The OFFICIAL Buenos Aires Thread - March 22, Argentina

ManetsBR

anyone uploaded the paradise city video?

on youtube there are lots of them, just put Guns and roses velez 2010 paradise city and walla! :xmasssanta:

also, check the pics from Rodrigo, he whon the "Be my guest" in Argentina :xmassrudolph:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056823&id=1115200087

love dizzy faces :xmassrudolph:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone uploaded the paradise city video?

on youtube there are lots of them, just put Guns and roses velez 2010 paradise city and walla! :xmasssanta:

also, check the pics from Rodrigo, he whon the "Be my guest" in Argentina :xmassrudolph:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056823&id=1115200087

love dizzy faces :xmassrudolph:

I can't see Axl in any of those pics.

can a mod or manets change the first post? this was the setlist, not the one that is posted there...

thx

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Fortus Solo

Live And Let Die

If The World

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj guitar solo

Sweet Child o Mine

Another brick in the wall

Axl piano solo

November rain

Bumblefoot guitar solo

Don't Cry

Out ta get me

Knockin On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore:

Madagascar

Patience

Whole Lotta Rosie

Paradise city

As my first post, I'll give my thoughs on the concert I attended.

I'm not a hardcore fan so excuse any mistakes you might find. Also, take notice that english is not my main language.

The word "bittersweet" fits my feelings like a glove after attending Guns n' Roses performance last night at Velez Sarsfield stadium in Buenos Aires.

This country always had GNR fever and after 17 years, Axl Rose would step on Argentinean soil again.

The concert organization was plagued by incidents from the very beginning, when the River Plate stadium, where the concert was due was banned for music shows by the authorities for causing vibrations that disturbed the neighbors.

Tickets sold out very early. That caused riots outside the stadium when people tried to get in without a ticket. Some furious delinquents set a tree on fire and the police had to intervene arresting about 3 or 4 people.

Opening for Axl and Co. was Sebastian Bach, former lead singer of the band Skid Row.

Even though Bach abused demagogy by repeating time after time "Argentina, te amo" (Argentina, I love you), Sebastian put on a great show and won the audience over almost instantly.

With a mix of Skid Row classics and songs from his solo album "Angel Down", Bach proved he still has a very powerful voice and knows how to use it.

His backing band was great too and for 75 minutes the audience was entertained with classics like "Big Guns", "18 And Life", "In A Darkened Room" and the closer "Youth Gone Wild".

Almost 2 hours late, at 11 PM, Axl's band took the stage.

This GNR line up is very different to the one that played their last concert in Argentina in 1993. Gone are Slash, Duff, Matt and Gilby.

We're left with basically Axl Rose and exchangeable employees, named Guns N' Roses only because Axl was smart enough to register the name.

Current members are Frank Ferrer on drums, Tommy Stinson on the bass, guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and newest member DJ Ashba and keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman.

The Beginning with "Chinese Democracy" was everything a rock concert should have. A great frontman, a solid band behind and the added bonus of giant screens, great lightening and fireworks.

"But something sure is wrong" sang Hank Williams. Axl's voice wasn't audible.

The problem wasn't the typical case of adjusting the volumes on the first couple of songs because we couldn't hear Axl for most of the show.

After the opening, the band attacked with 3 "Appetite For Destruction" classics in a row: "Welcome To The Jungle", "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone".

The audience sang along and jump to all of them but soon started to grow disenchanted by the "karaoke" show and started singing "No se escucha, no se escucha!" (We can't hear it!).

The show continued with a couple of songs from the "Chinese Democracy" album, "Sorry" (a bitter open letter to ex members of Guns n' Roses) and "Better".

The audience patience slowly dimmed and grew intensely frustrated for not being able to hear Axl's voice, so they started to throw things at the stage.

Axl called an interpreter to translate his message of "if you keep throwing things at the stage, the show will be over...I wanna stay and have fun, but if you don't stop we will go!". This scene happened again during the show until finally the audience calmed down.

Each guitar player and keyboardist Dizzy Reed had a solo spot to show their skills. Dizzy was received with enthusiasm, perhaps because he's the only current member from the "Use Your Illusion" era.

The "Illusion" albums were represented by the Paul McCartney and Wings cover "Live and Let Die", the "Terminator 2" soundtrack song "You Could Be Mine", the Bob Dylan cover "Knocking on heaven's Door" -with the whole 45.000 attendees singing along and one of the few songs where Axl's voice could be heard- and a beautiful "November Rain", featuring Axl on the Piano jamming through a couple of Elton John songs -Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Someone Saved My Life Tonight" and Pink Floyd's "Another Break In The Wall".

Other Chinese Democracy songs performed were "If The World" and "Street of Dreams", featuring Dizzy Reed on the piano jamming to David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" on the intro.

"Rocket Queen", from the "Appetite of Destruction" album got a great response from the audience as did "Sweet Child o' Mine" from the same album, the most celebrated song of the evening.

A beautiful guitar and voice only version of "Don't Cry" had Axl joined by thousands of voices and cheering.

The fierce "Out ta get me" followed and was celebrated as all other songs from "Appetite for destruction" were.

A great cover of AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" was very well executed and sounded powerful as it should be.

The main set finished after more than 2 hours with "Night Train" and after 5 minutes the band returned to perform the encores.

"Madagascar" is a song that works very well live, where the intensity is better felt live than on the "Chinese Democracy" record.

Perhaps Guns n' Roses most tender ballad, "Patience", from the "Lies" album was performed almost as acoustic as on the LP version and was preceded by an unexpected performance by the 3 guitar players of "Por una Cabeza", one of the most popular Argentinean Tango tunes.

The ending came with the usual closer, "Paradise City" and a festival of Axl running across the stage, some more fireworks and red colored papers raining on the audience.

After more than 2 and a half hours of a very professional show it was a real shame that Axl was barely audible.

Hopefully they will return not in 17 years but sooner, and let Axl's "poor voice be heard".

1.Chinese Democracy (KARAOKE VERSION)

2.Welcome To The Jungle (KARAOKE VERSION)

3.It's So Easy (KARAOKE VERSION)

4.Mr. Brownstone (KARAOKE VERSION)

5.Sorry (KARAOKE VERSION)

6.Better (KARAOKE VERSION)

7.Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

8.Live And Let Die (KARAOKE VERSION)

9.If the World (KARAOKE VERSION)

10.Rocket Queen (KARAOKE VERSION)

11.Dizzy Reed Piano

12.Street Of Dreams (KARAOKE VERSION)

13.You Could Be Mine (KARAOKE VERSION)

14.DJ Ashba Guitar Solo-

15.Sweet Child O' Mine (KARAOKE VERSION)

16.Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Someone saved my life tonight, Another brick in the wall)

17.November Rain

18.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

19.Don't Cry

20. Out ta get me (KARAOKE VERSION)

21.Knockin' On Heaven's Door (SEMI KARAOKE VERSION)

22.22.Nightrain (KARAOKE VERSION)

Encore:

23.Madagascar (KARAOKE VERSION)

24.Intro: Por una cabeza/Patience (KARAOKE VERSION)

25.Whole Lotta Rosie (KARAOKE VERSION)

26.Paradise City (KARAOKE VERSION)

JAJAJAJJAJA KARAOKE, I felt welcome to the jungle was a karaoke :shrugs: and I was very close to the stage. But was an amazing karaoke, I'm so happy with the concert that I do not care! :P

can a mod or manets change the first post? this was the setlist, not the one that is posted there...

thx

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Fortus Solo

Live And Let Die

If The World

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Solo