GNR coming to Aalborg, Denmark?

Lose Your Illusions

I never said he or the whole show was terrible. I only said that clip sounded terrible and that I could agree with the newspapers when they said that he probably wouldn't last for too long more. (surely only based on the youtube clips, oh and some guy's words, the guy who btw reviews concerts for a living and was there)

But watching Heaven's Door, you gotta agree, the man has never been that out of breath in such a slow song before.

Just watched that KOHD, he didnt appear out of breath to me. He clearly just lost time with the music and was fucking around. He can sing nightrain, jungle, paradise city, rocket queen like he does at the moment there is no way he gets out of breath on kohd. Sorry your just wrong on that one.

As i said, saw gnr in helsinki, no sign that axl was finding the 2 hour plus set too much. Voice was better than ever. The show had more energy than the 3 i watched in 06.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great concert!

Nice pyros and lights, great sound (which you don't always get in a sports hall).

Noticed a weird thing - the stand for Chris Pitman's keyboard was _really_ wobbly.

Like it was supposed to be, but still too much. It looked like it was about to topple over several times during the first few tracks.

Is it really supposed to be like that?

Cool pictures.

Dj looks like Mick Mars in the second one.

Love the first one. He looks like a funny, nice guy.

Tommy Stinson said that Dj is the cool kid who has that really fresh rockstar vibe, he makes it happen, he makes you love him. That's exactly what I like about him.

It might be a shtick, but it looks very real to me : he has these really straight-forward attitudes and looks and yes, sometimes it's overdone, but the guy is really likeable and fun and it really looks like Axl enjoys that.

To me Dj is the one responsible for the chemistry of this lineup. He is not the best player but he has enough confidence for the whole band and it really does show and influences the other members it seems.

Ok, enough with the ass licking. Way to go Dj. Thanks for this amazing leg of the tour ! :thumbsup:

I never said he or the whole show was terrible. I only said that clip sounded terrible and that I could agree with the newspapers when they said that he probably wouldn't last for too long more. (surely only based on the youtube clips, oh and some guy's words, the guy who btw reviews concerts for a living and was there)

But watching Heaven's Door, you gotta agree, the man has never been that out of breath in such a slow song before.

Just watched that KOHD, he didnt appear out of breath to me. He clearly just lost time with the music and was fucking around. He can sing nightrain, jungle, paradise city, rocket queen like he does at the moment there is no way he gets out of breath on kohd. Sorry your just wrong on that one.

As i said, saw gnr in helsinki, no sign that axl was finding the 2 hour plus set too much. Voice was better than ever. The show had more energy than the 3 i watched in 06.

I think you people keep denying the fact that he is slowly getting worse vocally, which is a natural thing. The breaks near the end of knocking on heaven's door are clearly not how he intended to do them when they frst got the idea 20 years ago, they lost alot of the energy they had during the early days. But I never intended to discuss his voice, 'cause I actually find it one of the more stupid discussions around here, he is getting old like someone said...

Dj ASHBA™

In Denmark Heading back to LA, Just wanted to sincerely thank each n' everyone of you here in Europe for making this Guns N' Roses leg of the tour in-f#$@ing-sane!!!! Amazing crowds!!! We will be back soon!!!

regreso3j.jpg

Coolest Ashba pic ever. This is an amazing picture! The color of the sky is sick and it matches the blue box perfectly. The sky looks almost photoshopped, but it's probably real.

The biggest music magazine in Denmark, Gaffa, gave the concert 5 out of 6 stars and wrote a very surprisingly nice review given their history of bad press and reviews with New GN'R. And the other reviews I've read in the danish newspapers has also been very positive towards Axl and the band with most of them giving 4 out of 6 stars which is great considering most papers gave 1 or 2 stars when CD was released and when they played Roskilde Festival in '06. So Gn'R has definitely won over some of the danish critics and doubters.

The biggest music magazine in Denmark, Gaffa, gave the concert 5 out of 6 stars and wrote a very surprisingly nice review given their history of bad press and reviews with New GN'R. And the other reviews I've read in the danish newspapers has also been very positive towards Axl and the band with most of them giving 4 out of 6 stars which is great considering most papers gave 1 or 2 stars when CD was released and when they played Roskilde Festival in '06. So Gn'R has definitely won over some of the danish critics and doubters.

5 out of 6 eh? Weird

All I know is that he did the most amazing don't cry in St Petersburg and he started saying "hey, hey, hey, hey, yeah again. That's enough for me :xmasssanta:

That's right. And I was quite surprised at his vocal performance as they had played in Finland the night before. :)

I only have this to say about yesterday's show: Fucking amazing concert!!!!!!! :D

Here is the only video I filmed.. Unfortunately I don't sing that great :D

Awesome! It sounds like you were being tea-bagged! Hahaha!

LP

P.S. Did Axl forget what song he was singing at the end.... he was taking a LOT of breaths between the lines which slowed him down, but the last 20 seconds he was EXTRA lost... not sure you can blame the bacon....

Edited by Longpig

Guess I was a bit tired after the concert, I thought you were the one who made the "That was fucking terrible!" post. That's why I asked why you were even here, because I thought you've made two post bashing Axl's voice, which I thought was pretty uncalled for. Sorry for that.

But Jesus, try and relax with the name-calling. All I did was ask you a simple question and you start calling me a fucking cunt (and in the same post you did actually say Axl sounded shit that night...). Pretty immature. Oh well, I apologize for thinking you made a post you didn't. My bad.

But please let go of the cocky "Should I explain how the internet works?" attitude. It's pretty lame.

Don't worry a Mod sent me a PM on my "language" even though I imagine he said nothing to Axl when he called someone a little cunt in his first post.... and then verbally abused Madison... but I guess it makes a BIG difference who uses the word "cunt". It must look better when Axl writes it.... :rolleyes:

Anyways apologies, but you have no right even if I did post both the negative comments about Axl and his performance in Denmark to question why I'm here. I want Axl to sound perfect every song he sings, but I've seen NR, KOHD, SCOM and now the blues (with someone in pain singing along), and he didn't seem very good at all in Denmark.

He sounded very good in a lot of clips I've seen, and even though I'm a huge fan I can accept when he sounds shit and comment on it.

And yes he did sound shit, and if you read the context I was talking about in the 2 clips.

The more I see of the show the more I realise that the original 2 clips were more representative of the show than you lead me to believe.

Like I said, glad you enjoyed the show, but I don't think Axl was very good that night. Sorry.

Seriously? Why this shit? The show was amazing. I've seen them in Finland, both shows in Norway and in Denmark.. And this Aalborg show was probably the best! Just got back home again, and I'm still living on Monday. They were all GREAT!!! Will try write an little review later, but now some sleep. Haven't slept in 3 days..

Guess I was a bit tired after the concert, I thought you were the one who made the "That was fucking terrible!" post. That's why I asked why you were even here, because I thought you've made two post bashing Axl's voice, which I thought was pretty uncalled for. Sorry for that.

But Jesus, try and relax with the name-calling. All I did was ask you a simple question and you start calling me a fucking cunt (and in the same post you did actually say Axl sounded shit that night...). Pretty immature. Oh well, I apologize for thinking you made a post you didn't. My bad.

But please let go of the cocky "Should I explain how the internet works?" attitude. It's pretty lame.

Don't worry a Mod sent me a PM on my "language" even though I imagine he said nothing to Axl when he called someone a little cunt in his first post.... and then verbally abused Madison... but I guess it makes a BIG difference who uses the word "cunt". It must look better when Axl writes it.... :rolleyes:

Anyways apologies, but you have no right even if I did post both the negative comments about Axl and his performance in Denmark to question why I'm here. I want Axl to sound perfect every song he sings, but I've seen NR, KOHD, SCOM and now the blues (with someone in pain singing along), and he didn't seem very good at all in Denmark.

He sounded very good in a lot of clips I've seen, and even though I'm a huge fan I can accept when he sounds shit and comment on it.

And yes he did sound shit, and if you read the context I was talking about in the 2 clips.

The more I see of the show the more I realise that the original 2 clips were more representative of the show than you lead me to believe.

Like I said, glad you enjoyed the show, but I don't think Axl was very good that night. Sorry.

I don't care if Axl Rose said it, I still don't think that's reason enough for you to do it. I asked you a very simple question and yes, I do have every single right to ask you why you're here. It's a valid question... What are you a Nazi?

I too am a very huge fan and have been so for years. I can also tell when Axl doesn't sound very good, just as I can say he doesn't sound very good in the clips you've seen. But I can also say when he sounds great, in which he did in most parts of the concert. But again, you wouldn't be the one to know, since you wasn't there, fair game. I'm just trying to tell you, fan to fan, that Axl did NOT have an off-night. He had off-parts (as always - that doesn't make his whole night awful, does it?) but the whole night overall was great.

http://nordjyske.dk/aalborg/forside.aspx?ctrl=10&data=28%2c3596767%2c5%2c3 4 out of 6

I don't care if Axl Rose said it, I still don't think that's reason enough for you to do it. I asked you a very simple question and yes, I do have every single right to ask you why you're here. It's a valid question... What are you a Nazi?

I too am a very huge fan and have been so for years. I can also tell when Axl doesn't sound very good, just as I can say he doesn't sound very good in the clips you've seen. But I can also say when he sounds great, in which he did in most parts of the concert. But again, you wouldn't be the one to know, since you wasn't there, fair game. I'm just trying to tell you, fan to fan, that Axl did NOT have an off-night. He had off-parts (as always - that doesn't make his whole night awful, does it?) but the whole night overall was great.

I wasn't using the fact Axl said it as justification, I said it because (at the time) I thought you were a fucking cunt. I was just wondering why the fucking cunt I typed is any different from someone else typing fucking cunt. My beef was with the forum not you.

Ok so what gives you the right to decide who should post here or not?

Anyways.... he was having an off night, not only did he sound SHIT in a number of songs, he also fucked up a couple of songs (Jungle, the blues/SoD)

If you didn't go I doubt you would be disagreeing. Look at all the links... the only song he didn't sound shit or fuck up is CD, and we've only got half of it.

Edited by Longpig