Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Many Albums did Use Your Illusion 1/2 sell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • 18-March 09
do you guys have any idea?

EDIT: Looking into this I have found that it seems the wikipedia info on UYI sales is wrong unless they have undervalued the sales of GN'R Lies which seems doubtful. It seems as though the two UYI albums sold at least 20 million+ each

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1, 27 February 2010 - 01:05 PM.

What were her plans if she left Axl's payroll.....Go back to cleaning toilets, changing linens, wiping babies asses....general nanny shit?

realpoti

realpoti

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • 26-January 09
25 million worldwide.

Edited by marlon_brando15, 27 February 2010 - 10:23 AM.

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • 18-March 09
combined? or did both of them sell 25 million?

What were her plans if she left Axl's payroll.....Go back to cleaning toilets, changing linens, wiping babies asses....general nanny shit?

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
About 17 millions each.

Edit: This is just from what I think I've read. I don't have any source.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt, 27 February 2010 - 10:46 AM.

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
I would imagine each. YYI were HUGE when they hit.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

ProFeta

ProFeta

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 04-January 09
http://en.wikipedia....i/Guns_N'_Roses

The 1991 albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II debuted on the two highest spots on the Billboard 200 and have sold a combined 14 million copies in the United States alone and 35 million worldwide.

No VidEo aNd No TouR MaKEs HoMEr gO CRazY!!

------...----------------------------.......................................----------------------------...------

LaBellaVita

LaBellaVita

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • 13-December 08
In addition to the numbers already posted, I want to say that UYI 1 sold more than UYI 2.

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses

The 1991 albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II debuted on the two highest spots on the Billboard 200 and have sold a combined 14 million copies in the United States alone and 35 million worldwide.

Yeah, I would guess that UYI I sold 18 millions and UYI II sold 17 millions.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,396 posts
  • 10-May 08
I believe UYI 2 was a bigger hit than 1. I remember reading it somewhere.

dQOAHSG.png

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
I think I've read that UYI I ended up selling better, but UYI II was more popular in the beginning.

On the other side, I haven't really read much about GN'R other than on this board last years, so it's very possible that it's here I've read it, and as you guys may know, it's a lot of bullshit said here.

karlossacanell

karlossacanell

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • 07-December 02
You could be mine ... the first single they had was in UYI 2 ... so I think at the beggining this one sold more but finally UYI 1 sold more copies...

Yes Sir ... Yes Sir ... Yes Sir ...

Revolver

Revolver

OH MY GOD

• SILVER
  • 4,460 posts
  • 01-December 05
I remember Axl saying somewhere that he wanted to continue to tour the albums until they've sold as much as Appetite each.. I don't have anything more to add with the numbers already posted
*Without a Slogan since '05*

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • 18-March 09

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses

how can that be true?

Guns N' Roses have sold around 100 million albums, that's common knowlage;

Appetite-30 million (28 to be precise)
Chinese- 3-5 million
Greatest Hits- 7-8 million
TSI- 3 million
are all we known numbers so if UYI 1 and 2 sold 35 million combined then had means GNR Lies must have sold 20 million which can't be true

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

how can that be true?

Chinese- 3-5 million
TSI- 3 million
are all we known numbers so if UYI 1 and 2 sold 35 million combined then had means GNR Lies must have sold 20 million which can't be true

You're forgetting Live Era.

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • 18-March 09

how can that be true?

Chinese- 3-5 million
TSI- 3 million

You're forgetting Live Era.

Still I highly doubt live era sold more than 2 million, it only went gold in the US still leaving GNR Lies with around 20 million sales which can't be right. What I am trying to say is you tube claims the UYI albums sold around 34 million between the but it seems as if each sold over 20 million