Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

4 yrs ago, the Hammerstein Shows!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts
  • 23-July 06
It is 4 yrs ago since Guns rocked the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. I got to make it for the last show and it was a fn blast. It was my first Guns show and it was well worth it. I flew from South Texas all the way to NYC. I got in line super early in the morning. I must of been part of the first ten people. The people I met in front of the line were truly amazing! I wish I would remember their names. I remember somebody from Brazil. I remember a guy that likes to run. A guy who had a cool use your illusion tat on his arm. And a married couple from Cleveland. All were very nice to me and my friend. It was an honor to meet true die hard fans. A funny moment in line was there was a drunk guy who was just walking in the street, jumped to the front of the line and started pissing in front of a cop. Very funny shit! I got to be in front of the stage, absolutely nobody in front of me. The show lived up to all my expectations and more. Cn Izzy with Axl was a moment of rock. If any of u guys are out there who were in the front, thanks for the good times.

HollyWoodRose84

HollyWoodRose84

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 12-July 04

It is 4 yrs ago since Guns rocked the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. I got to make it for the last show and it was a fn blast. It was my first Guns show and it was well worth it. I flew from South Texas all the way to NYC. I got in line super early in the morning. I must of been part of the first ten people. The people I met in front of the line were truly amazing! I wish I would remember their names. I remember somebody from Brazil. I remember a guy that likes to run. A guy who had a cool use your illusion tat on his arm. And a married couple from Cleveland. All were very nice to me and my friend. It was an honor to meet true die hard fans. A funny moment in line was there was a drunk guy who was just walking in the street, jumped to the front of the line and started pissing in front of a cop. Very funny shit! I got to be in front of the stage, absolutely nobody in front of me. The show lived up to all my expectations and more. Cn Izzy with Axl was a moment of rock. If any of u guys are out there who were in the front, thanks for the good times.

I was there that day to in front of the line as well. And i remember that guy pissing next to the cop!!! I also remember the dude with the Illusion tat and I remember all the guys in the band pointing at it from the stage. Great times.

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts
  • 23-July 06

I was there that day to in front of the line as well. And i remember that guy pissing next to the cop!!! I also remember the dude with the Illusion tat and I remember all the guys in the band pointing at it from the stage. Great times.

Trying to remember you? Did you also go to the Vegas shows?

HollyWoodRose84

HollyWoodRose84

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 12-July 04

Trying to remember you? Did you also go to the Vegas shows?

Nah didn't go to the vegas shows. I was there with my girlfriend at the time. Really big boobs lol.

ManetsBR

ManetsBR

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,673 posts
  • 27-July 09
queues are always cool if you meet nice people. I spent 8 hours in the queue in São Paulo with a bunch of great people, some of them I knew from the internet, from the GNR brazilian forums, it was nice to meet them in real life!

fQfYl0l.jpg

The last beautiful free soul on this planet

jc524

jc524

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • 28-September 05

Oh that drunk guy! And someone wrote on a piece of paper and told him it was a ticket. That was hilarious.

I caught the show on the 14th, 15tth, and then right up front on the 17th. Remember when Izzy came on the stage?! Crazy shit. Then Robin handed me a beer from the stage, I still have the bottle :D
Posted Image
You got it all locked up inside?

smokingarthur

smokingarthur

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts
  • 17-June 05
It was a great time, I was at the first and last Hammerstein show then hit up the Continental Airlines Arena show and MSG. I would love another round....

SLCPUNK

SLCPUNK

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • 28-June 04
I was there and it was a great show. Can't remember which one I saw. Talked to a couple of guys from the forums. Although in the big scope of things it was just one part of an awesome trip to NYC.

LCG

LCG

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts
  • 31-March 06
4 years! :shocked: Time does pass by very quickly. It was so great to see the photos and the updates from these shows back then.

xkurtkosherx

xkurtkosherx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 28-February 06

4 years! :shocked: Time does pass by very quickly. It was so great to see the photos and the updates from these shows back then.

I was at that show too. It was the 3rd of three nights at the Hammerstein with a very special Izzy performance. I was at the front of the line with you. That drunk guy was so funny. We had to talk the cops out arresting him, I still remember everyone cheering "LET HIM GO LET HIM GO!!!!!" After that we told him it was time to go in and he kept trying to run inside the building security kept trying to pull him away by his feet while he was holding onto a railing. I also remember some blond woman trying to do a report on the show for some lame website. They ended up recording everyone singing get in the ring. I remember that UYI 1 tat too it was really big and colorful. It was definitely one of the most fun times i ever had at a show. Too bad that drunk guy never got in :(

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 16,979 posts
  • 24-February 06
I was at the last show...amazing to see them in a small venue like that!

..and IZZY!

2i0u9oh.jpg

Shackler118

Shackler118

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • 03-May 09
It's crazy because back in 06, when I started high school I saw Guns at MSG in the mid section, then in 2010, 4 years later of my senior year I see Guns at the Rose Bar front N' center. It was one big full circle for me and GnR. I really miss the 06 days, but I love these days as well!!

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts
  • 22-February 06
talk about living in the past; get over it people it was 4 years ago!

Nail'N'Bail

Nail'N'Bail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 01-April 11
I was drunk....and I had to pee *hick-up* ...and then I saw a Smurf and wanted to drown him.....WITH MY PISS!!

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 16,979 posts
  • 24-February 06
I remember the drunk dude staggering up and down the line...funny shit.
Just another day for the cops.

2i0u9oh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users