Pyro or no pyro

Guns n' Swedes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyro is great, I mean who would go see KISS without Pyro, I saw them this summer and they played 4 or 5 songs in a row with no pyro or any kind of stage theatrics just them playing the songs, I kept wondering if I was at the right show cause there was no shit blowing up.

As for GNR the pyro is great, it's nicely timed and brings an added experience to each song, the only song that the pyro does nothing for is It's So Easy.

LALD was great, the only thing they could of changed with the pyro was instead of having the loud booms, just have the pyro shoot straight up

but my only complaint for this whole tour is that it ended

Lately I've been reading a few negative comments regarding the pyro so I've decided to bring it up for discussion (hope it hasn't been brought up before). Personally I love it in the beginning of Chinese Democracy, but if I'm picky I think it is too much in the middle of the song's sometimes (LALD for example) since it has an impact on the sound. I'd say that they should use it, but just a bit less (must keep the fire rain during November Rain though!!).

After all, they almost never used it in the old days.

i do like that they use the pyro and lights and videos on the screen. it´s a part of the show. i can´t judge if it disturbs anyone while listening the music, but i guess the band knows when and how to use all the effects to make the whole show/live versions of the songs more effective and impressive. so i´m saying "Pyro" (well and in safety and controlled using not to burn anyone or anything :laugh::D )

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been reading a few negative comments regarding the pyro so I've decided to bring it up for discussion (hope it hasn't been brought up before). Personally I love it in the beginning of Chinese Democracy, but if I'm picky I think it is too much in the middle of the song's sometimes (LALD for example) since it has an impact on the sound. I'd say that they should use it, but just a bit less (must keep the fire rain during November Rain though!!).

I like reaing these posts as I am the person responsible for setting up and firing these every night.

I like reaing these posts as I am the person responsible for setting up and firing these every night.

If you are who you say you are,prepare to be asked 1,000 questions,not about Pyro but about Axl's hair, eyes, clothes, sleeping habits,Chinese Democracy 2 and more.

Just as long as what happened to the Undertaker at the Pay Per View Sunday,doesn't happen to Axl:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sb6gbMphzM8

Well I am who I say I am go to my web site www.strictlyfx.com and as far as Zenith and the Undertaker. No comment as it was not my company but I can assure you I will never hurt Axl.

Fuckloads of pyro. I want it on every song.

Keep telling them maybe my budget will go up...smiley-anger.gifrock1.gif

Anyone who doesn't like the pyro hasn't actually been to a show.

The pyro during BBF's November Rain solo is fucking immense and brings a whole new level of power to the performance.

Yeah, unless the pyro's are out of sync, like in the first few shows. It messes up the song rhythm. The pyro guy is like the ninth player of GNR. It's a big responsibility.

I hope you are talking about old shows.....

how cool is it that the Pyro Guy is posting here? rock4

but about the comment above me... I don't think he was talking about the first few shows of this tour since I never noticed any change of rhythm because of the pyro through the youtube videos.. but then again, I wasn't there so I don't know

how cool is it that the Pyro Guy is posting here? rock4.gif

but about the comment above me... I don't think he was talking about the first few shows of this tour since I never noticed any change of rhythm because of the pyro through the youtube videos.. but then again, I wasn't there so I don't know

Sweet thanks for the support. I worked really hard designing this one.

That accident that happend with Undertaker was just scary. But after it happend, he continued to wrestle like it didn't happen. That guy is a true badass. As far as the pyro goes for the concerts. I think the pyro fits into the songs perfectly. I mean, i never been to a GN'R show, but from the boots Ive seen and heard, they fit well and really add that extra punch into the song. I just hope what happend to Undertaker won't happen to Axl.

Hey pyroguy, can you tell us a bit about the process of designing the stage and how you came up with the pyro? Thanks!!

Basically everything they ever did before I threw out. We started from scratch listening to what songs they wanted pyro in and what things they liked and disliked. Then I came up with an interpritation of what i thought the show should be. We then did a tech rehersal and video tapped it for everyone. Then the next day me and Dell sat down and went over likes and dislikes till we got to where the show is now. From a design stand point I have been doing pyro for 15 years and can see what it should look like in my head. Which does not always mean that everyone one else sees my vision. I think it ended up very tastefull and there is alot of new custom designed pyro as well as my own designed and built flame effects. The open and end are by far over the top as compared to ther shows I have done. The open is 74 pieces in 3.6 seconds and the close is 165 pieces in 12.5 seconds. I hope this gives you a little info. thumbsup.gif

Pyro is great, I mean who would go see KISS without Pyro, I saw them this summer and they played 4 or 5 songs in a row with no pyro or any kind of stage theatrics just them playing the songs, I kept wondering if I was at the right show cause there was no shit blowing up.

As for GNR the pyro is great, it's nicely timed and brings an added experience to each song, the only song that the pyro does nothing for is It's So Easy.

LALD was great, the only thing they could of changed with the pyro was instead of having the loud booms, just have the pyro shoot straight up

but my only complaint for this whole tour is that it ended

GNR pyro = perfect.

KISS pyro = ear popping to the point of pain. Surprised the health unit in London, didn't shut them down. I like loud concerts, but this one was ridiculous, getting hurt just ain't cool.

Edited by Drakestar

Hey pyroguy, can you tell us a bit about the process of designing the stage and how you came up with the pyro? Thanks!!

Basically everything they ever did before I threw out. We started from scratch listening to what songs they wanted pyro in and what things they liked and disliked. Then I came up with an interpritation of what i thought the show should be. We then did a tech rehersal and video tapped it for everyone. Then the next day me and Dell sat down and went over likes and dislikes till we got to where the show is now. From a design stand point I have been doing pyro for 15 years and can see what it should look like in my head. Which does not always mean that everyone one else sees my vision. I think it ended up very tastefull and there is alot of new custom designed pyro as well as my own designed and built flame effects. The open and end are by far over the top as compared to ther shows I have done. The open is 74 pieces in 3.6 seconds and the close is 165 pieces in 12.5 seconds. I hope this gives you a little info. thumbsup.gif

oh man that's cool! I saw two shows in Canada (when I said "I wasn't there" I meant at the beginning of the tour...) And I remember the first show when the pyro got you looking around EVERYWHERE! I LOVED it!! like, when the pyro came into Chinese I didn't know what the hell was going on until my brains blew out!

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to come by.

Are you doing the pyro for South America too? If so, are we gonna see some more pyro since most of these shows are outdoors at big stadiums?

Pyro all the fucking way man. The Missus and I both love all that.