Pyro or no pyro

Guns n' Swedes

Lately I've been reading a few negative comments regarding the pyro so I've decided to bring it up for discussion (hope it hasn't been brought up before). Personally I love it in the beginning of Chinese Democracy, but if I'm picky I think it is too much in the middle of the song's sometimes (LALD for example) since it has an impact on the sound. I'd say that they should use it, but just a bit less (must keep the fire rain during November Rain though!!).

After all, they almost never used it in the old days.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love pyros! The fans really looked like they also appreciated them at each and every concert I attended.

I think there's a huge difference between simply hearing the pyros on youtube or botlegs and actually being in the venue as they are used during the concert.

I especially like the pyros used in "Live & Let die" in the current World Tour. My favorite pyros of all are the ones we had in the 1992 Montreal concert. In my opinion, we got the best "Live and Let Die" ever played. There was lots of echo, so when the fireworks popped we would actually hear the echo 2.5 times.. (you know what I mean if you have been to a GNR concert where Live and Let Die was played with fireworks). Anyways I thaught that was way cool. We had it big time. (I copy and pasted this from a post I did back in 2005).

The use of pyros in this tour (2010), to me, seem well balanced throughout the concert. Not all songs have pyros.

I also like the "fire" used in the opening song "Chisese Democracy". You can really feel the heat of the fire from almost everywhere in the venue! I always have a smile on my face when I see fans feeling this heat for the first time wondering for 3 seconds it's normal or not to feel the hear from this far (wich it is). The "fire" also makes a interesting lighting effect. It just makes it so special, you really have to be there to feel it.

Eric (admin)

Pyro is always cool as long as it isn't there constantly, which it isn't. At a bigger venue it is part of the spectacle. A big stage production is part of what makes going to a show in a larger venue stand out. In general I always prefer shows at smaller venues but things like pyro and big stage setups are just a way for the band to take advantage of the arena/stadium setting and put on the best show possible

I love the pyros....I mean GnR is a truely big act, so they need a big stage and show. I hate it when bands have a monumental stage and nothing is happening. Was very dissapointed by the last Iron Maiden tour.

Guns with their "over the top" attitude have to have a good show! I mean you don`t need to drown songs such as Sweet Child o Mine or Patience with Pyros but for some songs it fits perfectly. I mean that is what a good rock show is about, have a few beers, have an entertaining show and rock out to the songs...