Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a video of "No More Tears" last night and he looks so much cooler back then. He went downhill pretty fast...

He still makes pretty good music and all, though.

I really don't think he did. With all of the drug and alcohol abuse, Ozzy has aged extremely well in my opinion.

2wdq3p0.jpg

70's

35ann7b.jpg

Early 80's

2wh304k.jpg

Mid-80's

2zhh9vs.jpg

Early 90's

I'd say the "worst" Ozzy has ever looked (and acted, at least stage wise) would probably be in the early 2000's/Osbournes-era when he was taking over 40+ pills a day and still smoking weed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kIJRgfXOyQ&feature_embed

:no:

He was great on the 2007/2008 tour though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksffUw7YTOc&feature_embed

2zxqz9k.jpg

He was great at the 2009 Blizzcon also, with little Yuto:

B)

On the book it says he had some work done at the end of the 80s, the Ozzy from No More Tears is completely different than the one on No Rest and before. And I don't think he was in any condition at the time to be hitting the gym on a regular basis.

Yeah, I did find it a bit odd that early 90's Ozzy looked better than the 20 years before that.

And BS, yeah, he looks pretty good now, I just wish he would stop wearing those old lookin' rags and stuff when he does interviews and all. I was watching something with him from recently and those thigns make he looks scrawny and old. In the pic you posted you can at least tell he's not like that.

i don't believe there is anyone else who has the particular tone that ozzy does. his voice always reminded me of a very clean sounding synthesizer. actually, now that i think about it, Peter Cetera's voice kinda resembles Ozzy's a little, imo.

I think more Peter Gabriel...

• 8 months later...

is that second disc a new live record or is it just tribute?

They're saying unreleased, so I'm guessing it's probably available as a bootleg, but they don't list the date so I can't be sure.

But there is also unreleased/unseen Ozzy and Randy footage in the DVD they're including as well, so I can't wait for that, either.