Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL SAN JUAN concert thread April 15th, Puerto Rico

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
228 replies to this topic

American Psycho

American Psycho

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • 04-April 10
This Don't Cry is AMAZING

Caroline

Caroline

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • 17-January 10
Woooooooow!! Thanks for Don`t Cry video. Awesome!! :thumbsup:

"... Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time .... all [ I ] need is just a little patience..." (Axl Rose)

"Music is not a competition, it`s a way of life" (DJ Ashba)

Used To Love Me

Used To Love Me

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • 17-November 08

gnr-dave Simple solution for you rather than getting so uptight about things, when they come to your area don't go! Problem solved :thumbsup:

And last time I checked its a discussion board. If you want to kiss Axls ass and have people not be able to give any feed back that is not ass kissing go read Jarmos

...and the last time I checked, you weren't a moderator of this forum.

But seeing as you're hot on advice, here's some: Nobody minds an opinion, it's just the endless rant, time after time about the same old topic(s) that it gets boring. Let's be honest dave, it's not like conduct hasn't been mentioned before, with you.

When you're being sensible, your feedback (even the negative stuff :o ) is no problem with me. Just in moderation you see.
Please be sensible and continue to enjoy posting here. :)

Oh, and isn't there a thread for people moaning about setlists?
We're good like that, you see.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowned.
"Publishing is a terrible invasion of my privacy. I like to write. I love to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure."

Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • 05-July 08
Oh my fuck, epic don't cry. With Frank it would be a monster.
October 5th, 2011

danmak

danmak

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • 12-December 08
chinese democracy + part of welcome to the jungle (high quality):

gunnerpr

gunnerpr

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • 06-January 06
WOWWWWWWWW great videosssss!!!! best performance of CD!!! AXl started singing with the mickey mouse voice in BETTER & TIL!!!!LOL

WWEROSES

WWEROSES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • 05-March 05
Wow..im almost lost for words on how great Axl sounds at this show. I wish we had soundboard or monitor mix of this show. Im so blown away by the power of his voice. For all those naysayers who claim he cant sing no more...show them youtube clips of this show and I will bet anything they will change their tune or just be a stuck up asshole and still say he cant sing, lol. Did anyone see the You Could Be Mine clip? wow, he sang the whole song in rasp..every clip i have seen, i got goosebumps. God I hope i get to see these guys when and if they come to the States.

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 8,737 posts
  • 12-January 05

I agree. I hope they add him to it!

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

BatVin

BatVin

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • 21-April 08

I agree. I hope they add him to it!

i think that Axl doesnt want frank to play it. Axl doesnt want to play DC as a complete song. If you added drums to this version, it would already sound pretty complete.

Bansidhe

Bansidhe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  • 16-February 06
Just listened to Better from the same gig. Probably the best I've heard Axl sing it. He doesn't go for the highest notes in the heavy section after the BBF solo but his voice does sound very powerful throughout.

Posted Image
"He's not a very nice man is he..."

"God Ted I've never met anyone like him anyway. Who would he be like? Hitler or one of those mad fellas?"

"Oh worse than Hitler. You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at 3 o'clock in the morning."

Bismarck Rock

Black Horse

Black Horse

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 15-November 09

This Don't Cry is AMAZING

Yes, it is, and that performance along with the one in Buenos Aires gives me the chills :)
Posted Image

UK SUBS

UK SUBS

FRONTMAN

• Admins
  • 11,694 posts
  • 03-October 03

Semi Pro Shot (news article) of CHINESE' and 'JUNGLE!
------------------------------------------

He asked "are you a lonely man?" His reply was non-committal "I AM WHO I AM"

Scaramouche

Scaramouche

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • 19-May 09
Better sounded amazing!!! Absolutely one of the best performances of that song!

Posted Image
Somewhere in time where only I can tell

koldie123

koldie123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • 17-March 10

Wow..im almost lost for words on how great Axl sounds at this show. I wish we had soundboard or monitor mix of this show. Im so blown away by the power of his voice. For all those naysayers who claim he cant sing no more...show them youtube clips of this show and I will bet anything they will change their tune or just be a stuck up asshole and still say he cant sing, lol. Did anyone see the You Could Be Mine clip? wow, he sang the whole song in rasp..every clip i have seen, i got goosebumps. God I hope i get to see these guys when and if they come to the States.

I'm actually going to slightly disagree there, his voice seemed to have something a touch wrong with it, its a little hard to place exactly where though but his higher register at times seemed very loose with regards to control, esp compared to the previous parts of the tour....not sure quite why, maybe he was having an off night with that....its really most obvious in the lower part of his upper register, at times he was singing a little too high for the song....I suspect it maybe simply because he had a while to rest and his voice was in general better knick then before (though clearly he has lost some of the very highest notes during this tour, no doubt they will be back for Europe...) and you'd be surprised how sometimes that throws singers, it certainly throws me sometimes!

Maybe I'm just being a touch harsh and overanalytical, in the end for a good portion of the songs he sounded ace, granted he was probably not doing himself any vocal favours with the way he had to hit some of the higher notes that night, but alas he dos get there.

One very positive thing I'll say that I noticed, his chest voice has come on leaps and bounds recently, the fact he was decently rested here meant his lower register was spot on, and for the most part his upper was as well, the control, hmmm that was more hit and miss IMO!

Edited by koldie123, 18 April 2010 - 06:56 PM.

Montrealer

Montrealer

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 5,022 posts
  • 18-March 05
These vids bring back so many good memories!!!
I can't wait to see them again!

Posted Image