Roger Waters to do "THE WALL" tour!!

Zint

Wow, must have been very cool to watch from there. Just the 'hugeness' of it all.

It was stunning.And as I was just telling Becket..almost overwhelming.

It emerses you deep in the experience.

It's a different vantage point for sure,I'm looking forward to show 2 tonight,I'm in the stands and a bit further back.

Last night when all the fireworks were going off,I was lost in the "flash" of all that and completely missed the crashing plane.

I didn't even know about it until I saw a youtube clip. :lol:

I'll tell you what was powerful...mighty powerful,from that vantage point.

The victims of war images on the wall during intermission.

Those images and stories about the deceased were ALL sent in by loved ones.

Those were all personal submissions.

Rather than using intermission to transform myself into a two beer fisted drunken asshole who didn't REALLY care that he was there anymore **cough**..I took the time to look at the pictures of these people who lost their lives,from WW1 to 9/11 and beyond.The synopsis stories of their lives were quite intriguing.It was poignant and I think Roger achieved what he set out to do in that regard.

Last night was a remarkable experience,I rank it among the best I've ever seen.

It's funny, where we were sitting the plane flew in front of us. We had noticed it before the concert and commented that we never noticed that in ACC before and didn't connect it to the show. And then it flew and we thought 'ah, of course'. It was interesting siitting further back to kind of see it overall. So I suspect there are benefits to any vantage point. Looking forward to your comparison after tonight's show.

I agree with the war images. It kind of makes you silent just taking it in.

Damn, no encore. That sucks.

Not really...would have been anticlimatic.

I agree. We heard comments about no encore, and I said 'what would they do?'

Edited by Orsys

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, must have been very cool to watch from there. Just the 'hugeness' of it all.

It was stunning.And as I was just telling Becket..almost overwhelming.

It emerses you deep in the experience.

It's a different vantage point for sure,I'm looking forward to show 2 tonight,I'm in the stands and a bit further back.

Last night when all the fireworks were going off,I was lost in the "flash" of all that and completely missed the crashing plane.

I didn't even know about it until I saw a youtube clip. :lol:

I think you will really enjoy it further back. I wish I was able to afford to go twice. One up near the front and then the other show from where I was sitting. But when you told me that my seats in sec. 104 were great seats, you were right. Further back you get the whole effect. I saw the plane before the show started so when I got video of In The Flesh I was ready for it. Got some good footage.

I wouldn't be surprised if GNR found a way to make it to one of the shows. Might be an expensive plane ride to get there, but one of the drawbacks of being on tour is missing out on other concerts going on, and at the same time, trying to go there without drawing attention to yourself, only way to do that is get a box and be removed from the audience.

Night Two...a few changes.

They dropped the black hoodies.

Roger nor the band wore them....they kept the shades though.

Before the show started there was a black half mannequin on the stage.

Eventually it would hold a long black leather trenchcoat...this is what Roger was now wearing.

Looks FAR more sinister!

Although,in general,I thought the black hoodies gave them a look of foreboding mystery.

I know there were a lot of complaints that the band seemed disconnected,lacking soul. (duh...that was the intention)

Perhaps they decided to "personalize" the band a bit more by losing the sensation of seperation by dropping the hoodies. (?)

Mother continues to be the jinxed song.

Rogers mic was live from the get go,no problem there...but his guitar had a brief cut out..just for a second.

The big surprise was the inflatable Mother...she didn't light up...something was wrong.

The other glitch of the night was Roger's trumpet at the end...he couldn't play it.As Roger himself said "I wanted to play the trumpet for you but the fucking valves stuck..sorry".

I was further back on the left side.I must say some of the visuals took on a whole new life back there...such as The Earl's Court 1980 footage..WOW!

And I was able to take advantage of the full surround sound...so much of that was lost closer to the front.

The full sound experience was awesome.

Once again,the audio was impeccable...both nights I didn't find it necessary to use ear plugs...smooth going all the way.

I noticed confetti at the end of the show,didn't see that opening night near the front...was there confetti opening night??

I'd say the first half of the show was cooler further back,intermission at the front (couldn't read the deceased bios further back)..second half closer to the front...by a HUGE mile!!!!!

It's all good though...fucking amazing.

Crowd wasn't as powerful as Wed night...in the stands they sat most of the time.But by the end the place did have that thunderous roar going on...just seemed a bit more intense opening night.

Oh and...shopping cart man had a new sign "KEEP TAKING THOSE TABLETS". :lol:

Oh and...shopping cart man had a new sign "KEEP TAKING THOSE TABLETS". :lol:

Haha, love shopping cart man.

Yes, lots of confetti the first night. Reminded me of the GnR show a bit. It was red.

Interesting to hear the different perspective. Thanks.

Some of my pics from Wed. night.

What kind of camera did you use to take these pictures?

The second two was a Samsung camera. The other ones are from my brothers camara. Not sure what kind of camera he has.

What type of Samsung camera exactly, because those are excellent high res pictures. I have been looking for a camera that could take pictures like that at a concert.

Some of my pics from Wed. night.

What kind of camera did you use to take these pictures?

The second two was a Samsung camera. The other ones are from my brothers camara. Not sure what kind of camera he has.

What type of Samsung camera exactly, because those are excellent high res pictures. I have been looking for a camera that could take pictures like that at a concert.

S860

http://www.samsungimaging.com/learn/digital-camera-camcorder/productDetailView.do?prdCtgSeq=11&langPrdSeq=4099

It's not bad but pics kinda suck when I zoom in. I probably need to put it on a better setting.

Gerald Scarfe's book on The Wall should be on sale during the tour, it's supposed to be out this month.

Release date has been set for Sep. 15 (opening day of the tour).

I preorderd it months ago...Amazon has a good preorder price on it.

The book arrived today...I'm checking it out while sitting here coughing my lungs out.

Looks pretty good...recommendable.

It's not really registering with me at the moment...I'm...yes...comfortably numb. :heart:

Great pics Becket!

So I missed the Saturday night show...came down with bronchitis and I'm feeling pretty fucking sick. :shrugs:

Thanks. That sucks you missed the Sat. show. At least you got to see both the other two. Hope you feel better soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...