Slash discusses Axl and "Chinese Democracy"

Estranged Reality

This interview was posted in Former Gunners already, but I wanted to post it here for the part where Slash specifically discusses Axl (the good and bad):

The discussion starts about fourteen minutes into the video. They also briefly talk about Chinese Democracy, which Slash calls "great."

Then they talk about the whole Slash t-shirt controversy.

(Apologies if this was posted yet, btw, but a search didn't bring it up.)

Edited by Estranged Reality

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR-educator™

That's the kind of shit that gets these threads moved/locked, btw. ;) Haven't you been asked to knock all that off? Why do you keep doing it?

I've always gotten the impression that stuff belonged in this section if it was specifically about Axl/GN'R (for example: when other musicians or people like Hilfiger talked about Axl, it was posted here, not in Anything Goes); but I think sometimes it depends on how off-topic the threads actually get. If it turns into another tired debate then yeah. I don't moderate this section of the forum... If one of the moderators that does wishes to move the topic, I have no problem with that.

But please consider that the kind of trolling you take part in is one of the reason otherwise on-topic threads do get reported and moved around so much.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Yeah,I'll knock off a phrase that isn't an insult while blatant "fuck you's" and things that are actually against Forum rules stay :thumbsup: Please show me where that phrase is considered an insult or against forum rules?

Yeah,it's really trolling, ya got me there :rolleyes: I offer constructive opinions not smiley faced posts.I don't post in threads to shit on them. My opinion may differ with popular sentiment in threads but that isn't trolling, Bro.

There are perfectly logical refutations to all of those things. PM me or another mod if you have concerns with this, because it doesn't belong in this topic, "bro."

Anyway, I agree that it's a good interview and it's cool that he liked Axl's album.

My GNR-Educator point of view:

Cool interview, brosef.

:thumbsup:

I hear that,Broham. I continue to think (as would most rational folks) that there is no conspiracy involved when Slash speaks about Axl. I don't think he is doing it to get publicity,etc. Slash just answers what is asked of him in these interviews.

Yeah, I think the same way as you, he gets asked the question and he answers. Not a big deal IMO.

This is crazy...

Slash gets asked about Axl & Chinese, he says mostly nice things about them and what does the reporter say ?

"Well, you don't have to be that nice !"

"How can you keep your sense of humor about it ?"

Almost as if he's disappointed by the answers...

Jeesh.

Reverra-on un jour Slash et Axl partager une scène ensemble sous pavillon Guns’n’ Roses, par exemple pour un événement très spécial type Live Aid?

Slash: Rien ne laisse penser que ça puisse arriver. On ne sait jamais, mais je pense que ce n’est pas pour demain.

Si tous les membres du groupe veulent que ça se passe et en parlent sérieusement, alors OK, mais nous n’avons fait aucun pas dans cette direction.

Will we ever see Slash and Axl sharing the stage as Guns N Roses, for example in a special event like Live Aid?

Slash: "Nothing makes me think it can happen. We never know, but I think that ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

If all the members of the band want that to happen and we seriously talk about it, then OK but we didn't make a step towards that direction"

What part of "one of us will die" he didn't understand? LOL

Yeah I think Slash has an agenda: he should stop creating expectation about a reunion after what Axl said in that interview. Believe what you want, but what I read between the lines is that he tries to look cool and make Axl look bad by suggesting he's open to a reunion while Axl isn't, so then Axl would be the one to blame... Slash could be honest and state something like "I'll never share a stage again with that motherf*cker who called me a cancer" but ain't gonna happen because honesty is not included in his list... I agree with the people saying he tries to look cool and talk about Axl to sell his records, shame on him

if the interviewer in the vid was disappointed by slash's reply maybe that's because he was expecting a honest reply, which will never happen IMO

Guest gunns5
Reverra-on un jour Slash et Axl partager une scène ensemble sous pavillon Guns’n’ Roses, par exemple pour un événement très spécial type Live Aid?

Slash: Rien ne laisse penser que ça puisse arriver. On ne sait jamais, mais je pense que ce n’est pas pour demain.

Si tous les membres du groupe veulent que ça se passe et en parlent sérieusement, alors OK, mais nous n’avons fait aucun pas dans cette direction.

Will we ever see Slash and Axl sharing the stage as Guns N Roses, for example in a special event like Live Aid?

Slash: "Nothing makes me think it can happen. We never know, but I think that ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

If all the members of the band want that to happen and we seriously talk about it, then OK but we didn't make a step towards that direction"

Yeah I think Slash has an agenda: he should stop creating expectation about a reunion after what Axl said in that interview. Believe what you want, but what I read between the lines is that he tries to look cool and make Axl look bad by suggesting he's open to a reunion while Axl isn't, so then Axl would be the one to blame... Slash could be honest and state something like "I'll never share a stage again with that motherf*cker who called me a cancer" but ain't gonna happen because honesty is not included in his list... I agree with the people saying he tries to look cool and talk about Axl to sell his records, shame on him

if the interviewer in the vid was disappointed by slash's reply maybe that's because he was expecting a honest reply, which will never happen IMO

Couldnt have put it better myself,

There can only be 1 innocent person portrayed to the media in a rivalry such as Cash (slash) and Axl, and for him to come out on top, he must do everything he can to look like its all Axls fault.

Basically, the reason why he always mentions this in these interviews, is in my Sig (read below).

Your head should be on your shoulders, not up Axl's ass.

Why would Slash need to mention Axl to sell his record? Axl's not on the album, so it doesn't have anything to do with it. What makes you think Slash is lying? Because Axl called him a liar? Seriously, take of the Axl vision goggles. You'll see more clearly without them.

Edited by FuddMckagan

Your head should be on your shoulders, not up Axl's ass.

Why would Slash need to mention Axl to sell his record? Axl's not on the album, so it doesn't have anything to do with it. What makes you think Slash is lying? Because Axl called him a liar? Seriously, take of the Axl vision goggles. You'll see more clearly without them.

Because he gets attention by talking about Axl. Why do you think the reporters ask him about Axl all the time? And why do you think Slash doesn't refuse to talk about Axl? Because with Slash talking about Axl the article will get more attention than Slash talking about his new album. The reporters and Slash know this.

It's my opinion, you don't need to bash me because my opinion differs from yours... :rolleyes:

Edited by PirateChick

Because he gets attention by talking about Axl. Why do you think the reporters ask him about Axl all the time? And why do you think Slash doesn't refuse to talk about Axl? Because with Slash talking about Axl the article will get more attention than Slash talking about his new album. The reporters and Slash know this.

It's my opinion, you don't need to bash me because my opinion differs from yours... :rolleyes:

Well if you're gonna do it that way, you could say the same about Axl. When Axl was interviewed, what did he talk about the most? It wasn't the album, or even the new band. It was Slash. He knows that talking about Slash will get attention, therefore he does it. I know you'll probably say, "He was just getting it off his chest, he wanted to let the public know about how bad Slash is", but that obviously wasn't the reason he did it. Talking about Slash was promotion for ChiDem. It was really the only promotion that he did for it as well.

And I wasn't bashing you, I was just saying that maybe you should be a little more open minded.

Guest gunns5

Well if you're gonna do it that way, you could say the same about Axl. When Axl was interviewed, what did he talk about the most? It wasn't the album, or even the new band. It was Slash. He knows that talking about Slash will get attention, therefore he does it. I know you'll probably say, "He was just getting it off his chest, he wanted to let the public know about how bad Slash is", but that obviously wasn't the reason he did it. Talking about Slash was promotion for ChiDem. It was really the only promotion that he did for it as well.

And I wasn't bashing you, I was just saying that maybe you should be a little more open minded.

LOL you honestly believe Axl talked about slash just to promote chinese democracy?

yeah, he was so big to promote chinese democracy , promotion meant so much to Axl, I saw him on Ellen, Leno, Letterman, Oprah , everything! :rolleyes:

NOT

If you read back over the interview with Axl, you can see he was here to answer the fans questions , every second question was about the old gnr , so he answered it. And he hasnt talked about it since, unlike Slash who mentions Axl in every single interview for his upcoming album..

Axl lets his music do the talking =no promotion

Slash has to use his ex bandmates name and go on every talk show there is (and in this case, every interview) = media whore.

Edited by gunns5

You bet your ass he has an agenda. His agenda is to get his band back together. I think he is starting to realize after all of these years that GnR was a once in a lifetime oppertunity and he regrets letting it go. Slash still has a lot of love for Axl despite all the venom coming from Axl. He doesn't have to try to make Axl look bad. Axl does that everytime he opens his own mouth.