Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

I’ve been following this forum for quite some time now, but never felt the urge to respond. I just wanted to read some news about my favorite band I guess.

I can wonder what made me finally decide to sign up and respond but i don’t think that will be that interesting for any of you. :lol:

Just my 2 cents. Reading Axl’s post made me angry and sad. I’m for freedom of speech more than anything, but typing about two sentences with adjectives has nothing to do with that imo. It’s just rude, immature and insulting.

Clearly Axl doesn’t agree with Madison’s actions, but if you want to put energy in responding why not just say that? Message will be just as clear and may have a better result; now most people are just responding to the ‘how’ the message was brought than the ‘what’, the content of what Axl really means to say. Just saying it is more easy to get misunderstood, get confusion, anger or whatever when communicating in a way that will easily lead to a defensive or agressive attitude in the other. I just think that is one thing that might have happend, Axl responding quite impulsively I think, I just wish he would have taken some time to think about what he actually wanted to say and get beyond all the anger. What actually happened here, what was going on? Although some would love to see this, because it is ‘so Axl-like...’ :rolleyes:

The whole thing kinda evolves in a discussion about Madison’s work for the forum and even about her as a person. I don’t know her personally so I don’t have an opinion about that or at least try not to have. I haven’t been following all of her posts so I can’t say I have an explicit opionion about that either. About this topic, if Madison did what she claims to have done imo she didn’t do anything wrong. After the stories of people not allowed to wear any Slash related merchandise she didn’t immediately take that as a true story, but rather check it, and found security claiming it to be true. Nothing wrong with that imo (for me personally, I don’t really care, I’m more interested in the music but if you are interested in these kind of stories i’m glad to see some verification). So why all the emotions? Entire discussions about what Madison did or didn’t do, about rightness of banning certain people... I don’t think is on topic anymore.

The other thing that worries me a little is that apparently there is another discussion. About censorship on the forum, most posts regarding this issue are deleted/closed; hints about the influence of GN’R/Axl on this forum etc. I understand admins should take action when things are getting really ugly but it seems there is a little more to say about this issue...? :shrugs:

PS sry for any spelling mistakes, English is not my first language.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this story makes me so angry because I have never judged Axl, his decisions, and I absolutely love the man and the artist, but this was fucked up. You don't insult a woman over the internet especially when her intentions were good and even more especially when you're a celebrity like Axl Rose. Even that Christian Bale's rant on the Terminator set was nothing compared to this because he did not actually sit down and think to what he was gonna say.

I'm really disappointed. Axl should be banned but you have to understand Eric's position as well, it's not easy to make ( canadian pancakes... they're not easy to make...).

Fuck this anyway, this isn't going to prevent me from attending the shows, but Axl man, you FUCKED UP. What don't you fucking understand? I'll fucking kick your fucking ass! :rofl-lol:

I agree with the above poster. Madison was cool. Axl's an asswipe. Not to mention he should be banned just for ruining GNR.

I love the way you say this like being banned from here will hurt Axl so much that he will repent his ways and call up Slash to beg forgiveness! :rofl-lol:

I agree with the above poster. Madison was cool. Axl's an asswipe. Not to mention he should be banned just for ruining GNR.

I love the way you say this like being banned from here will hurt Axl so much that he will repent his ways and call up Slash to beg forgiveness! :rofl-lol:

Yeah seriously. You all need to take a step back and put this in the context of who you are talking about. I bet Axl didn't sit back and have to give much thought to tearing Madison a new a-hole, nor she he have to. He has more important things to focus his energy on, sadly most of you do not. Well not sadly....that's just reality.

Who cares about this Madison person anyway? If she didn't want to expose herself to getting bitch-slapped she should have never opened her mouth to begin with. But this is typical women who create drama, always having to get their 2 cents in about what they are doing or what they are "feeling" about the situation....and Axl just summed up what the rest of us are thinking....NO ONE F'ING CARES WHAT YOU THINK!

I appreciate Axl's articulation in how he put this Madison in her place.

Now back to the music and the future tour dates....leave Madison in the landfill

banning dexter will never happen, but it should, and it would be the funniest thing ever.

It would be so fucking hillarious :xmasssanta:

It'd overnight turn this place into legend among fan forums!

It would be materiel wortrhy of Conan O' Brien monologues. Well, Conan got Madisoned so he ain't no doing any monologues anymore:l

..but thats besides the point.

I’ve been following this forum for quite some time now, but never felt the urge to respond. I just wanted to read some news about my favorite band I guess.

I can wonder what made me finally decide to sign up and respond but i don’t think that will be that interesting for any of you. :lol:

Just my 2 cents. Reading Axl’s post made me angry and sad. I’m for freedom of speech more than anything, but typing about two sentences with adjectives has nothing to do with that imo. It’s just rude, immature and insulting.

Clearly Axl doesn’t agree with Madison’s actions, but if you want to put energy in responding why not just say that? Message will be just as clear and may have a better result; now most people are just responding to the ‘how’ the message was brought than the ‘what’, the content of what Axl really means to say. Just saying it is more easy to get misunderstood, get confusion, anger or whatever when communicating in a way that will easily lead to a defensive or agressive attitude in the other. I just think that is one thing that might have happend, Axl responding quite impulsively I think, I just wish he would have taken some time to think about what he actually wanted to say and get beyond all the anger. What actually happened here, what was going on? Although some would love to see this, because it is ‘so Axl-like...’ :rolleyes:

The whole thing kinda evolves in a discussion about Madison’s work for the forum and even about her as a person. I don’t know her personally so I don’t have an opinion about that or at least try not to have. I haven’t been following all of her posts so I can’t say I have an explicit opionion about that either. About this topic, if Madison did what she claims to have done imo she didn’t do anything wrong. After the stories of people not allowed to wear any Slash related merchandise she didn’t immediately take that as a true story, but rather check it, and found security claiming it to be true. Nothing wrong with that imo (for me personally, I don’t really care, I’m more interested in the music but if you are interested in these kind of stories i’m glad to see some verification). So why all the emotions? Entire discussions about what Madison did or didn’t do, about rightness of banning certain people... I don’t think is on topic anymore.

The other thing that worries me a little is that apparently there is another discussion. About censorship on the forum, most posts regarding this issue are deleted/closed; hints about the influence of GN’R/Axl on this forum etc. I understand admins should take action when things are getting really ugly but it seems there is a little more to say about this issue...? :shrugs:

Great post.

And your comment about censorship is dead on.

I've never seen so many threads deleted and locked in such a short span of space in the eight years I've been here.

I've also never seen Beta logged into the forum 24/7 - like some kind of gatekeeper - as she's been doing for the past few days.

Pretty sad if people are afraid to express their views now.

Who cares about this Madison person anyway? If she didn't want to expose herself to getting bitch-slapped she should have never opened her mouth to begin with ..

Well, my friend, a discussion forum is designed for people to express their views - positive and negative. It's called freedom of speech - and this policy was the reason this forum became the largest GNR forum on the Net. It was run by fans for the fans, with no censorship interference from the band.

If you start censoring people and threads, then everybody becomes sheep and everyone walks on eggshells worried if they'll be banned for expressing an opinion.

If this happens, people lose interest in coming here. If you need proof of this, just look at what happened at htgth when it brought in its censorship policy - you can practically hear crickets chirping and tumbleweeds blowing across that forum.

.. But this is typical women who create drama, always having to get their 2 cents in about what they are doing or what they are "feeling" about the situation....and Axl just summed up what the rest of us are thinking....NO ONE F'ING CARES WHAT YOU THINK!

No offense, but if you have problems listening to people's opinions who don't gel with yours, then you shouldn't be coming to a forum.

Edited by madison

Great post.

I've never seen so many threads deleted and locked in such a short span of space in the eight years I've been here.

I've also never seen Beta logged into the forum 24/7 - like some kind of gatekeeper - as she's been doing for the past few days.

Who cares about this Madison person anyway? If she didn't want to expose herself to getting bitch-slapped she should have never opened her mouth to begin with ..

Well, my friend, a discussion forum is designed for people to express their views - positive and negative. It's called freedom of speech - and this policy was the reason this forum became the largest GNR forum on the Net. It was run by fans for the fans, with no censorship interference from the band.

If you start censoring people and threads, then everybody becomes sheep and everyone walks on eggshells worried if they'll be banned for expressing an opinion.

If this happens, people lose interest in coming here. If you need proof of this, just look at what happened at htgth when it brought in its censorship policy - you can practically hear crickets chirping and tumbleweeds blowing across that forum.

.. But this is typical women who create drama, always having to get their 2 cents in about what they are doing or what they are "feeling" about the situation....and Axl just summed up what the rest of us are thinking....NO ONE F'ING CARES WHAT YOU THINK!

No offense, but if you have problems listening to people's opinions who don't gel with yours, then you shouldn't be coming to a forum.

Umm, sorry, but if anything, I see less censorship here. I usually just lurk and I don't know you or any mods on here. But ashbalove and a couple others have been allowed to go on and on with some very insulting comments - I think he might have been banned at this point but with good reason.

You were fired from a job that doesn't pay. It may have been the high point of your life - I really don't know - but for most of us, this is just a forum about a band we love. Dragging down every thread with the same tired discussion about what happened - if that sort of thing gets censored, well, I could care less. I have no desire, as a regular forum user, to see you, Madison, or anyone else, ruining threads/dragging them off topic, which has happened several times now.

Right or wrong, you are no longer a mod. I think there's a forum on here called Anything Goes, and Dust N' Bones (for old topics) - which would seem more suited to conspiracy theories about Beta being logged in etc.

banning dexter will never happen, but it should, and it would be the funniest thing ever.

It would be so fucking hillarious :xmasssanta:

It'd overnight turn this place into legend among fan forums!

It would be materiel wortrhy of Conan O' Brien monologues. Well, Conan got Madisoned so he ain't no doing any monologues anymore:l

..but thats besides the point.

Man, I would piss my pants off. Damn it, it would be the funniest thing that have ever happened in a forum. :rofl-lol:

Great post.

C'mon Madison! I personnaly locked two of these threads and no one asked me to do it. Look at the topic of these thread and look what was posted in them.

Take this one for example. You and other members are totally trolling it. The thread is about an article and how the story was twist.

Usually we give people warning for trolling or, if you didn't like them you used to ban them.

This is not censhorship, this ia applying rules like we always did. No more double standard.

This one will be lock too if you guys stay off-topic.

Great post.

C'mon Madison! I personnaly locked two of these threads and no one asked me to do it. Look at the topic of these thread and look what was posted in them.

Take this one for example. You and other members are totally trolling it. The thread is about an article and how the story was twist.

Usually we give people warning for trolling or, if you didn't like them you used to ban them.

This is not censhorship, this ia applying rules like we always did. No more double standard.

I haven't really wanted to say anything, in fear of being banned. But it seems that almost any thread about Madison or what happened (even the ones that were on that topic) are all locked.

Over on SUPPORT: "Any Changes Planned for a Post-Madison MGNR?" and "madison no longer listed as admin" have both been locked. Meaning that there's no main threads in there anymore.

The poll over on DON'T DAMN ME "Who thinks Dexter should be banned for the way he talked to Madison" has been locked.

The four topics on ANYTHING GOES that were related to the Madison debacle ("Gunsguy is the new moderator," "Dibiase Returns to Teach Madison a Lesson," "At this point, I think Madison should post a pic" and UKSubs Is Back!") were all locked. And, of course, the original "Revolver's trip to Canada" has been locked. That's a crazy amount of locked threads!

Obviously I'm not saying none of these should have been locked - a lot of them were being trolled, or completely off-topic and whatever. But is there any threads where we can talk about what happened anymore?

With all due respect Montrealer, I have never seen so many threads locked and deleted over such a small span of time in the eight years I've been here.

If the original Dexter thread was kept open, all discussions would have remained in that thread. But that's not what happened.

Instead, the thread was locked and people were told they could only discuss the Dexter post in a second thread in the Support section. Then, after one day, that thread was locked even though it was the most active on the entire forum.

Then, people started threads in the AG and Poll sections - and all of those threads were also either locked or deleted - even though none were off-topic or rude. Some people were even warned or banned after they wrote posts critical of Eric's decision. I have never seen this much censorship in the eight years I've been here. .. And then you wonder why people are talking about it in other threads? Where else can they discuss it? This thread is about the rant, so it is on topic.

While I sorta do think at least one thread discussing what just happen should have stayed open a little longer (to give people who don't post everyday a chance) - I think a decision (right or wrong) has been made, and the best way to move the forum forward is to lock all "madison' threads.

JMO.

Edited by SunnyDRE

With all due respect Montrealer, I have never seen so many threads locked and deleted over such a small span of time in the eight years I've been here.

If the original Dexter thread was kept open, all discussions would have remained in that thread. But that's not what happened.

Instead, the thread was locked and people were told they could only discuss the Dexter post in a second thread in the Support section. Then, after one day, that thread was locked even though it was the most active on the entire forum.

Then, people started threads in the AG and Poll sections - and all of those threads were also either locked or deleted - even though none were off-topic or rude. Some people were even warned or banned after they wrote posts critical of Eric's decision. I have never seen this much censorship in the eight years I've been here. .. And then you wonder why people are talking about it in other threads? Where else can they discuss it? This thread is about the rant, so it is on topic.

Well following your logic, this whole post was off topic.

Great post.

If you want to spread lies, you gonna have to find another way. You keep accusing us of censorship when it's not. You keep posting

the same thing over and over again, what's the point?

So let's be fair. I'm not locking this. But ANYONE not following the topic is getting a warning. ;)

Thanks all for your cooperation.

If you want to spread lies, you gonna have to find another way. You keep accusing us of censorship when it's not. .

I haven't lied about anything. Many, such as Dslah two posts up ^^ - have made the same observation in some of the locked threads.

To suggest that there hasn't been a huge surge in censoring and that threads have not been closed and deleted is ludicrous. Dslah gave specific examples of some of them.

As for the thread's original topic - I never retracted the Slash gear story as the article suggested. I stand by my sources and the story as it pertained to security at the Winnipeg show.

Edited by madison

The article in RS and other papers wouldn't have happened if Axl didn't come across like a 14 year old boy with tourette syndrome. I felt like he was trying to impress the young kids on here. I was really embarrassed for him. It's like, My God.... you're 48 years old and you act like a little boy. It's time to grow up!!

I believe that Axl told Eric to demod Madison, there is no question in my mind.

And, if you read the post the security guard made, you will read about a man desperate to save his job. I'm pretty sure he did tell Madison those things.

Another thing thats not right is some people on here defending Axl's rant, its like they are hoping if they defend him hard enough he will contact them and say what wonderful people they are. It's a shame some people put actors and musician's on a pedestal, and think they are prefect.

Then there is Axl misreading Revolvers post, This is what Revovler got...."Revolver....Beta knows that Axl misread me.." God forbid should Axl admit he's wrong on anything.(the same way the papers misread what was written here)

Also, No one has said "thank you" to Madison for all her time and effort that she put into this site. All I hear is the things people don't like and to me thats complete BS.

The saddest thing is, kids saying they want to be like Axl, why would anyone want to be an a$$hole like Axl is beyond me! It's not "cool" unless you are under the age of 18. Usually people grow up and become wiser as they get older.

The press doesn't go after Axl, he makes it easy for them, the things he says and does are very childish!!

Anyway, Thank You Madison for all you have done, I for one appreciate it!!

If you want to spread lies, you gonna have to find another way. You keep accusing us of censorship when it's not. .

I haven't lied about anything. Many, such as Dslah two posts up ^^ - have made the same observation in some of the locked threads.

To suggest that there hasn't been a huge surge in censoring and that threads have not been closed and deleted is ludicrous. Dslah gave specific examples of some of them.

As for the thread's original topic - I never retracted the Slash gear story as the article suggested. I stand by my sources and the story as it pertained to security at the Winnipeg show.

The reason all of the threads are getting deleted or locked is because no one except for you and a few other of your "pals" want to beat this dead horse anymore. The majority of the board is ready to move on.

Hello Madison, how are you?

You've always struck me as an honest, straight-forward person that doesn't play games and is at least honest. I hope everything works out for you.

I've been on here every day over the past week (been writing a big arse essay for uni, don't worry I have a life :lol: ) and I haven't seen any more cencorship than usual which was minimal anyway, all I've seen is threads that served no purpose apart from needless arguing being locked. What I HAVE seen is a bunch of fucked up, deluded asswipes suddenly coming out of the woodwork and making this place an unpleasent envoronment, it's fucked up that this band is out there firing on every cylinder they have yet the idea of coming here depresses me because I know another arsehole would of singed up and started pages of arguments. I'm not gonna lie, HTGTH appeals to me sometimes.

madison, if you're mad at axl and mad at this forum and mad at the mods, then quit posting here. it's the same thing you used to tell others who'd hijack threads with their moaning and complaining.

time to move on.

She would have banned herself by now, Good Advice HRS!!

Are you reading this "hon"? :rolleyes:

Gee, Madison, it seems that this applies to you more than anyone! Oh yeah, except that you can't ban people who disagree with you. Shucks!

I haven't really wanted to say anything, in fear of being banned. But it seems that almost any thread about Madison or what happened (even the ones that were on that topic) are all locked.

Over on SUPPORT: "Any Changes Planned for a Post-Madison MGNR?" and "madison no longer listed as admin" have both been locked. Meaning that there's no main threads in there anymore.

The poll over on DON'T DAMN ME "Who thinks Dexter should be banned for the way he talked to Madison" has been locked.

The four topics on ANYTHING GOES that were related to the Madison debacle ("Gunsguy is the new moderator," "Dibiase Returns to Teach Madison a Lesson," "At this point, I think Madison should post a pic" and UKSubs Is Back!") were all locked. And, of course, the original "Revolver's trip to Canada" has been locked. That's a crazy amount of locked threads!

Obviously I'm not saying none of these should have been locked - a lot of them were being trolled, or completely off-topic and whatever. But is there any threads where we can talk about what happened anymore?

See, that's the beautiful thing is that now you can actually have differing opinion and Madison can't ban you. Rejoice!

In regards to topics getting locked, I find this amusing. I especially loved the part where Madison expresses her feigned outrage! That brough the LOLs. No, she probably wouldn't have locked them, she'd just issue warnings or suspensions or simply delete the entire thread. Those threads had gone from a discussion to Madison madmouthing the mods and trying to stir up more shit (shock!). The 'Gunsguy new mod' thread was turning into more of the same, people brining up things he'd done in the past, etc. The 'Dibiase' thread was blatantly rude to Madison if it had been any other member, it would have been deleted too. The pic thread. Really? We need a thread asking her to post a pic. Not going to happen. And the UK Subs is back thread never needed to have it's own thread anyway. If he had wanted it to be in it's own thread he would have put it there. It's the same one of two whiners that Madison keeps encouraging with her stupid 'you rock' and :wub: and great post. Boring. As has been said before, the board is ready to move on. I know this board was your life for so long, Madison, but really. You're what, 35? Yet, you're constantly on the board on Friday and Saturday nights posting. What happened to this fabuslous NY life you were supposed to live? Go make it happen, girl! It's not too late.

And you should be thanking your lucky stars that someone like you, who is 110% in favor of censorship that is even moderately not of your opinion, isn't in charge because you'd be banned so fast your head would spin, cupcake.