Slash discusses Axl and "Chinese Democracy"

Estranged Reality

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting interview. Slash seems to be nostalgic about Axl and Gn'R these days.

Nostalgic? Almost everybody is nostalgic about the past. That doesn't mean Slash wants to be in a band with Axl again.

The lyrics to Crucify The Dead are quite explicit...

Edited by axlfan88

Interesting interview. Slash seems to be nostalgic about Axl and Gn'R these days.

Nostalgic? Almost everybody is nostalgic about the past. That doesn't mean Slash wants to be in a band with Axl again.

The lyrics to Crucify The Dead are quite explicit...

What the hell? you're right, that doesn't mean that. Where in my post does it say Slash wants to be in a band with Axl again? you're like a soldier in Slash's army or something.

Not only you've defended what Slash wants, but also defended his right to be nostalgic! what a fan :crazy:

Because he gets attention by talking about Axl. Why do you think the reporters ask him about Axl all the time?

Reporters ask him about Axl - and, more specifically, Guns N' Roses - because that's the band that he sold millions upon millions of records with. It's pretty basic common sense that people are going to be interested in the band that he had the most success with. Slash will get questions about GN'R until he dies, and it doesn't have as much to do with exploiting Axl for personal benefit as it does with basic logic: journalists ask questions about stuff that they know will interest listeners/readers more - because that's how they gain an audience. Besides, the interview is twenty minutes long and covers his entire career, and he talks about Axl for what...a minute?

And why do you think Slash doesn't refuse to talk about Axl?

Because, generally speaking, celebrities who put clauses in their contracts not to speak about certain things come across as assholes, and they know they're going to get the questions anyway, so it's not worth it. It backfired on Axl back in the '90s when he tried to force writers to sign papers giving him control over what they published - Axl always complains about the media having a bias against him, but that certainly didn't do him any favours. When you specifically try to censor something, it only creates more drama and will give journalists an incentive to hold it against you. If Slash said no to any questions about GN'R, he'd come off looking like an ass - and then everybody would be claiming he's a jerk for not talking about Axl, and people would say he's insulting Axl by refusing to acknowledge him. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

, who refused to acknowledge/discuss what he was most famous for, and we all know how that went.
Because with Slash talking about Axl the article will get more attention than Slash talking about his new album.

It's not really talking about Axl that gets attention...Axl isn't exactly setting the media ablaze, in case you didn't notice. GN'R in general is what interests people, and particularly the union of Axl and Slash, because of how famous they were together. Neither of them have achieved that level of success on their own since, and they were something of a cultural icon in their era, so it's only common sense that there's going to be interest there.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Because he gets attention by talking about Axl. Why do you think the reporters ask him about Axl all the time? And why do you think Slash doesn't refuse to talk about Axl? Because with Slash talking about Axl the article will get more attention than Slash talking about his new album. The reporters and Slash know this.

It's my opinion, you don't need to bash me because my opinion differs from yours... :rolleyes:

Well if you're gonna do it that way, you could say the same about Axl. When Axl was interviewed, what did he talk about the most? It wasn't the album, or even the new band. It was Slash. He knows that talking about Slash will get attention, therefore he does it. I know you'll probably say, "He was just getting it off his chest, he wanted to let the public know about how bad Slash is", but that obviously wasn't the reason he did it. Talking about Slash was promotion for ChiDem. It was really the only promotion that he did for it as well.

And I wasn't bashing you, I was just saying that maybe you should be a little more open minded.

IMO he talked about slash because everybody wanted to hear Axl's side of the story, and that's what he did in these interviews. (Remember Slash has been blaming him as being the responsible of the break up for YEARS) And Axl also wanted to make clear that a reunion ain't gonna happen. He was honest, and the comments in the forums after these interviews were "grow up and move on" LOL @ how some people underrate honesty...

It's not really talking about Axl that gets attention...Axl isn't exactly setting the media ablaze, in case you didn't notice. GN'R in general is what interests people, and particularly the union of Axl and Slash, because of how famous they were together. Neither of them have achieved that level of success on their own since, and they were something of a cultural icon in their era, so it's only common sense that there's going to be interest there.

Anyway the fact is Slash gets more attention talking about Axl and GNR than he would get talking about his work. Which means he will keep talking about Axl in every goddamn interview and we'll get more threads like this :tongue2:

This post is scary. I hope you are not as paranoid as you come across here.

That's not being paranoid, that's knowing some people think something and say the opposite to get something. Haven't you ever met a two faced person? The world is full of them!

Anyway that's only my opinion, I'm not saying it's the universal truth...

As I read this, I heard the theme from the Twighlight Zone ring in my head.

LOL

Will we ever see Slash and Axl sharing the stage as Guns N Roses, for example in a special event like Live Aid?

Slash: "Nothing makes me think it can happen. We never know, but I think that ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

If all the members of the band want that to happen and we seriously talk about it, then OK but we didn't make a step towards that direction"

What part of "one of us will die" he didn't understand? LOL

Yeah I think Slash has an agenda: he should stop creating expectation about a reunion after what Axl said in that interview.

You do seem paranoid. Inferiority complex or mood disorder?

Guest gunns5

so her pointing out the truth makes you pissed? so you have to attack her personally?

truth is the truth hurts dont you agree?

I guess people that say stuff like that just think they're protecting and defending Axl against Slash and his 'motives', but they're not really doing that at all.

You don't need to psychologically analyse each word they both say, this isn't a movie with an already planned out conclusion, they're human beings who change and grow each day, and I think they have the ability to comprehend that the other might say things they feel at a certain time while they're in a certain mood, which often means very little.

I love how people fight ALL Axl and Slash battles at any time one of them mentions the other, with the same cancer line or 'one of us dead' thing.

That is all you have to fucking go by. How many of you pull a random line outta your ass that someone said in an argument with you years ago, or even a month ago, EVERY time you argue with them? the fuck?

Edited by chaos

so her pointing out the truth makes you pissed? so you have to attack her personally?

She herself said it wasn't universal truth.

There are several things that make me believe slash is a liar. he denied having gone to Axl's house which finally turned out to be true, people made objections to what he said in his book (basically saying slash has lied in some parts), and I find really weird that he can keep talking about someone who called him a cancer and be cool with it, that makes me think of a commercial purpose... again it's my opinion, only the parties involved know the truth.. we can only speculate

I guess people that say stuff like that just think they're protecting and defending Axl against Slash and his 'motives', but they're not really doing that at all.

It's only a debate and no, I don't think Axl needs people to defend him (and if someone thinks he does, take a look @ my avatar)

I love how people fight ALL Axl and Slash battles at any time one of them mentions the other, with the same cancer line or 'one of us dead' thing.

and I find really weird that he can keep talking about someone who called him a cancer and be cool with it,

omgee.

Yes, the Slash going to Axl's house he did contradict himself. I just don't think him taking the high road is for commercial puposes as you suggest. However, you may be onto something here. I didn't purchase Chinese Democracy because of Axl's posts about Slash.

I thought I was the only one that would not purchase CD for that reason. Damn I am really sitting here doing the face palm thing!

Will we ever see Slash and Axl sharing the stage as Guns N Roses, for example in a special event like Live Aid?

Slash: "Nothing makes me think it can happen. We never know, but I think that ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

If all the members of the band want that to happen and we seriously talk about it, then OK but we didn't make a step towards that direction"

What part of "one of us will die" he didn't understand? LOL

Yeah I think Slash has an agenda: he should stop creating expectation about a reunion after what Axl said in that interview.

You do seem paranoid. Inferiority complex or mood disorder?

Both...

She herself said it wasn't universal truth.

There are several things that make me believe slash is a liar. he denied having gone to Axl's house which finally turned out to be true, people made objections to what he said in his book (basically saying slash has lied in some parts), and I find really weird that he can keep talking about someone who called him a cancer and be cool with it, that makes me think of a commercial purpose... again it's my opinion, only the parties involved know the truth.. we can only speculate

It's only a debate and no, I don't think Axl needs people to defend him (and if someone thinks he does, take a look @ my avatar)

I am sure that Slash has been called a lot worse than cancer over the course of his life. As I said earlier, I think Slash is making a run at getting GnR back together. To do this he will have to eat a certain amount of shit from Axl, i.e. the Cancer remark.

The cancer remark show how classless that Axl really is. Slash's mom had just died of cancer and Axl uses that term to describe Slash. Definitely a low blow even for someone of Axl's ilk.

The cancer remark show how classless that Axl really is. Slash's mom had just died of cancer and Axl uses that term to describe Slash. Definitely a low blow even for someone of Axl's ilk.

Axl's Cancer comment was in February 2009. Ola Hudson died (suddenly) 4 months later.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Axl's Cancer comment was in February 2009. Ola Hudson died (suddenly) 4 months later.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

It begins.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Either way, I am sure that Axl knew Ola's situation and planned for his words to maximize the pain for Slash. No class!!

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Either way, I am sure that Axl knew Ola's situation and planned for his words to maximize the pain for Slash. No class!!

Slash, her own son, didn't even know about it until a month before she died so there is no way Axl would have known about it. Stop trying to spread shit, you sound like a sad individual.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Slash, her own son, didn't even know about it until a month before she died so there is no way Axl would have known about it. Stop trying to spread shit, you sound like a sad individual.

Excuse the fuck out of me. Sorry that I don't have every little detail of Slash and Axl's lives memorized. I assumed that it was common knowledge that Slash's mom had cancer and that word would spread quickly because LA in some ways is just like a gossipy small town. You sound as classless as your boy Axl.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Excuse the fuck out of me. Sorry that I don't have every little detail of Slash and Axl's lives memorized. I assumed that it was common knowledge that Slash's mom had cancer and that word would spread quickly because LA in some ways is just like a gossipy small town. You sound as classless as your boy Axl.

So if you don't know something keep your mouth closed. It's better than looking dumb.

Yeah,I'll knock off a phrase that isn't an insult while blatant "fuck you's" and things that are actually against Forum rules stay :thumbsup: Please show me where that phrase is considered an insult or against forum rules?

Yeah,it's really trolling, ya got me there :rolleyes: I offer constructive opinions not smiley faced posts.I don't post in threads to shit on them. My opinion may differ with popular sentiment in threads but that isn't trolling, Bro.

There are perfectly logical refutations to all of those things. PM me or another mod if you have concerns with this, because it doesn't belong in this topic, "bro."

Anyway, I agree that it's a good interview and it's cool that he liked Axl's album.

You mean GNR's album.