Is that an official shirt?

D..

Found it on a french website, that's why it seems suspicious to me but apparently the seller says it's a shirt that was sold in the early 90's (I suppose it was sold in France?). But I'm not sure it's official I've never seen it before (and judging from its look it's supposed to be a common shirt). But I agree it looks pretty good on the front, I'd like to see the back.

It's hard to say; I've seen probably 25 of this particular shirt over the years. It's a toss up. I would bet on unofficial though, at least I rank that one in particular in the "unofficial" category.

IThanks man, I think I'll order it as it's $15, I'll tell you what's written on it when I get it, but like you I'm thinking unofficial but a cool one!

Before I had even scrolled down to the photo of that other shirt someone posted, when I looked at that French one it reminded me of that one Axl was wearing.

I wouldn't definitely call it fake. I still see offical shirts pop up that I had never seen before. e.g.:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GREATEST-80s-vtg-GUNS-N-ROSES-jungle-T-SHIRT-GNR-SOFT-/120558861225?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item1c11de3ba9

^ I think it's official?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vintage-GUNS-N-ROSES-1992-T-SHIRT-tour-concert-tee-XL-/220603975035?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item335d05857b

My inital gut feel is that the shirt that D.. posted is legit.

Edited by williambailey01

We will see, if all goes well I should receive it by the end of next week, I'll take pics of the tags and you'll be able to tell me what you think. Great shirts on those ebay auctions man, but kind of expensive :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I got this tshirt and it was kinda official i think, my mom bought it on my birthday in 1993 from a very expensive department store.

You still haven't posted pics of that Japanese Live Era vinyl you say you have. Patiently waiting...

I've never seen this shirt before, I'd like to know if it's official:

civilwarshirt.jpg

It kind of looks like another vintage shirt (a skull with revolvers inside the skull) in the design... What do you think?

All official G N' R shirts have a small stamp (with the year the shirt was released, the band name and sometimes by wich company it was licensed) under the print. For example: 1991, Guns N' Roses, Under license to Brockum. I can't see the print on this shirt so imo it's a fake shirt.

Hmmm I've received it and I don't know man, I think it's fake because there's no tags or year or anything. That being said, it does look pretty awesome.

I've also received a GNR Lies shirt with the mention "I used to love her" in the back, and an artwork of skull Axl with a gun on the front, I'm not sure whether it's official or not but pretty awesome as well. Might take pics soon.

fake as fuck

^This.

I owned every shirt GNR made for AFD back in the day.

This is not one of them.

This one is also fake.

It is a bootleg from around the time AFD hit.

It was sold in T-shirt shops, but it is not real.

Edited by lost in the garden

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All official G N' R shirts have a small stamp (with the year the shirt was released, the band name and sometimes by wich company it was licensed) under the print. For example: 1991, Guns N' Roses, Under license to Brockum. I can't see the print on this shirt so imo it's a fake shirt.

That's usually the case, but not always. I have official shirts that I bought at the merch booths at their shows that don't have any of that stuff. In fact, NONE of the 2006 tour shirts I have have any of the licensing/trademark stuff on it, and I know they're all official because I got them at GnR's merch booths.

Could be official, may not be. Shouldn't really matter as long as you like it.

For anyone interested, there is a company RE-PRINTING the those killer AFD "Guns N' Roses Was Here" shirts with the full rape artwork on the back on ebay.

Normally these go for a few hundred (because they are the originals with like a 1989 copyright from the tour) then there have always been re-prints available but the rape artwork was never on the back, making it not legit.

But these are exact re-prints, so for anyone looking to pick up one of these killer shirts to wear around (who would buy an original and actually wear that collectors item, am I right?) Here they are for like 26$ USD total shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220627655893&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• 2 weeks later...