Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

Ozzy is still badass in solo

I saw him in 2010 and he kicked ass, even if he is an old fuck now. But when Paranoid came out on the show, everybody from 10 to 70, start headbanging like propeller.

Btw i like Gus G, but i miss Zakk (yeah, the Ozzy & Friends tour is fine, but i want Zakk back)

gus g is a good guitar player but he isnt zakk.

I thought Scream was Ozzy's strongest album since the 80s, even better than NMT.

Life Won't Wait is a gorgeous track and Diggin Me Down, Time, Let It Die and LMHYS are all A grade tracks.

I don't get why fans give Ozzy such a hard time for merely updating his sound. He's moved with the times, perhaps some of these purist fans should get their heads out of the past.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I absolutely love Ozzy. But I only have seen him live once, and it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It was summer '91, No More Tears tour. Ozzy was so fucked up that night he could barely walk, much less perform. I think they played about an hour or something. Very disappointing but oh well. I still love his music.

Oh- to make matters worse, the openers were Vixen and White Lion!

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I absolutely love Ozzy. But I only have seen him live once, and it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It was summer '91, No More Tears tour. Ozzy was so fucked up that night he could barely walk, much less perform. I think they played about an hour or something. Very disappointing but oh well. I still love his music.

Oh- to make matters worse, the openers were Vixen and White Lion!

That's a shame. Surprising, because he was doing much better during that tour than he had been prior years, drug-wise.

Still my favorite Ozzy-era.

• Like 1

I could be wrong on the year. Might have been '89. I tried to look it up on Setlist but couldn't find it. I know it was '91 or earlier, cuz I wasn't 21, I know that. We got busted on the way home and the trooper made us dump a cooler full of beer out on the side of the road! My buddy was able to empty the weed out of his pocket without being seen though, so that was a bonus...

9 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I could be wrong on the year. Might have been '89. I tried to look it up on Setlist but couldn't find it. I know it was '91 or earlier, cuz I wasn't 21, I know that. We got busted on the way home and the trooper made us dump a cooler full of beer out on the side of the road! My buddy was able to empty the weed out of his pocket without being seen though, so that was a bonus...

If the bass player was Mike Inez (long curly/frizzy hair, now known as a member of Alice In Chains) it was No More Tears/90's.

If the bass player was Geezer Butler or Bob Daisley, it was 89.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

If the bass player was Mike Inez (long curly/frizzy hair, now known as a member of Alice In Chains) it was No More Tears/90's.

If the bass player was Geezer Butler or Bob Daisley, it was 89.

I wish I could remember that. I only remember Zakk Wylde... A very long time ago. And beer & weed were in play that night as well, so...

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

If I had to guess based off of your account of Ozzy, I'd say it was '89. He wasn't usually fucked up like that during the No More Tours Tour.

Yes I think so. I recall a few things regarding an old girlfriend from afterwards that make me think it was '89...

I'm really kicking myself for not seeing Sabbath in KC last spring. Stupid move on my part because I heard it was awesome...

• Like 1

Ozzy kicks ass.Fronted the og heavy metal band .His discography is amazing between Sabbath and his solo stuff.Paranoid and Blizzard of Ozz 2 of my favorite albums all time .Guy still brings it live seen him twice in the last 3 years  with Sabbath and they were both kick ass shows .He's an icon

• Like 1

I forgot how funny The Osbournes was;

I'm still laughing out loud from 17:59 of that video and the run up that lead up from 15:38 to it/Ozzy's reaction/17:59;

Their house has a lot of dogs to begin with; They were at some charity auction bidding on puppies from an animal shelter, and there was this puppy that started at $800.00, and Kelly bid it up to $1, 400.00 or so with her father Ozzy all trying to stifle it; like somebody's trying to flash more money than the Osbournes, and suddenly it went up to $3, 000.00 and Kelly backed out... Then @/around 17 minutes and 59 seconds, Ozzy's reaction.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

I forgot how funny The Osbournes was;

I'm still laughing out loud from 17:59 of that video and the run up that lead up from 15:38 to it/Ozzy's reaction/17:59;

Their house has a lot of dogs to begin with; They were at some charity auction bidding on puppies from an animal shelter, and there was this puppy that started at $800.00, and Kelly bid it up to $1, 400.00 or so with her father Ozzy all trying to stifle it; like somebody's trying to flash more money than the Osbournes, and suddenly it went up to $3, 000.00 and Kelly backed out... Then @/around 17 minutes and 59 seconds, Ozzy's reaction.

My favorite episode is when he's fucked up about 6 different ways and throws the piece of firewood through his next door neighbors window...