MYGNR forum members bands

Hiyaz folks. I don't know if this warrants getting made a sticky or not but I thought it would be a good idea for a thread which allows forum members to make others aware of their latest gigs/music. Handy as you could find out if a band is playing locally/relatively close and then you will know what they are like & can go and see them and give some support.

My band Bismarck is playing Ivory Blacks in Glasgow tomorrow (Sat 20th March). We're sorta dirty/groovy rock but I'm also into a lot of post punk/goth stuff (Killing Joke, Cult, Theatre Of Hate etc) so it's an eclectic mix. Tix are £6. If anyone fancies putting in an appearance then PM me on here and I'll sort you with a ticket.

Cheers

Scott

x

I'm in several bands, none of which have recordings (Yet), or any upcoming shows, due to it being the middle of the semester. My main group right now is a ska band back home in Rochester; The Steakouts, in which I play bari and alto sax, and do backing vocals. We've only been together since around Christmas, but we've already done a couple shows, and we'll have plenty more in the Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse areas, as well as a show in Philly with legendary skate punk band McRad. We've got 6 or 7 songs written, and we've got 2 covers we're currently working on (Ska takes on Santeria and Last Kiss).

I also have a couple things I'm working with some other people here at school; I have a folk punk duo which doesn't have a name (We just go out on campus and play outside buildings and stuff), an as-of-yet unnamed funk band, and an as-of-yet unnamed hardcore band.

By the way, this belongs in the Musicians section. ;)

Sorry mate, won't be able to make it up to glasgow tommorow but i'm well up for it another time.

I'm in between bands at the moment, just been doing some solo recordings and a few covers (Unbilotitled - Babyshambles and Ten Storey Love Song - Stone Roses).. I'll try post a few up here tommorow if anyones interested in hearing. Good idea posting this, I hate that musicians board full of mediocre guitar solos.

I also want to be in a band that would want to cover GnR stuff. My singer hates Guns <_<

I hear ya on that one - our singer just dropped out but the two guitar players are trading vocals around. One really wants to do Children of Bodom :blink: The one GNR song we did was "Shackler's Revenge" and it was good, but I'd like to do something like "Bad Apples".

Edit: Oh yeah, we did "Welcome to the Jungle" over the summer, and it sounded badass :P

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over

• 5 weeks later...

Bismarck @ Nice n Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow. Onstage 10pm. Come & enjoy a sexy, violent show.

Anyone who fancies it let me know. Tickets £6.

Cheers

Scott

x

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105696286135961&ref=ts

I'll see if I can get a lift up from my pal.. thats a top little venue, same street as the garage aye?

Bismarck @ Nice n Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow. Onstage 10pm. Come & enjoy a sexy, violent show.

Anyone who fancies it let me know. Tickets £6.

Cheers

Scott

x

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105696286135961&ref=ts

I'll see if I can get a lift up from my pal.. thats a top little venue, same street as the garage aye?

Aye mate. If you're coming along then let me ken & I'll sort you with a ticket,

It's just across the street from the Garage.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=nice+n+sleazy+glasgow&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=nice+n+sleazy&hnear=Glasgow,+UK&cid=0&ll=55.866069,-4.269032&spn=0,0.027595&z=15&layer=c&cbll=55.866092,-4.269226&panoid=3wno_qc-i71cJjrv8frp7A&cbp=12,115.06,,0,4.48

Edited by Bansidhe

What a fucking good idea man. yeah this should probably go in the Musicians' section but no one ever goes there, so we may as well have one here.

I'm in two bands, one's a hard rock band with a little bit of a prog edge to them:

That's just a preview, the whole song will be going up pretty shortly.

The other band's a three-piece acoustic deal with a bit of a Scottish/folky edge to it, particularly added by our singer's voice which I think's quite unique.

Cerulean Myspace

Hope you guys check it out, give me some feedback :), Would love to swing by your gig, Bansidhe. Not seen you since that heady night in July 2006, unfortunately I'm mid-exams at the moment and can't really afford the time to go out, so I'll wish ya good luck. Play a blinder.

Edited by Graeme

Sorry to kill the buzz... we do have a musicians forum and i'll make this a sticky in there.

It used to be very active - would be great to see you guys post in it more. :)

For this to remain a sticky Bandishe, it would be cool if you take the responsibility to add when/where people are playing shows into the first post and keep it updated every now and then.

• 1 month later...

http://www.myspace.com/croatone

best way I can describe our sound is bluesy progressive hard rock fused with post metal and hardcore, but really we just consider ourselves a rock band

We just played a few shows at The Loft and Mac's Bar in Lansing, Michigan that were fucking awesome, planning on booking some down in Ann Arbor and maybe Detroit and/or Grand Rapids, I have no idea... If you live in Michigan and you dig our sound look out for us, we'll try to make a few rounds this summer

http://www.myspace.com/dirtyvibez

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dirty-Vibes/122215391134056?ref=ts (we communicate with fans a lot more on our FB page)

We're called "Dirty Vibes" obviously. I would say our main collective influence is Guns N' Roses, especcially mine (singer.) We're trying to expand our fanbase and we're trying to recieve as many votes as possible from the general public worldwide to get us a place on stage at this years "Lounge on the Farm" festival.

It would help us immensely if you would have a listen to the song we've uploaded on the voting site, decide if you like it or not and if you do, go through the voting process it only takes a few minutes. The site is really poorly made so if you get stuck, instructions are available on out MySpace blog.

http://www.yousaytheyplay.co.uk/voting/band/Dirty%2520Vibes

Thanks in advance x kid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a small clip of recordings my band made last Friday night. This song is only 50% done production wise but it gives a little hint at what some of our stuff is like. Borrowed my mate's telecaster for the jangly part on it. Contrasts well with the Les Paul I think.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a ska band, The Steakouts. We play all over New York, and occasionally in Pennsylvania. We're in the process of mixing our debut EP, "The Big Misteak". A short bio from a local promoter:

"Hailing from Rochester, NY, The Steakouts is a ska/punk band that prides itself in bringing a dance party to every show. Upon introduction to the ska scene, the band released a demo featuring such classics as 'Dancing Dan' and 'Philadelphia.' With a live performance saturated with fun and energy, this band is one worth steaking out for."

Here's a list of upcoming shows. In the coming months, we'll be announcing shows all across the Northeast as well:

2/25 - The Haunt, Ithaca, NY (Opening for The Toasters)

3/12 - Flying Squirrel, Rochester, NY (Day of Ska)

4/17 - Mohawk Place, Buffalo, NY (Opening for Mustard Plug)

6/10 - Dub Land Underground, Rochester, NY (Opening for The Toasters)

http://www.facebook.com/thesteakouts?sk=app_178091127385

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...