The Mars Volta?

TheFormerSoul

Many of you guys may know of this band, and I have Ive heard they were the next big thing, even revolutionary. After a few listens to their material, I just can't board the Volta Train.

I still don't know why so many people appeal to this band, they just don't do anything for me. How do you guys feel about this group?

They are one of my favorite bands that have come out in the last decade. I like their first 2 albums. The last 3 are ok. They have been around for a while. The band has been going through some drama and have decided to split and either go on a short or permanent hiatus. There has been some beef between Cedrick and his wife and the drummer Thomas Pridgen. Restraining orders were filed and it got pretty ugly. Some are hoping for a ATD reunion to come out of this.

Edited by Carne_asaDA

my favorite 'hard rock' band.

the bravado of classic rock band

loud and aggressive like a punk band.

soft and lilting like a folk band.

weird like a prog band.

multi-ethnic.

bi-lingual.

conceptual.

improvisational.

consistent.

they are contantly reinventing their sound adding new elements and dropping old tropes.

NOT TO MENTION THEIR KILLER LIVE ACT!!!!!!

I've seen them 4 times and each time they've delivered in big ways.

I think I'm the only person that lie Octahedron. I've seen so many people hate on that album. :( De-Loused in the Comatorium and The Bedlam in Goliath are really good too. Of course TMV has nothing on ATDI but I try not to compare them because they're two different things completely.

Sparta is so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At The Driven was waaaay overrated. Mars Volta was the best thing that happened out of that band. It just sucks that I have only had the opportunity to see Mars Volta live just once.

I don't agree you. ATD deserves the credit they recieve and Sparta was the best thing that came out that band.

At The Driven was waaaay overrated. Mars Volta was the best thing that happened out of that band. It just sucks that I have only had the opportunity to see Mars Volta live just once.

I don't agree you. ATD deserves the credit they recieve and Sparta was the best thing that came out that band.

Wrong again.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that ATD sucks. But I do think that Ced and Omar bounced with good reason. And that was MV. Honestly, I have not heard too much of the original Sparta.

But all of those bands take me back to some good ol' times though. B)

Most definitely.

You should check out Trail of Dead - Same type of sound, and those two bands pretty much came up together.

Most definitely.

You should check out Trail of Dead - Same type of sound, and those two bands pretty much came up together.

I've heard "And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead". They are good.