The complaint

parisrocks

I just like reading paragraph one in the cross-complaint.

"NATURE OF THE ACTION

1. Guns N' Roses is one of the most popular and famous rock bands of all times. The

band has sold more than 100 million records, had numerous Top 10 hits, sold out arenas and

stadiums worldwide, won numerous awards and accolades, and by all accounts redefined rock

music. Guns N' Roses reached iconic status and inspired music artists everywhere. Rose, one of the

band's founders and original members, is the legendary lead vocalist and songwriter. He is one of

rock's all-time greatest front-men."

2 things I noted in reading so far (and I'm not familiar at all with these types of legal documents):

Page 17

#24 - "In 2008, Azoff approached Rose to asct as the Guns N' Roses' manager. 2008 was a major year for the band. Guns N' Roses was slated to release its much anticipated CHINESE DEMOCRACY album..."

If true, then we need to stop giving Azoff credit for getting Rose & GNR to finally release CD. Based on how this is written, Rose/GNR was set to release CD in 2008 prior to hiring Azoff. He came onto the scene with promises to promote the album and presented him as the "most qualified person to manage the band." Azoff probably gets credit for the Besy Buy deal, but CD was coming out one way or another.

EDIT - on page 23, it lists the date of "April 2008" as to when Azoff began his promises.

#25 - "Azoff advised Rose that he has copyright infringement, fraud, and other claims against Activision for the unauthorized and unlawful use of the song "Sweet Child O'Mine" in the promotion of Activision's best-selling video game GUITAR HERO 3."

Actually, a cover version of SCOM was on Guitar Hero 2. It was not the original master recording from GNR and AFD. I'm assuming Rose & GNR should still get some payment for the use of the song based solely on the songwriting rights. In short, SCOM was not in GH3. Rose complained publically about Activision using the master recording of "Welcome To The Jungle" for Guitar Hero 3, which had Slash on the cover and in-game. Might be just a typo, but in an important legal document, the facts should be 100% correct.

Edited by SALonghorn

2 things I noted in reading so far (and I'm not familiar at all with these types of legal documents):

Page 17

#24 - "In 2008, Azoff approached Rose to asct as the Guns N' Roses' manager. 2008 was a major year for the band. Guns N' Roses was slated to release its much anticipated CHINESE DEMOCRACY album..."

If true, then we need to stop giving Azoff credit for getting Rose & GNR to finally release CD. Based on how this is written, Rose/GNR was set to release CD in 2008 prior to hiring Azoff. He came onto the scene with promises to promote the album and presented him as the "most qualified person to manage the band." Azoff probably gets credit for the Besy Buy deal, but CD was coming out one way or another.

EDIT - on page 23, it lists the date of "April 2008" as to when Azoff began his promises.

#25 - "Azoff advised Rose that he has copyright infringement, fraud, and other claims against Activision for the unauthorized and unlawful use of the song "Sweet Child O'Mine" in the promotion of Activision's best-selling video game GUITAR HERO 3."

Actually, a cover version of SCOM was on Guitar Hero 2. It was not the original master recording from GNR and AFD. I'm assuming Rose & GNR should still get some payment for the use of the song based solely on the songwriting rights. In short, SCOM was not in GH3. Rose complained publically about Activision using the master recording of "Welcome To The Jungle" for Guitar Hero 3, which had Slash on the cover and in-game. Might be just a typo, but in an important legal document, the facts should be 100% correct.

Chinese Democracy was slated to be released since about 1999. That means nothing. And in regards to that second one, I've no idea, but perhaps the song Sweet Child O' Mine was used in a advert/commercial for the game?

Edited by Conor

Azoff is disgusting and works well with vermin like the VH brothers and the two bloodsuckers from the Eagles. It's great that he's finally failed. Asshole.

I don't know,a guy like that probably considers lawsuits like this the equivalent of a game of tennis. They're at 15 - All.