Brandon Flowers Solo - Flamingo

misch

The Killers' Brandon Flowers announces solo album: 'Flamingo'

Brandon Flowers is stepping out on his own. As noted by Billboard, visitors to the Killers’ official website will currently find a neon sign flashing the frontman’s name under the headline “THE NEW SOLO ALBUM — FLAMINGO — COMING SOON.” Some spacey synths, sprightly bleeps, and a snatch of wordless falsetto loop on the soundtrack. And…that’s all we’ve got right now.

A rep for the Killers confirms to the Music Mix that Flowers has a solo album titled Flamingo on the way, but offers no further details at this time. When I spoke to Flowers last November, he dodged a question about the Killers’ studio plans: “We’re always trying to write songs. But right now we’ve got a month and a half of touring, South America and South Africa. That’s what’s on the brain.”

Brandon Flowers - Flamingo Snippet

I really liked 'Day & Age' and it seems that Brandon will continue this direction on his solo album. Anybody else excited about this record?

Edited by misch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best friends have The Killers as favorite band, and I know she and a lot of people are a bit dissapointed about it. Not about Brandon doing something solo, which is exciting, but about TK's future.. Does this mean it's the end for them as a band? I don't know, but things seems so dark in the TK world these days. Wonder how Flaingo's going to sound, looking forward to it.

Wonder how Flaingo's going to sound, looking forward to it.

Check out the snippet in my first post. I think it's pretty obvious that it will be in the tradition of 'Human' and 'Day & Age'. I'm expecting nothing less than the best Synth-Pop-Record of the 21st century.

Not about Brandon doing something solo, which is exciting, but about TK's future.. Does this mean it's the end for them as a band? I don't know, but things seems so dark in the TK world these days

They released 4 albums in 6 years and were on tour all the time. I think it's pretty normal that they need a break from each other. So, no, it's not so dark in the TK world as it seems. ;)

Mah, of course they need a break. I just have a feeling they will not go together again for a while. But what do I know, I'm not that into TK. But some of my friends are very, and from what I've understand aren't TK acting much like a band anymore. Whatever, time will show. Now, solo record!

Sooo looking forward to this. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see what he wears. :wub:

-Kickingthehabit

I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm really hoping he brings some good people on board for this to keep him from going over the top. I just worry that Brandon without a band could end up lacking restraint...

I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm really hoping he brings some good people on board for this to keep him from going over the top. I just worry that Brandon without a band could end up lacking restraint...

The instrumental on the website has me wet already, and with Flowers being so critical of his work, so determined to do something important, I think it'll be at least as good as any Killers album. I really hope he can hit the heights of Sam's Town, but it's a good bet we're going to get something a lot more flaming and flamboyant. It'll either be great or a complete disaster. All this kind of sucks in a way, because if this record is a success, The Killers will definitely break up..

EDIT: That jacket is spectacular. Brandon is the gayest straight man in the world. It's even funnier because he's a fucking Mormon :rofl-lol:

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

I like the sound of that! ^

I'd be crushed if this meant the end of the Killers, but in all honesty I think Brandon needs to do this. As said above, they've all been so active together the last six years they need a break. I've always maintained that Brandon is the crazy experimentalist of the group (No surprises, look at that song above) and the rest of the band is a "More traditional rock band." Day and Age is right below Sam's Town in my mind, its absolutely fantastic but you can see that its not as cohesive as there last two records (D&A is still more focused than many group's albums, but its nowhere near as tight as Sam's Town :wub:). They need a break, let Brandon do his crazy thing, and then come back in like two years with a record that is the son of Sam & Day and will blow us all away

No real surprise.

I hope it's not the end of The Killers. :no: I will miss Ronnie most of all. :cry:

Song preview sounds fantastic!

Sounds good, very addictive song!

The Killers Live at the Royal Albert Hall is one of the best concerts ever caught on film!

• 1 month later...
Guest Len B'stard

The Killers are fuckin crap..."Kurt Cobain made music not fun". Really, what fuckin Nirvana gigs did you go to then Brenda? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

This man has zero talent.

and you have a tiny penis.

Really? It could barely fit in your mom's mouth and your sister was having problems with it too.

But seriously, what has this dude ever achieved musically? He's insulted GNR and Nirvana without contributing jackshit to music. Sam's Town was literally a joke, and Day and Age was barely better.

Edited by Axl Knows