the bad guy =/

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

Wonder how Axl feels? wasn't your mention enough? wanna get a personalized rant? then stop beign sarcastic.

oh, come on! Madison is still bitching around?! i thought she got banned.

Axl saved the jobs of seven people and the retards in here still think Madison is being thruthful?

read it head to toe and then talk

To all concerned, I was employed at the Winnipeg concert of Guns N Roses, relating to security which I have been doing for 14 years now. This will be my only post, which is a long one but every aspect of this issue will be addressed properly.

There has been a row going on behind closed doors about faulty and misleading statements done by ‘Madison’ from mygnrforum which threatened the jobs of at least 7 people. I wanted to correct them because it has been decided by the bosses that officially they won’t make a statement about it, and no employee is allowed to make a public statement either, ‘it would drag it more and in the end have more negative results for us, even by telling the truth’.

But I will not let this go, there is foul play involved and it damaged some of my colleagues professionally. Hard working people who built up a career out of nothing, just to be damaged by lies. And this ‘Madison’ person needs to be called out for what she is, a fraud with her own agenda.

I am posting this simultaneously on the most popular Guns N Roses forums I could find.

In short; all was said to her was that we (the ones overseeing the concert) didn’t want troublemakers at the show who only were there to get Mr. Axl Rose angry with Slash top hats or reunion signs.

And we decided to bar top hats because word was out, that there was a group of people, fans of Mr. Slash to be exact, actively planning to sabotage the show with pro-Slash and anti-Axl expressions. We could not allow this to happen, thinking about the band on stage, our own reputation, and last but not least the audience who would be disadvantaged if their plan worked, so we took the necessary actions.

It was never suggested to her that Guns N Roses or anyone related to them ordered us to do this specifically. They did not ask this in any way shape or form. ‘Madison’ lies about this.

On top of this, the one she alleges to have ‘talked’ to is not in the function she describes. Flat out lie.

We were told by Guns N Roses we had to make sure there would be no troublemakers, like any other band asks from us too. Mr. Slash was never mentioned in any way, directly or indirectly, in any communication with Guns N Roses or anyone related to them, period. And the way we see it (after including the things we knew about that group of people who wanted to sabotage the show), someone trying to get in with a trademark Slash top hat is a troublemaker. They were denied entry. This was our call, nobody else’s.

‘Madison’ twisted those words to make it look like whatever she felt would make Guns N Roses and us look bad.

We never told anyone to not wear a T-shirt with Mr. Slash on it. We let those kids just go straight in. Many people can vouch for this including the countless ones who were wearing them during the show. The turning of T-shirts inside out is not true either, seriously, that is laughable. If we do not agree with a T-shirt, that person just does not enter with it; turning T-shirts inside out would solve nothing because when inside they would turn the T-shirt back properly.

The only incident concerning this T-shirt issue involved 11 people (who happened to know each other ‘coincidentally’, we found out pretty fast) who had made their own T-shirts and wrote offensive text on it just to get a reaction from Mr. Axl Rose. One T-shirt I saw showed Mr. Slash holding up 2 middle fingers accompanied with the text ‘Just Shut Up And Sing’. Another showed the old line-up Guns N Roses marching over the new line-up Guns N Roses accompanied with the text ‘Better’.

The other 9 had similar T-shirts according to my colleagues. Only these 11 trouble makers, who were part of that group mentioned earlier, were excluded concerning this T-shirt topic. All the others with Mr. Slash on their clothing enjoyed the show without any restrictions. Anyone who says the contrary is lying and part of the group that was out to sabotage the show or people who just want to think bad about Guns N Roses and accept even lies to justify this.

Again, all this was our own call, never did Guns N Roses or anyone related to them ask us to bar anything relating to Mr. Slash, in any way, not even suggestions were made. And as mentioned, we did not bar clothing with Mr. Slash, we barred only clothing which accompanied offensive text to get a reaction from Mr. Axl Rose and texts calling for a reunion which naturally had Mr. Slash featuring on them.

If we had let these troublemakers enter, there was a risk of the show being stopped many times after provocations, or maybe even ending prematurely. So again, the accusations by ‘Madison’ of what was done by us, the reasoning behind our actions, and what Guns N Roses or anyone related to them said to us, are false.

A handful of guys with (semi-)professional audio/video recording devices were also barred from entering, same with a few with suspicious tickets and some who had drugs with them or looked like they had taken drugs.

No one else.

So ‘Madison’ claiming the opposite and trying to get our colleagues fired by spreading lies about this is just not right.

And why would she do this?

The impression we got of her, then and looking at what she did with this information is that she is busy trying to find things to make Guns N Roses look bad. During her ‘chat’ she was only interested in trying to uncover bad things about Guns N Roses. It became also very clear she is a fanatical fan of Mr. Slash. The math is very easy to do.

Only a person like that would twist our words and make it look like we said that Guns N Roses told us to harass anyone that was a fan of Mr. Slash. It’s just pathetic. It’s wrong. We would not even accept a request like that from anyone.

And to add, TMZ never asked us anything about this. They got this from ‘Madison’, directly or indirectly. There is no other source because no one asked us before ‘Madison’ and right after ‘Madison’ posted this false information we were not allowed to talk to anyone about this until it was figured out who said what. Before her post no one else asked about it, so she is the only source, again directly or indirectly. And other magazines, newspapers, etc., started copying from TMZ and then from each other without checking anything with us in any way.

‘Madison’ caused a lot of harm and pain in this affair by spreading lies.

I cannot do this with my name publicly or I will definitely get fired (and thanks to the help of a friend I am now even using software to hide my IP address which could identify me). And like mentioned before, officially there will be no statement stating this because more attention is bad attention and it will badly affect other shows we are organizing. I chose to do it in this way to clear it up so our voices would get heard, the truth would get heard and at least Guns N Roses fans now know what is going on.

I hope some sincere forum members copy it and paste it here and other forums, so the truth is known to the Guns N Roses fans. Namely, ‘Madison’ is twisting words heavily, posting lies to further her agenda of making Guns N Roses look bad (while pretending to like this line-up) because her idol Mr. Slash isn’t part of the band anymore. That’s the impression we got from her and this is exactly why she twisted the words in that manner.

And in the process she does not care if she’s endangering the jobs of others who worked hard to get where they are, like my colleagues.

Thanks.

Axl saved the jobs of seven people and the retards in here still think Madison is being thruthful?

To all concerned, I was employed at the Winnipeg concert of Guns N Roses, relating to security which I have been doing for 14 years now. This will be my only post, which is a long one but every aspect of this issue will be addressed properly.

There has been a row going on behind closed doors about faulty and misleading statements done by ‘Madison’ from mygnrforum which threatened the jobs of at least 7 people. I wanted to correct them because it has been decided by the bosses that officially they won’t make a statement about it, and no employee is allowed to make a public statement either, ‘it would drag it more and in the end have more negative results for us, even by telling the truth’.

But I will not let this go, there is foul play involved and it damaged some of my colleagues professionally. Hard working people who built up a career out of nothing, just to be damaged by lies. And this ‘Madison’ person needs to be called out for what she is, a fraud with her own agenda.

I am posting this simultaneously on the most popular Guns N Roses forums I could find.

In short; all was said to her was that we (the ones overseeing the concert) didn’t want troublemakers at the show who only were there to get Mr. Axl Rose angry with Slash top hats or reunion signs.

And we decided to bar top hats because word was out, that there was a group of people, fans of Mr. Slash to be exact, actively planning to sabotage the show with pro-Slash and anti-Axl expressions. We could not allow this to happen, thinking about the band on stage, our own reputation, and last but not least the audience who would be disadvantaged if their plan worked, so we took the necessary actions.

It was never suggested to her that Guns N Roses or anyone related to them ordered us to do this specifically. They did not ask this in any way shape or form. ‘Madison’ lies about this.

On top of this, the one she alleges to have ‘talked’ to is not in the function she describes. Flat out lie.

We were told by Guns N Roses we had to make sure there would be no troublemakers, like any other band asks from us too. Mr. Slash was never mentioned in any way, directly or indirectly, in any communication with Guns N Roses or anyone related to them, period. And the way we see it (after including the things we knew about that group of people who wanted to sabotage the show), someone trying to get in with a trademark Slash top hat is a troublemaker. They were denied entry. This was our call, nobody else’s.

‘Madison’ twisted those words to make it look like whatever she felt would make Guns N Roses and us look bad.

We never told anyone to not wear a T-shirt with Mr. Slash on it. We let those kids just go straight in. Many people can vouch for this including the countless ones who were wearing them during the show. The turning of T-shirts inside out is not true either, seriously, that is laughable. If we do not agree with a T-shirt, that person just does not enter with it; turning T-shirts inside out would solve nothing because when inside they would turn the T-shirt back properly.

The only incident concerning this T-shirt issue involved 11 people (who happened to know each other ‘coincidentally’, we found out pretty fast) who had made their own T-shirts and wrote offensive text on it just to get a reaction from Mr. Axl Rose. One T-shirt I saw showed Mr. Slash holding up 2 middle fingers accompanied with the text ‘Just Shut Up And Sing’. Another showed the old line-up Guns N Roses marching over the new line-up Guns N Roses accompanied with the text ‘Better’.

The other 9 had similar T-shirts according to my colleagues. Only these 11 trouble makers, who were part of that group mentioned earlier, were excluded concerning this T-shirt topic. All the others with Mr. Slash on their clothing enjoyed the show without any restrictions. Anyone who says the contrary is lying and part of the group that was out to sabotage the show or people who just want to think bad about Guns N Roses and accept even lies to justify this.

Again, all this was our own call, never did Guns N Roses or anyone related to them ask us to bar anything relating to Mr. Slash, in any way, not even suggestions were made. And as mentioned, we did not bar clothing with Mr. Slash, we barred only clothing which accompanied offensive text to get a reaction from Mr. Axl Rose and texts calling for a reunion which naturally had Mr. Slash featuring on them.

If we had let these troublemakers enter, there was a risk of the show being stopped many times after provocations, or maybe even ending prematurely. So again, the accusations by ‘Madison’ of what was done by us, the reasoning behind our actions, and what Guns N Roses or anyone related to them said to us, are false.

A handful of guys with (semi-)professional audio/video recording devices were also barred from entering, same with a few with suspicious tickets and some who had drugs with them or looked like they had taken drugs.

No one else.

So ‘Madison’ claiming the opposite and trying to get our colleagues fired by spreading lies about this is just not right.

The impression we got of her, then and looking at what she did with this information is that she is busy trying to find things to make Guns N Roses look bad. During her ‘chat’ she was only interested in trying to uncover bad things about Guns N Roses. It became also very clear she is a fanatical fan of Mr. Slash. The math is very easy to do.

Only a person like that would twist our words and make it look like we said that Guns N Roses told us to harass anyone that was a fan of Mr. Slash. It’s just pathetic. It’s wrong. We would not even accept a request like that from anyone.

And to add, TMZ never asked us anything about this. They got this from ‘Madison’, directly or indirectly. There is no other source because no one asked us before ‘Madison’ and right after ‘Madison’ posted this false information we were not allowed to talk to anyone about this until it was figured out who said what. Before her post no one else asked about it, so she is the only source, again directly or indirectly. And other magazines, newspapers, etc., started copying from TMZ and then from each other without checking anything with us in any way.

I cannot do this with my name publicly or I will definitely get fired (and thanks to the help of a friend I am now even using software to hide my IP address which could identify me). And like mentioned before, officially there will be no statement stating this because more attention is bad attention and it will badly affect other shows we are organizing. I chose to do it in this way to clear it up so our voices would get heard, the truth would get heard and at least Guns N Roses fans now know what is going on.

I hope some sincere forum members copy it and paste it here and other forums, so the truth is known to the Guns N Roses fans. Namely, ‘Madison’ is twisting words heavily, posting lies to further her agenda of making Guns N Roses look bad (while pretending to like this line-up) because her idol Mr. Slash isn’t part of the band anymore. That’s the impression we got from her and this is exactly why she twisted the words in that manner.

And in the process she does not care if she’s endangering the jobs of others who worked hard to get where they are, like my colleagues.

Thanks.

Quoted so it gets more attention.

No one else.

Thanks.

What is the original source of this post? This is by far the most plausible explanation of what happened that anyone has given so far

The whole "we were directly told by the band no Slash gear" explanation always smelled like horseshit considering it didn't happen at any shows on the tour before or after, or at previous GNR tours

already read like three articles like that one where I'm the bad guy =/

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

Wonder how Axl feels? wasn't your mention enough? wanna get a personalized rant? then stop beign sarcastic.

I really don't think Revolver was being sarcastic, and instead is showing genuine concern for Axl. All his comments have said what a great time he had and how cool he thought everyone, including Axl, in the Guns camp was. Revolver doesn't need to be needlessly attacked again.

No one else.

Thanks.

What is the original source of this post? This is by far the most plausible explanation of what happened that anyone has given so far

The whole "we were directly told by the band no Slash gear" explanation always smelled like horseshit considering it didn't happen at any shows on the tour before or after, or at previous GNR tours

That is a proven bullshit post from a former banned member (warchild) - Please do not repost.

That is a proven bullshit post from a former banned member (warchild) - Please do not repost.

Is it wierd that I kind of want to meet her? Needless to say I will be wearing a cup.

Whatever turns you on buddy - Being thousands of miles away still makes me feel uncomfortable, tbh.

It's worrying that some of you smell a headline and can't read through the lines of a post - Jeez, read it again and then try and ask yourself a few basic questions. It's not difficult.

Is it wierd that I kind of want to meet her? Needless to say I will be wearing a cup.

Whatever turns you on buddy - Being thousands of miles away still makes me feel uncomfortable, tbh.

It's worrying that some of you smell a headline and can't read through the lines of a post - Jeez, read it again and then try and ask yourself a few basic questions. It's not difficult.

her idol Mr. Slash isn’t part of the band anymore.

This bit just gives the game away

Madison just needs to post the names and numbers she has. If she's telling the truth, that will prove her innocence. At this point, protecting your "sources" gets you no where because what good are they now? She's just another "member".

If I were her, I'd come clean with that info ASAP.

That is not going to happen, if she was willing to do that to somebody she would have done so originally, she is clearly willing to live by her principles and that is admirable

It's gotten to a point where people seriously need to lay off Madison, having a discussion with her is fair game if she is willing to repsond back but to openly berate her is out of line. Regardless of what you think of her she still demands repsect for the time, energy and dedication she has put into this place without which this place, I doubt, would be anywhere near as good as it is now.

Also all these returning banned members should be looked over, some have had too many chances and should be shown the door, in my opinion anyway, or at least be put in a last chance saloon.