Would U Want 2 Meet Axl Rose?

Johnny Utah

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

Those were good times, huh?

I remember when you locked that thread about Axl being at the bar in Montreal.

Kind of dooshy, but whatever.

What a smartass post!

Yep I did, and you know why I locked this thread? Because I knew he wasn't going there that night. I wasn't told by the GN'R camp like someone wanted people to think but because I knew the owner of the

bar and he told me that there was nothing at his place that night.

We didn't knew that there was a party that night. We were invite

and told where to go 5 minutes before leaving. And when I say we, I mean everyone that was there that night.

I don't even understand why I take another 2 minutes of my life to explain this to you. There was other members of the forum there that night, I can actually remember of 5-6 of them.

Now, back on topic, this was discuss long enoug.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be too scared to even look at him.

So...I guess no ?

Same for Richard Fortus.

I don't know, they look a bit cold, even though they probably aren't.

Having a talk with BBF, now I wouldn't mind that.

It would be an awkward moment though, since the guy is my absolute hero...

I'd probably say something really stupid.

Talked with Dj..... I didn't know what to say. When I first met him, I was shocked, he appeared out of nowhere, he was in a rush, didn't have time to talk, so all I tried to do was to take a pictutre, but all I ahd with me was my cellphone, my camera was not with me. But I was shaking so much that I wasn't able to take a very good picture.

The second time I was calmer, we talked for a little moment :D

So you would rather keep the opinion you have attained via the internet and the media rather than actually find out for yourself by meeting the guy face to face?

What does this even mean? I do not get comments like this.

We have 20 years of behavior to draw from, do we not? Are you seriously suggesting he's really a great guy and the evil sinister press just makes up all this bad stuff? Do we not have countless no shows, storm offs, temper tantrums, immature comments, and general asshole behavior to draw from? Is that all just made up? Of course its not. Its all real world.

"The press" doesn't make him say the hurtful and juvenile things he does about people. "The press" doesn't make him no show on a building full of people and not give them any sort of reason why. "The press" doesn't make him unwilling to communicate with anyone. No, those things are on him, I'm afraid.

If Axl has a shit reputation, and he does, that's because Axl has been responsbile for that. It make absoltuey zero sense to suggest he's really some great guy and this is all a big wacky misunderstanding. This is the real world, not 'Three's Company'.

You can´t judge him just basing you on the things you get from the media, the internet and certain situations. There is always a human being behind the famous person and that is who he really is, not the asshole the media portray.

St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philadelphia.

What, exactly, did "the media" twist around here? Please walk me through it.

Now you say it...Saint Louis, but that is too old and does not belong to this section. Again, what we see or read about the guy does not necessarily relate to his real self. I´m not saying he´s the greatest guy on the planet but he is a human being and he has good days and bad days and he fucks shit up like the rest of us. Imo, he´s just a dude with a talent, no different than you, me or anyone else. You can´t say how he is just because of stuff you read or watch on tv. As I said in my other post, there is always a human being behind the rock star.

I would like to meet him, except I really wouldn't know what to say... I think I'd rather just see him, and maybe shake his hand or something. Or maybe like spend like a couple months hanging out with him and building a friendship, but anything in between would be really awkward.

I would like to meet him, except I really wouldn't know what to say... I think I'd rather just see him, and maybe shake his hand or something. Or maybe like spend like a couple months hanging out with him and building a friendship, but anything in between would be really awkward.

as ive allwayz said the person behind the rockstar is the human being first.

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

Technically Madison reopened it, then Eric closed it, then she reopened it again, and Eric closed it once more. Madison then opened it a third time before Eric closed it for the final time.

So technically, Eric locked the thread.

I met him twice.

Technically Madison reopened it, then Eric closed it, then she reopened it again, and Eric closed it once more. Madison then opened it a third time before Eric closed it for the final time.

So technically, Eric locked the thread.

Oh I know what people are talking about now. Eric was not happy with Madison for what I could see. Then Madison was claiming everything was rosy after she got demoted.

I met him twice.

oh yeah remember that little circle you, me, Axl and Baz made? that was cool..at first I thought it was uncomfortable speaking because of the heavy eye-contact since no one i know stares so hard into my eyes when we're having a conversation but a little later I realized he was just really interested in what I had to say and was making sure we were interested in what he had to say.

truly a great night, class act guy all the way

so to answer the OP's question, I'd definitely want to meet him again one day

I hate you both.

I agree with that sentiment. That sounds so fucking unreal! How did it actually go from just saying "Hi, nice to meet yo!" to a real conversation about something? That goes right over my head! :blink: Asking something about his favourite movies or whatever would remind me of dating someone and getting to know this person! Weird! :D

So...I guess no ?

haha! thats always what i think .

I mean i would love to meet him is something i want ...but knowing myself i would probably just freeze and wouldnt know how to say a simple hi...and then Axl thinking to himself "what an idiot "and asking something like "the cat ate your tongue ". Or it could happen that i would just faint and Axl "no way you are faiting in my arms " and puffff me on the floor :huh: . Yeah i imagined a couple of possible situations where i would really impress Axl:lol: .

Actually when we are talking about meeting someone that is a idol for you .... you do tend to idealise such moment , and you wish to say the smartest thing to impress the person , wich in reality you never do :huh:

I know stories of friends of mine that meet (someone famous)some musician for example that they like and they always complain "i was so stupid ...i could have talked about how i loved this song and bla bla "

So...I guess no ?

I mean i would love to meet him is something i want ...but knowing myself i would probably just freeze and wouldnt know how to say a simple hi...and then Axl thinking to himself "what an idiot "and asking something like "the cat ate your tongue ". Or it could happen that i would just faint and Axl "no way you are faiting in my arms " and puffff me on the floor :huh: .

see this is something I've never understood and never met anyone that has ever had an encounter like that with an famous person...

to get "Starstrucked"... has that actually happened to anyone here? what happens? what's it like?

I don't think I'll ever get that feeling, I thought I would when I first met Axl.. I was actually prepared for it while I was walking towards him, before I could see him and could only hear him talking I thought "alright, now I'll see what it's like", then I turn the corner, he greets me, and everything's pretty much the same except it's Axl Rose who I'm talking to

I'm gonna make a thread in 'Anything Goes' asking that question, I'm very curious

So...I guess no ?

I mean i would love to meet him is something i want ...but knowing myself i would probably just freeze and wouldnt know how to say a simple hi...and then Axl thinking to himself "what an idiot "and asking something like "the cat ate your tongue ". Or it could happen that i would just faint and Axl "no way you are faiting in my arms " and puffff me on the floor :huh: .

see this is something I've never understood and never met anyone that has ever had an encounter like that with an famous person...

to get "Starstrucked"... has that actually happened to anyone here? what happens? what's it like?

I don't think I'll ever get that feeling, I thought I would when I first met Axl.. I was actually prepared for it while I was walking towards him, before I could see him and could only hear him talking I thought "alright, now I'll see what it's like", then I turn the corner, he greets me, and everything's pretty much the same except it's Axl Rose who I'm talking to

I'm gonna make a thread in 'Anything Goes' asking that question, I'm very curious

Well it never happened to me either .

I overeacted in my comment as it was meant as a joke .But im sure i would be nervous if i ever meet Axl , so i supose i wouldnt really know what to say.Guess i would try to act normal as possible to not freak him out or something :lol: because yes i do have the conscience that in the end he is just a person like me ....maybe not like me because he has more music talent for sure :huh: (but you get what i mean )

But your question is a valid one ...:)

I can confirm that meeting people you adore as a fan is an awkward experience. Because it tears down the screen of illusion. You see an image on the screen of public perception and it is this screen image that you adore. Meeting the actual artist shows you the image has almost nothing to do with the real person. Very weird experience I tell you. And after learning that I was healed from adoring public images or believing media comments.

By the way, it also helps to be a performing artist yourself and experience adoration. It is quite disturbing to see people putting you like on a pedastal and basking in your presence as if you were somebody special it is an honour to personally know. Because, it is just you after all, just a normal human being who likes to express him- or herself by means of art. You are not a star in the slightest and still people look up to you for what they see you doing. The magic of art. I wouldn't want to have that public - and not always benevolent as we know - attention in the dimensions Axl has to bear it, even if he lives good from it.

For good order: Of course I would like to meet Axl Rose, the real human being. Because I like to meet nice people.

If you met him would you say that you post on this fourm?

Of course, and I´d say him i appreciate Madison and think he acted bad with her ... :rofl-lol:

Then his bodyguards or himself would come to me and we would start a fight in which Axl would be punched and kicked by me :rofl-lol:

The question is would you want to meet Axl Rose?

Obviously most people would initially think this is a no brainer...of course they would.

But remember the old adage of it's never a good idea to meet your idols...because you might be let down.

So would you wanna risk it or just stay at a distance and keep your opinon of him the way it is?

Sure!! I would like to grab a beer and explain how Slash and him should reuinte!

This is an original idea right!

dPv

I wanted to meet him with all of my heart until the concerts in Brazil came. First time I saw him on stage, I was impressed, dizzy to think that Axl Rose was at an arm stretch distance of me (I was in the first row, beside his catwalk, and if I'd reach out my hand and he did the same we could shake hands easily). Next concert, I was excited to meet him because I had an after-show pass, but I was totally more excited to know Ron... Anyway, when I was faced with my chance to meet Axl - he was right in the other room backstage - I just let it go... I asked Vanessa about him and she said he was too tired, and in a matter of seconds a lot of things went through my mind like the fact that he had just performed a shorter concert and had said on stage that he didn't sleep at all last night and also the notion that I wouldn't want to bother him just to say "hi" and take a picture - I'd like to have the chance to hang around for good and get to know him. So, all in my mind, I decided it wasn't gonna be worth meeting him in that situation, and then I didn't insist.

I will admit that after meeting the band I became much less concerned with their business or the politics of GNR. What once was a mysterious group of musicians who personified some deity-like ideal has now been replaced with a realistic perspective of what GNR is: a bunch of dudes who write and play great tunes. The larger than life aspect of who one's idols are quickly gets redefined to a much more grounded perspective. I actually have this crazy theory that if GNR did more meet-and-greets fans would be far less obsessed.

I agree Andrew. After that day when I met the some of them backstage, it hit me really fast that the guys are just talented human beings. And I didn't feel like bothering them anymore. My admiration for them became very down-to-earth... For the other 3 concerts, I just wanted to enjoy the music. Actually I got upset about people harassing them in front of the hotel for pictures and these things or about those that insisted that I should go too. I just wanted to tell everyone "Give them a break! If they feel like coming out and talking to you, why don't you just sit and talk to them instead of screaming and pushing each other like animals for a picture or a signature? They're just real people like you and me and I'm sure they'd love to talk and know everyone if you knew how to behave." But people were hysterical and I just tried to stay away from that.

To answer the OP, now I would only like to meet Axl if it were on a "we can sit and talk" situation. For just a picture and an autograph, no thanks.

Good question and interesting answers from everyone. I was happy enough to see Axl on stage for the first time in January. I just wish I was closer to the stage though, like right in front or something. Maybe I could have met him after the show if I would have tried, but I didn't. I have mixed feelings about meeting Axl in person. Like someone else said, to actually sit down and talk to him for a few minutes would be amazing, although I would be intimidated at the beginning, but just a quick hand shake and an autograph would not interest me... unless I could get a hug like the one he gave to that Asian girl. That, I wouldn't mind at all... Lucky girl. :P

A few years ago, I was lucky enough to meet another one of my favorite singers (not Axl) and to go backstage. What a disappointment... The band members were all hitting on me like crazy, and my "idol" was soooo freaking drunk. Everytime he talked to me, he kept spitting like crazy. Not really what I imagined. So I said goodbye and went home, pretty disgusted. :rofl-lol: