Roger Waters to do "THE WALL" tour!!

Zint

I'm watching my "Roger Waters: In the Flesh-Live" DVD right now and even without a huge production it's pretty damn amazing. Definitely close enough to the real thing for me to feel comfortable crossing off Pink Floyd in the list of bands to see before they (or I) die.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching my "Roger Waters: In the Flesh-Live" DVD right now and even without a huge production it's pretty damn amazing. Definitely close enough to the real thing for me to feel comfortable crossing off Pink Floyd in the list of bands to see before they (or I) die.

You know...I saw Rogerless Floyd a few times (including Knebworth '90)...and to me,Roger's solo gigs felt more like Floyd.

Got up this morning,checked my email...discovered I'd won a coveted spot through the Roger Waters website to get presales for the Thursday night show!

So I'm in for both nights in Toronto! B)

I've decided that I can't miss this. We're going to fork out the cash and go for the best seats. I just hope we're able to get tickets. Must say that I am a little pissed off that they are selling tickets this far in advance. The Vancouver show isn't even till December. Oh well, it's the fucking Wall we're talking about.

Edited by ITW 2012

I watched the Roger Waters interview on Jimmy Fallon.

Fallon blew a rare opportunity...but Roger did admit to nicking concepts that were happening on the U.S. West Coast in the 60's and "getting lucky" with it.

Now where's that thread where someone here refused to accept that notion :book:

As far as the "Roger IS Pink Floyd" discussion. I believe that for PF to be PF Roger needed Dave, Rick, and Nick, and Dave, Rick, and Nick needed Roger. You can tell in Roger's solo albums that he really lacks in the music department and you can tell in the newest PF albums that the lyrics and concepts are lacking.

I got tickets by the way. I will be in Section 15, Row F, Seats 14-15. Too bad is like 7 months away. I am truly looking forward to it, it should be one to remember.

As far as the "Roger IS Pink Floyd" discussion. I believe that for PF to be PF Roger needed Dave, Rick, and Nick, and Dave, Rick, and Nick needed Roger. You can tell in Roger's solo albums that he really lacks in the music department and you can tell in the newest PF albums that the lyrics and concepts are lacking.

I got tickets by the way. I will be in Section 15, Row F, Seats 14-15. Too bad is like 7 months away. I am truly looking forward to it, it should be one to remember.

I remember the first Floyd show I saw...it was the first tour without Roger.

Before the show,two guys walked around on the floor with this huge banner they made on a bedsheet,it read FUCK ROGER WATERS.

It was like.. :lol: whhhhhat??!!

They made total asses of themselves,it did NOT go over well.

I really hope he doesn't have those back up singers for this.

He's gonna need a few for some "The Wall" material...

I mean those that he used on the "In the Flesh" (2000) tour to help him hit the high notes. I just didn't like that very much.

There is a new video interview up on the AOL website with Roger Waters. It has him discussing the new Wall show and some of the technology behind the new stage show. In the original showing of The Wall, there were three projectors projecting the same image onto the Wall across the arena. This time there will be one solid image projected the whole way across.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/roger-waters-the-wall-tour-interview/4284072123

Absolutely...backing vocals are all over the wall.

On page two of this thread there's a link to hear the backing vocalists singing with David Crosby.

They go by the name Venice...several examples of them on Youtube...they are really quite good.

Absolutely...backing vocals are all over the wall.

On page two of this thread there's a link to hear the backing vocalists singing with David Crosby.

They go by the name Venice...several examples of them on Youtube...they are really quite good.

I guess you are right,