Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

• 2 months later...

The Blizzard/Diary reissues came out this week, Blizzard's worth picking up for the live disc. I'm just going to have to wait to see the DVD. The 150 price tag's worth it if you want the DVD and the coffeetable book, but I just wanted new copies of Diary and Blizzard.

I appreciate Sharon restoring the album back, and glad I never bought the 2002 version.

Someone did a pretty good job reviewing it :)

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-bumblefoot-reviews-ozzy-osbourne-blizzard-of-ozzdiary-of-a-madman-reissues-449536

• 3 months later...

Glad to see a lot of Ozzy fans here. Ozzy and Sabbath are my absolute favorite bands to listen to. Ozzy has a voice that you just don't find anywhere else, some have similarities, but its never had the power like Ozzy has always had. I have practically everything I could find of the man's work, with the exception of Live and Loud which I just never got around to buying. I've never seen him live, but my uncle has twice, one in 92, once in 95. He said that both shows were amazing, he may not be the most energetic performer on stage, but you can't deny the man has a stage presence that will never be beaten. Scream to me was the best album since No More Tears, Gus brought some great stuff to the table, and Ozzy seemed to really put a lot of work into the new release. Diggin' Me Down is in my top 5 Ozzy songs ever now :)

Ozzy's on a book signing tour. Not for "I Am Ozzy", but for his Rolling Stone monthly "Ask Dr Ozzy". Pretty much a stocking stuffer gift, so try to slip in a CD cover in the book.

11 Oct BOOK SIGNING - HUNTINGTON, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

13 Oct BOOK SIGNING - SAN DIEGO, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

14 Oct BOOK SIGNING - RIVERSIDE, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

15 Oct BOOK SIGNING - LOS ANGELES, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

18 Oct BOOK SIGNING - CONROE, TX (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Hastings

19 Oct BOOK SIGNING - TUCSON, AZ (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

20 Oct BOOK SIGNING - LAS VEGAS, NV (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

21 Oct BOOK SIGNING - SACRAMENTO, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Barnes & Noble

22 Oct BOOK SIGNING - SAN FRANCISCO, CA (NO PERFORMANCE INCLUDED) Booksmith

http://www.ozzy.com/us/tour

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" comes out on DVD Nov 15.

• 7 months later...

Bump for some massive appreciation on my part for No More Tears!

I'm not a fan of Ozzy or anything, I don't dislike his music either, but I've always loved Crazy Train (who doesn't?) and I remember years ago as a kid I loved Road to Nowhere. I checked out a compilation recently (I think it was The Essential) and I couldn't get into most of what I heard but the 90s stuff really stuck. And I mean really! So yeah, No More Tears, brilliant from start to finish. (Scratch that, I don't like Tinkertrain.) Ozzmosis is pretty good too, I suppose, but with far fewer stand out tracks.

love the first 6 sabbath albums with ozzy, my fave being sabotage and master of reality, they are just amazing records. his first 2 solo albums were decent many killer songs with a good amount of filler IMO, he has been on a pretty cold streak since diary although i love ozmosis which is my fave ozzy solo album, which for some reason gets slammed by critics :shrugs:

Edited by bran

Guest Broskirose

Diary of a Madman is his best album and Diary of a Madman is not only his best song but one of the best songs of all time.

Bump for some massive appreciation on my part for No More Tears!

I'm not a fan of Ozzy or anything, I don't dislike his music either, but I've always loved Crazy Train (who doesn't?) and I remember years ago as a kid I loved Road to Nowhere. I checked out a compilation recently (I think it was The Essential) and I couldn't get into most of what I heard but the 90s stuff really stuck. And I mean really! So yeah, No More Tears, brilliant from start to finish. (Scratch that, I don't like Tinkertrain.) Ozzmosis is pretty good too, I suppose, but with far fewer stand out tracks.

Mr. Tinkertrain is a damn good track, you bitch. The bonus tracks for No More Tears (Don't Blame Me, Party With The Animals) are damn good, too.

Ozzmosis is really underrated, as well.

I don't think Diary is his best album, though. Definitely one of this best songs, but I think my favorite Ozzy album is probably No More Tears. I don't see how anyone could think Ozzy had a a cold streak after Diary. Every album is pretty solid, in my opinion, all fanboy-ness aside.

Guest Broskirose

I agree every album was pretty solid. No More Tears is great. But, it isn't perfect imo. DOAM pretty much is. And I just like the vibe on that album much more. Very dark. Randy Rhoads just amazes me on that record.

Over The Mountain, Believer, Tonight, SATO, DOAM....

love the first 6 sabbath albums with ozzy, my fave being sabotage and master of reality, they are just amazing records. his first 2 solo albums were decent many killer songs with a good amount of filler IMO, he has been on a pretty cold streak since diary although i love ozmosis which is my fave ozzy solo album, which for some reason gets slammed by critics :shrugs:

Exactly this. But i also loved NSD.

Ozzy and Black Sabbath for life rock3 rock1

• 3 months later...

I knew you didn't like it :max:

What's wrong with it? I think it's a solid album, fanboy or not.

it is just the same stuff that has plagued ozzy for a decade now. the songs are just boring, and the direction of his sound is not something i really care for sounds like he is trying to sound something like avenged sevenfold lol

i have higher hopes for the new sabbath album but im still not 100% sold on that either lol

it is just the same stuff that has plagued ozzy for a decade now. the songs are just boring, and the direction of his sound is not something i really care for sounds like he is trying to sound something like avenged sevenfold lol

i have higher hopes for the new sabbath album but im still not 100% sold on that either lol

I think Scream is his best since No More Tears.

Songs like Let It Die and Digging Me Down are great, and are nowhere near soundling like Avenged Sevenfold (I know you didn't mean exactly, but still). And Life Won't Wait sounds like a classic Ozzy ballad to me.

I think Scream is his best since No More Tears.

Songs like Let It Die and Digging Me Down are great, and are nowhere near soundling like Avenged Sevenfold (I know you didn't mean exactly, but still). And Life Won't Wait sounds like a classic Ozzy ballad to me.

digging me down was decent the rest i really dont like. no more tears/ozmosis were great albums since then not so much lol

I like Ozzmosis a lot and overall it's a solid album, but I do think Scream is a better album.

Down To Earth wasn't bad, but definitely not great. Easily the weakest of the 2000's. Black Rain was very good, as well.

you are just probably a bigger ozzy solo fan than iam lol i would give up his last 7 or 8 solo albums for 1 more amazing sabbath album lol