Axl is in New York again....

tat2d1

"And when we do drop the record, the plan is to drop the record .. have a bunch of extra tracks .. about a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record .. this is a three stage thing, we'll be touring for a reaaaaaal loooooong time..."

I wonder if they are still planning on touring for at least two years?

Edited by John Bonham

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's from 2002, mine was 2008, plans may well have changed over time. Needless to say I hope your quote is the one that is backed up with an actual album.

Thats true Plonker, but what i meant was that it clearly wasn't just someone else's idea, Axl himself said it that it was a multi-year thing, although things may have changed over time sure.

Bonham, they are touring at the moment, but if the 2002 quote is still in action, then this further strengthens the notion that we may get an album this year. Put out the album while on tour, tour the album. The whole idea is still crazy to me, as we did just get chidem not long ago, but i want new music so if it means ditching Chidem(which didn't even get the proper promo it deserved), then so be it!

That's from 2002, mine was 2008, plans may well have changed over time. Needless to say I hope your quote is the one that is backed up with an actual album.

Thats true Plonker, but what i meant was that it clearly wasn't just someone else's idea, Axl himself said it that it was a multi-year thing, although things may have changed over time sure.

Haha yeah I noticed that, was hoping you would just ignore my little brain fart and not show me up :rolleyes:

Maybe Axl was just referring to the 08, 10, 12 structure people keep talking about. Half of that 2002 quote has come true though, they have been touring for a long, long time.

why haven't they played any of the 'new album' tracks on tour?

Not sure, maybe waiting til the album is closer to being out. I doubt we would have heard Better, IRS and TWAT back in 2006-07 if they had not leaked before hand so im guessing they are waiting.

Haha yeah I noticed that, was hoping you would just ignore my little brain fart and not show me up :rolleyes:

Maybe Axl was just referring to the 08, 10, 12 structure people keep talking about. Half of that 2002 quote has come true though, they have been touring for a long, long time.

;)

Heres hoping the other half of the quote comes true. One thing is for sure, something definitely happened during 2002 that postponed the album for another 6 years... amazing when you think about it.

There's songs we're still shuffling around, I mean we recorded about two and a half, three albums worth of material. So, there's still stuff that's gonna bounce between one and two.

... from the horse's mouth (Axl on Eddie Trunk, 2006)

:)

"And when we do drop the record, the plan is to drop the record .. have a bunch of extra tracks .. about a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record .. this is a three stage thing, we'll be touring for a reaaaaaal loooooong time..."

If the plan is to tour for 2 years something would have to go down inbetween the tour to keep it fresh. I mean they have done Asia, Canada and South America, with Europe, US and Australia left to go, but that could be dusted in 6-8 months, still leaving another year of touring. Maybe they will drop the album after the US tour? Just a guess.

If the plan is to tour for 2 years something would have to go down inbetween the tour to keep it fresh. I mean they have done Asia, Canada and South America, with Europe, US and Australia left to go, but that could be dusted in 6-8 months, still leaving another year of touring. Maybe they will drop the album after the US tour? Just a guess.

I think they''ll drop it before starting a US tour. Maybe even put out a video and get some excitement going. Axl and the band kicked some ass at the shows I went to in Toronto and Montreal but the new band seems a tougher sell in the US. I wish Canada could adopt them or trade Nickelback for them.

Edited by ITW 2012

I've been thinkin about somthing.

we've got the europe tour starting in june, and lasting to the end of august (Just guessing on most of the dates here!!). lets say they then tour the us from august to like the middle of october, and then an oceanian tour. to middle november.

if it really is like fortus said, that the tour will last for two years, it would be perfect to release the album in november after a whole world tour, and then in december start all over again, touring the world with the new album for another year!

just a thought! what do you guys thing? :xmassrudolph:

if it really is like fortus said, that the tour will last for two years, it would be perfect to release the album in november after a whole world tour, and then in december start all over again, touring the world with the new album for another year!

That sounds awesome.

Guys...new Guns albums don't get released during tours that are supporting older albums. The Use Your Illusion tour started in May 1991 and the and the albums dropped that September. Releasing a brand new record this fall during the CD tour isn't going to happen imo. It just seems ridiculous.

I'd say that once this tour wraps up MAYBE they go back to the studio...but who knows. Axl takes his time on things like this. All I know is there won't be a brand new album in the middle of this tour.

That sounds awesome.

Maybe...

All I know is there won't be a brand new album in the middle of this tour.

You don't "know" that.

And since when have Guns done anything in a traditional way.

The tour poster for Europe doesn't say Chinese Democracy Tour BTW

I "know" that it's never happened in the bands history. That much I DO know. If there were a new record around the corner, we'd be hearing new songs. That's the way they've always done it.

I "know" that it's never happened in the bands history. That much I DO know. If there were a new record around the corner, we'd be hearing new songs. That's the way they've always done it.

Sorry, but that's not a logical argument.

And that's not a logical reply.

I'm just showing you that it's unprecedented in the band/Axl's history. Could Axl do a 180 and pull something out of his ass? Sure, I mean there's nothing stopping him. But given his track record, it's highly doubtful. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd like to see it.

Edited by Nintari

Sorry, but that's not a logical argument.

And that's not a logical reply.

I'm just showing you that it's unprecedented in the band/Axl's history. Could Axl do a 180 and pull something out of his ass? Sure, I mean there's nothing stopping him. But given his track record, it's highly doubtful. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise, I'd like to see it.

Axl said "tour, launch a new album, tour, launch a new album".

As I didn't see "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" on the Europe Tour poster I suppose it's finished. C'mon, it was on time, the toured the whole fucking world!

Please please please be in New York for a new album!

Imagine if we do actually hear new material this year...

We've been down this road before and no where it usually ends. (pun intended)

Edited by Storm88000