Official Bergen, Norway may 31'st thread

-Sephiroth-

I really hope Axl doesn't come on late at Reading, it wont end well for anyone involved. I remember back in 2008 when Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold pulled out, they were both on the same day and Mindless Self Indulgence seemed to get lumbered with filling in the slot and the amount of shit that got thrown both physical and verbal was insane. We know Axl stops songs if anything hits him, he will be doing that almost every other song if he turns up late, lets not forget that most of the music world is against him and the new band so some stuff will probably be thrown regardless.

Anywho, back on topic, awesome to have these guys back again and I'm glad This I Love seems to be getting more action live. Bring on the youtube videos.

this has been worrying me for a while, from reading the reading festival forum it seems that the haters aint gonna bother watching gn'r which is good. Ive seen a few nobs saying they cant wait too throw shit at axl but i think thats probabl just all talk. Seriously though, they almost definately will have to come on stage on time..so i definately agree with u plonker.

quite nervous to tell the truth

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights show must have had some issues because there are currently some negative reviews -mostly about Axl- from those in attendance on HTGTH of all places (although I am sure they will be removed) and the local paper gave it a somewhat poor review and was not very complimentary towards Axl. Seems like a pretty standard GNR show based on the setlist and start time, why are some people down on the show?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=auto&tl=en

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Instrumental Jam*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Rocket Queen

axl slams the mic-stand in the floor in a true rock spirit. the band is delivering and the sound is right! :xmasssanta:

That's some Chinese Democracy promotion there :D

Wanker. You forgot to quote the whole setlist in which 6 CD songs were played. 6, as in 1 more than $lash is playing off his piece of shit album.

Go back to Former Gunners.

*Your Insults* :xmassrudolph:

Welcome to the Jungle used to be the opening GN'R song. Now it's Chinese Democracy.

Why follow an opening song with another opening song?

On a Chinese Democracy tour, why follow an opening song with 4 songs from AFD, and 1 song from UYI.

To end in a high note, it's back to AFD with Paradise City :D

I think Irving Azoff might have been onto something.

For a really good take on Paradise City, check out Slash's current tour. That's how it should sound.

If you like your vocalist to sound like a dying bird, you're absolutely right.

if there is discussions about throwing shit to axl already at reading

I cant wait to see how will it all end..

probably with a mic smashed on the floor that some will believe it was a gunshot or a bomb =)

anyways I hope eveything will turn out just fine with some high quality footage in our hands

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I’ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

This is the post I was talking about. Did anyone there notice Bumble looking particularly agitated at all during the night?

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I’ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

This is the post I was talking about. Did anyone there notice Bumble looking particularly agitated at all during the night?

damn this is not good news, i would never think ron would get mad at axl

fist show of the tour, after a good sized break, not a bad set list imo, a little short but so was the 1st show of the south american.

Axl obviously had issues getting there and this may have influenced his / the bands performance.

Lets see what oslo / helsinki are like before getting negative people. AXL is 48 years old, 8 weeks off, he's gunna lose condition etc...

I think the reviews are rather fair so far, given the ridiculous delay and the fact that it was the first show in a while!

i'll give you my opinion when i get back from helsinki.

damn this is not good news, i would never think ron would get mad at axl

You are kidding. Very funny! Ron is a great guy who really wants to connect with his fans and make sure they are happy, even playing acoustic gigs with them when shows are cancelled and going OUT OF HIS WAY to connect with fans all the time. Axl is, well, the complete opposite. I would be very surprised if Ron doesn't hate it when the band lets the fans down, and especially when it all comes down to one man, Axl Rose, I find it hard to not believe there must be some friction and resentment between them.

Here's a translation I recently did and put on AFD (http://gunsnroses.lefora.com/2010/05/31/may-31-2010-bergen-norway/#post5):

The concert organiser, Frank Nes from Bergen Live, apologises that the concert started two hours late, but blames everything on Axl Rose.

- It's well known that Guns N' Roses starts their concerts late so nobody should be surprised. (...) Still, it is sad when one man can make everyone wait.

- Everybody (else) [in the band] was ready to go on as scheduled. And I know Axl Rose could have if he wanted. But there's not much Bergen Live can do, although we tried to hasten the process. Of course we could have cancelled the show, but then the consequences would have been even greater.

He points out that the start time (9 pm) was set by management in Los Angeles a long time ago. They confirmed this starting time again just a few days ago.

- Of course we plan after this. Now we get lots of extra costs. Buses were hired to a set time. They had to wait for hours. We needed to employ many hundred people on over time. There is a lot of extra work.

- Guns N' Roses is not a profitable project for Bergen Live. So it is annoying when we get lots of extra work for nothing. Some concerts we earn money from, other we don't.

- We can stop inviting this type of artists. Fortunately, there are almost none of them left, those that don't give a shit and are unable to accept information.

Full text here:

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5140070.ece

Two reviews, I can't translate, found em on HTGTH, both gave 4/6 apparently,

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5139608.ece

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Pyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Dette-er-Axls-budskap-1094723.html

Also, if paying overtime on a couple of buses is the difference between profitable and unprofitable on a show that looks like it was pretty packed, someone didn't crunch the numbers right. And any promoter should be factoring in late starts...

The crowd i Bergen was awfull.. Nothing compared to the crowd in Oslo in 2006, but that could be because there was less people here..

Bergenlive, the company behind bringing them to bergen said they will never work with Axl again, they lost a shitload of money on him, and this show.

The show all together was a bit dissapointing to me. Everyone on stage was awesome, gave it theyre best, i just liked the oslo shows better, cant put my finger on why.

They left out the songs i really wanted to hear on the setlist, but thats no shocker to me, cause it was the first show of the tour.

I am never going to wait in que this long for any show again, 8 hours from i got there till they started to play, im getting old, i was worn out standing there. was standing all the way up front, in the middle, with the fence.

I waited longer in oslo '06, that still tasted better..

Nothing special happened this time around for me, nothing mindblowing and exitig, feel like i have seen it all now. Ive been a fan for so long, seen so many dvds, so many liveshows, read so much on this forum, its just all getting boring, and its sad, i hate it..

Beta took a walk between the stage and the crowd during the show, she saw i recognized here, i smiled at here, she smiled at me, she came over and shook my hand, and i said "nice to meet you" she said it back. That was cool. Oh! and i got Bumble's pick. it says "GNR" with the logo, and "bumblefoot" on the other side

The crowd i Bergen was awfull.. Nothing compared to the crowd in Oslo in 2006, but that could be because there was less people here..

Bergenlive, the company behind bringing them to bergen said they will never work with Axl again, they lost a shitload of money on him, and this show.

The show all together was a bit dissapointing to me. Everyone on stage was awesome, gave it theyre best, i just liked the oslo shows better, cant put my finger on why.

They left out the songs i really wanted to hear on the setlist, but thats no shocker to me, cause it was the first show of the tour.

I am never going to wait in que this long for any show again, 8 hours from i got there till they started to play, im getting old, i was worn out standing there. was standing all the way up front, in the middle, with the fence.

Nothing special happened this time around for me, nothing mindblowing and exitig, feel like i have seen it all now. Ive been a fan for so long, seen so many dvds, so many liveshows, read so much on this forum, its just all getting boring, and its sad, i hate it..

Beta took a walk between the stage and the crowd during the show, she saw i recognized here, i smiled at here, she smiled at me, she came over and shook my hand, and i said "nice to meet you" she said it back. That was cool. Oh! and i got Bumble's pick. it says "GNR" with the logo, and "bumblefoot" on the other side

Thats cool that Beta remembered you and you got Rons pick. I hope the spark comes back to fuel up, you are a diehard fan. Maybe if it was another concert and another time.

Thats cool that Beta remembered you and you got Rons pick. I hope the spark comes back to fuel up, you are a diehard fan. Maybe if it was another concert and another time.

I Really hope so!

Okay. So this was crazy! Did you guys know that gnr rocks? :D

Glad you had a great time at the show. You seem to have set a new record. You spent there like 15 hours, didn't you? :)

Yeah.. From I came to the show started.. hmm.. 13 hours!

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Instrumental Jam*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Rocket Queen

axl slams the mic-stand in the floor in a true rock spirit. the band is delivering and the sound is right! :xmasssanta:

That's some Chinese Democracy promotion there :D

Wanker. You forgot to quote the whole setlist in which 6 CD songs were played. 6, as in 1 more than $lash is playing off his piece of shit album.

Go back to Former Gunners.

*Your Insults* :xmassrudolph:

Welcome to the Jungle used to be the opening GN'R song. Now it's Chinese Democracy.

Why follow an opening song with another opening song?

On a Chinese Democracy tour, why follow an opening song with 4 songs from AFD, and 1 song from UYI.

To end in a high note, it's back to AFD with Paradise City :D

I think Irving Azoff might have been onto something.

For a really good take on Paradise City, check out Slash's current tour. That's how it should sound.

if you check the last setlist update i made, you see that this is wrong, idiot. sorry and TIL was played before RQ.

azoff can suck my ass. if he was onto something it it must have been crack or something.

I feel you. After Robin left I told my wife it was very likely I wouldn't buy a ticket if they came through Portland, OR again. Lost all integrity when they signed DJ. And now he's writing on the new record. Sigh. Axl I was with you until you lost Robin. Nobody wants to hear Axl A:M.

Were it not for Slash's songs, the place would be half empty as would the setlist. Quit bashing Slash, Axl isn't gonna see your posts and bring you backstage.

And Slash is not going to see your post and circle jerk you backstage. If you can't handle the internet, maybe there's a padded room in your neighborhood you should try to rent.

Were it not for Slash's songs, the place would be half empty as would the setlist. Quit bashing Slash, Axl isn't gonna see your posts and bring you backstage.

And Slash is not going to see your post and circle jerk you backstage. If you can't handle the internet, maybe there's a padded room in your neighborhood you should try to rent.

Burn!