Do you miss the anticipation of Chinese Democracy?

ITW 2012

Do you miss the anticipation of Chinese Democracy? I'm just as excited for the rest of CD and I feel like the whole journey is only half complete. I'm at least as stoked for CD II as I was for CD. We haven't even heard Soul Monster, Jackie Chan or Atlas Shrugged yet! The whole journey for me won't be complete until CD II drops and I see the tour. Anybody else feel the same way or am I just crazy?

You're just crazy. There's a saying, and I forget exactly how it goes, but people who worry too much about the future forget to enjoy today. Enjoy CD, enjoy this tour, and stop trying to anticipate what Axl has in store for us in the future. Today's here now. The future will come. It's all good, so why worry?

Trust me, I've enjoyed/enjoy Chinese Democracy, and I enjoyed the shows I went to recently in Montreal and Toronto. Axl himself has said that he's always considered Chinese Democracy to be a double album. Some people like to be here now while others don't live today, is Chinese Democracy II tomorrow, while I just can't say.

Do you miss the anticipation of Chinese Democracy? I'm just as excited for the rest of CD and I feel like the whole journey is only half complete. I'm at least as stoked for CD II as I was for CD. We haven't even heard Soul Monster, Jackie Chan or Atlas Shrugged yet! The whole journey for me won't be complete until CD II drops and I see the tour. Anybody else feel the same way or am I just crazy?

Yes and no. The boards were a lot different before the release. After it was like all the air being let out of the balloon.

The leaks were fun, speculation was fun....but I prefer having the album in my hands.

Yes and no. The boards were a lot different before the release. After it was like all the air being let out of the balloon.

The leaks were fun, speculation was fun....but I prefer having the album in my hands.

I thought the board topics in this section were more interesting before the album came out.

I feel like I'm only just getting into CD now, right now it's like how AFD was back then, everytime I listen I'm blown away. I even like TIL now. With the possibilty of more to come I definitely wouldn't say no, especially if that's how it was meant to be.

I feel like I'm only just getting into CD now, right now it's like how AFD was back then, everytime I listen I'm blown away. I even like TIL now. With the possibilty of more to come I definitely wouldn't say no, especially if that's how it was meant to be.

I really like your line of thinking about Chinese D. Tonight I listened to Madagascar, TIL and Prostitute. I love the album of course but I wanted to hear the finale and those three songs do it for me.

Part of me thinks it was really great when Use Your Illusion came out because we got two albums at the same time but now I think I'm just excited with the HOPE that there could be more albums. I'm still hoping this will be Axl's Lord of the Rings trilogy. If it happens I'm thrilled. If it doesn't though it's okay because I never expected Chinese D. part 1 would see the light of day or at least that I'd be here to get it. I'm just happy that for me, Chinese D. has only improved as I listen to it.

I mean Axl had to have picked the best songs for the first album and that album's luster wore off very quickly. I cant listen to most of it anymore. I doubt the follow up could be nearly as good, especially if they are going to cut out Buckethead.

I reckon Axl chose those songs because they were the ones that had leaked.

And there's no way they can cut out Buckethead, he's too integral to the songs. Take Shackler's Revenge, Ron replaced the solo but Buckethead is still all over it.

Maybe those were picked because they were leaked. But if he didnt want unheard material to make the album then Oh My God and Silkworms wouldve made the album.

Buckethead is integral to the songs, but he left 6 years ago. I really doubt Axl would release an album featuring two lead guitarists who havent been with the band for several years, they would rerecord those tracks or write new ones. I hope to god Buckethead stays on the tracks, but I really doubt he will.

Yea I feel the same way, there is just so many layers to each song. Everytime I listen to every track I pick out something new and it blows me away. I disliked certain songs a year ago, and after a few more listens I now love them.

I really like your line of thinking about Chinese D. Tonight I listened to Madagascar, TIL and Prostitute. I love the album of course but I wanted to hear the finale and those three songs do it for me.

Part of me thinks it was really great when Use Your Illusion came out because we got two albums at the same time but now I think I'm just excited with the HOPE that there could be more albums. I'm still hoping this will be Axl's Lord of the Rings trilogy. If it happens I'm thrilled. If it doesn't though it's okay because I never expected Chinese D. part 1 would see the light of day or at least that I'd be here to get it. I'm just happy that for me, Chinese D. has only improved as I listen to it.

I find myself listening to 3 or 4 packs from CD quite often. It seems like I'm into different songs every other week. I've been really into Sorry ever since the Montreal and Toronto shows. That song kicked my ass live.

I find myself listening to 3 or 4 packs from CD quite often. It seems like I'm into different songs every other week. I've been really into Sorry ever since the Montreal and Toronto shows. That song kicked my ass live.

It's just like Use Your Illusion. If I know I have time I prefer to listen to every song on both I and II. I usually try to listen to all of Chinese D. but if I don't have time I think of the last three tracks as almost one epic song.

I'm just happy that I can pop the disc in my stereo at any time and listen to it. It was a long wait, and I'm glad it paid off. Great album.

As for another disc, I have to be honest and say that I am not even thinking about another album. If it happens, awesome, if not, at least I got to hear Chinese Democracy in complete form.

I thought maybe I was the only one who misses the feeling of the anticipation of Chinese. But like its been said, i feel like we are only half way thru the journey. I hope with the touring that the band is doing and how it just seems like Axl is having a blast and I honestly never thought he be this happy, least to me, he seems as happy as ever. Maybe with the weight off his shoulders, him and the band being in good spirits, he will release another album. Chinese Democracy was a great album to me, the songs really mean alot me and in a way, feel like they were written about me and my life. Even tho its not, but thats the magic that this band has on me. Much like a relationship, this band has its ups and downs with me and has changed and saved my life more times than I can count. Chinese Democracy kinda reminds me of a time of maturing. With rock n roll. If we got such a great album this time around, just image what the next one is going to be like.

I thought maybe I was the only one who misses the feeling of the anticipation of Chinese. But like its been said, i feel like we are only half way thru the journey. I hope with the touring that the band is doing and how it just seems like Axl is having a blast and I honestly never thought he be this happy, least to me, he seems as happy as ever. Maybe with the weight off his shoulders, him and the band being in good spirits, he will release another album. Chinese Democracy was a great album to me, the songs really mean alot me and in a way, feel like they were written about me and my life. Even tho its not, but thats the magic that this band has on me. Much like a relationship, this band has its ups and downs with me and has changed and saved my life more times than I can count. Chinese Democracy kinda reminds me of a time of maturing. With rock n roll. If we got such a great album this time around, just image what the next one is going to be like.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm right there with you in hoping there's a part 2 to Chinese D. It's really the best. I've said this before but my only concern for Chinese D. 2 if there is one is that the sound mastering and volume level is exactly like Chinese D. part 1. There is never a reason to worry about the actual music if it's coming from Axl because you know he won't release it unless it's good. That's my only thought about what I would want in terms of a recording sound.