Do you think something was recorded or composed since 2008?

ManetsBR

In the last three years, do you guys think that Guns N' Roses recorded or composed anything?

And do you guys think that, if Guns N' Roses launch a new CD, they'll use Chinese Democracy Seasons songs or new ones?

Edited by ManetsBR

of course something's been recorded. these guys do that shit for fun too ya know. Maybe something finished, but we wont' see it for a while. For sure, some ideas are recorded, some of which may develope into songs down the road.

Composed yes, writers write it's a release, it's an obsession, it becomes a way of life when you do it long enough you learn ta carry a notebook with you instread of scribbling on cocktail napkins and pizza boxes, recorded? probably- if not an entire finished song than at least the framework for a new song, new riffs, new melodies to be fleshed out and added to, it's a way of life-painters paint, musicians make music it's a drive that can't be denied.

No considering Axl probably has upwards of 100 new songs already written and arranged and has had so for years...

I find this hard to believe. If he really had that many then why would he be so guarded with them? At best there is probably another albums worth of material waiting to be released, but "upwards of 100 new songs"??? That's just BS.

The man is hardly prolific.

And do you guys think that, if Guns N' Roses launch a new CD, they'll use Chinese Democracy Seasons songs or new ones?

Mainly Chinese Democracy sessions with Ashba/Bumblefoot/Frank all added, and one or two new ones.

I think so, i think they are always writing. From what i remember, the way most of the riffs and sounds came about was from thousands of sketches of a guitar part or a bass line or a synth line and Axl would listen to the tapes and select what he would like as a part, Dr Dre does it like this too but he does it in the studio with the musicians playing to him. Even if nothing has been recorded since 08 or 07, theres over 40 tracks(at least) out there in some form. Back in 2000 Axl said they were working on 70-80 songs, granted some of them wouldn't have had vocals on them. Time will tell but im guessing Chidem II will have the likes of Silkworms, The General, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster etc etc it may have a new track or two though. Just guessing though.

Im sure there are new melodies but I highly doubt there are any new vocals at all. If history is true at all (which is hard to verify with anything related to gnr) but it seems like since 94 on whenever you would read an interview with people who worked with Axl they would all say the same thing "great instrumentals, but no vocals at all.."

I always wondered how Axl went about writing the lyrics to the songs. I know how he used to do it back in the UYI days but ever since then its quite a mystery. Does he write the at home, in the studio, on the fly, on paper, into a voice recorder, etc etc. I wish the process of the Chinese Democracy sessions was more known and documented.