Doesn't look as if the tour documentary is going to happen.

Towelie

A month or two ago there was a lot of talk about director Dale Resteghini filming a tour documentary. Here's the latest:

Q - @richardfortus Richard, is it true that the South American tour was recorded by Dale Resteghini?

A - @nicobatalla He was out for a minute at the beginning of the tour. Didn't work out though

A month or two ago there was a lot of talk about director Dale Resteghini filming a tour documentary. Here's the latest:

Q - @richardfortus Richard, is it true that the South American tour was recorded by Dale Resteghini?

A - @nicobatalla He was out for a minute at the beginning of the tour. Didn't work out though

Lovely....

To be honest...the South American tour was full of disasters anyways.

Wrong. The only disaster was the stage collapse at Rio.

Disasters??!!! :huh: Of course thats wrong..

Some shows of this tour have been epic!!!

The show in Caracas was perfect!!! There was no riots, or flying bottles to the stage at all, and people's behaviour was A+.

They recorded the whole show here in Venezuela, so im still hoping for the release of a DVD from the South American Tour anytime soon.. :heart:

One camera man that i had on front of me captured every single one of my emotions haha, especially when i was crying on November Rain.. haha

Edited by nathalie92

The show in Caracas was perfect!!! There was no riots, or flying bottles to the stage at all, and people's behaviour was A+.

They recorded the whole show here in Venezuela, so im still hoping for the release of a DVD from the South American Tour anytime soon.. :heart:

One camera man that i had on front of me captured every single one of my emotions haha, especially when i was crying on November Rain.. haha

If I'm not wrong, all the concerts since 2006 were taped.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Dammit! I think we're still going to get a dvd of this tour though... I'm excited to see what's next once the Europe and inevitable US tour is over. Ah, we'll find out soon enough...

Guest Sweet Tooth

...And last night.

That's not South America, it's Central ;)

I wouldn't call Rio a disaster, it got re-scheduled, didn't it?

If I'm not wrong, all the concerts since 2006 were taped.

All shows since '91 have been filmed.

...And last night.

That's not South America, it's Central ;)

I wouldn't call Rio a disaster, it got re-scheduled, didn't it?

Still, a lot of people probably got screwed out of seeing them who couldn't make it back for the rescheduled date; to me it's still a disaster for that reason. As far as other "disasters": the bottle incident (I forget where, but it was the first real incident of the whole tour), shorter setlists with less CD songs, extremely late starts, the loss of some of Baz's equipment due to the accident. All in all, Canada went a hell of a lot smoother.

Wait, how does one man not being part of the touring crew anymore equate to there not being the possibility for a dvd/documentary, etc. at all? For all we know, the person filming and editing Tommy's tour diaries could be the very man responsible for filming footage for this. Or if not that, maybe they hired someone else when Mr. Restighini split? I just don't think there's enough reason to be bummed out for a scenario that we're likely exaggerating anyway.

Wait, how does one man not being part of the touring crew anymore equate to there not being the possibility for a dvd/documentary, etc. at all? For all we know, the person filming and editing Tommy's tour diaries could be the very man responsible for filming footage for this. Or if not that, maybe they hired someone else when Mr. Restighini split? I just don't think there's enough reason to be bummed out for a scenario that we're likely exaggerating anyway.

The only news we had of this was when we heard that Restighini was going to direct it. Now he's not on board anymore we don't have anything to suggest a live DVD/documentary other than fans wishful thinking.