6 June, St Petersburg - I'll be there

galina_rs

I'm a proud owner of a ticket at FAN zone for 6 June, St Petersburg, Russia rock3

I'll be glad to share the joy with all of you who will be there!

Some useful info:

Visa needed to enter the country

Local money (rubli RUB) converter: http://coinmill.com/...r.html#RUB=4500

Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours

Weather: http://pogoda.ru.net...ecast/26063.htm

White Nights: What could be more romantic than a walk along the banks of the city's rivers and canals in almost broad daylight, no matter what the time of day?

From late May to early July the nights are bright in St Petersburg, with the brightest period, the White Nights, normally lasting from June 11th to July 2nd. The White Nights (Beliye Nochi) are a curious phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg's very northerly geographical location - at 59 degrees 57' North (roughly on the same latitude as Oslo, Norway, the southern tip of Greenland and Seward, Alaska). St. Petersburg is the world's most northern city with a population over 1 million, and its stands at such a high latitude that the sun does not descend below the horizon enough for the sky to grow dark. In fact night becomes curiously indistinguishable from day, so much so that the authorities never need to turn the city's streetlights on!

http://www.lonelypla.../st-petersburg/

http://www.hostelworld.com/

Any ideas for interesting places to visit (attractions, museums, parks... restaurants, bars...), for the song list for the concert, for before or after concert fan party are more than welcome :thumbsup:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a proud owner of a ticket at FAN zone for 6 June, St Petersburg, Russia rock3

I'll be glad to share the joy with all of you who will be there!

You're welcome! :thumbsup: I'll be there too.

Any ideas for interesting places to visit (attractions, museums, parks... restaurants, bars...), for the song list for the concert, for before or after concert fan party are more than welcome :thumbsup:

I don't know whether there're any special attractions here but, as for the museums, there're many. Just go to the city centre. There're Hermitage (Winter Palace), State Russian Museum, St. Isaac's Cathedral, Kazan Cathedral, a lot of beautiful architectural landmarks etc. If you wanna take a stroll in a wonderful park, visit Tsarskoye Selo (aka Pushkin) and Peterhof (aka Petrodvoretz), two famous suburbs. Visit the latter, especially if wanna see some fabulously beautiful fountains. In other words, St. Petersburg is meant for sightseeing.

P.S. I think they'll choose a 'standard' setlist for the gig as this is their first ever show in Russia and so on.

P.P.S. Just a suggestion to moderators: probably it'd be better to merge this topic with this one while keeping the current title (St. Petersburg, June 6)?

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Lol, I read this title and thought you were announcing a summer trip to Florida. I thought it seemed out of place, but with threads like "I heard a rumor...that some poster on another board concocted in a daydream" staying up I thought anything is possible. Have fun is St. Pete! I hear the beaches and sunsets are amazing! Oh wait, ...never mind.

:D

Edited by axlskAmpf

2 hours ago:

Bumblefoot Facebook:

Leaving for the airport in a few, woohoo! If I don't answer messages, it's because I'm staying off the computer as much as possible, and keeping my hands on a guitar as much as possible. Will update ya on Twitter, FB & my forum whenever I can... :)

About not having meet-n-greets in Norway, Sweden & St. Petersburg... there's a lo...t of working together with local folks to solidify the when & where, transportation, making autograph cards & any promo materials... if they're not interested or drop the ball, it doesn't happen. The folks in Helsinki, Moscow & Aalborg were fantastic, they made it happen. :)

I think for the giveaways we'll have each person write their name on a piece of paper and put 'em in a bowl, then I'll randomly pick names to win tix, CDs, whatever else... :)

I'll see if I can throw together an informal one anywhere else, but it really needed to be done before I arrived. I won't have time or brain cells to put towards being an event coordinator, I'll be wrapped up in traveling, gigs, and all the unexpected mayhem that usually occurs, lol. While I'm on tour, my responsibility is to the audience, and I force myself to ease up and stay focused on the shows.

If there's a way to do informal meet-n-greets where the preparations would be quick & painless, I'd love to do it. :)

OK, got a plane to catch! See ya's soon!!

Ron

-------------------------------

RE: `About not having meet-n-greets in ... St. Petersburg... there's a lo...t of working together with local folks to solidify the when & where, transportation, making autograph cards & any promo materials... if they're not interested or drop the ball, it doesn't happen. ... I'll see if I can throw together an informal one anywhere else, but it really needed to be done before I arrived. I won't have time or brain cells to put towards being an event coordinator... If there's a way to do informal meet-n-greets where the preparations would be quick & painless, I'd love to do it. :)`

Hey people can't we do something here??? If there is a will there should be a way to do something for our fun! If Ron is open for ideas why not think of something. What about choosing a nice place like bar, garden, park near hotel and send him message with fan's proposal for informal meet-n-greet, a?

Hey people can't we do something here??? If there is a will there should be a way to do something for our fun! If Ron is open for ideas why not think of something. What about choosing a nice place like bar, garden, park near hotel and send him message with fan's proposal for informal meet-n-greet, a?

That would be awesome but I have no idea where they are gonna stay.

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK YOU EX-COMMIE BASTARDS!?!

Yes, we are, comrade. We are always ready to rock. The question is whether they will ready to do so after playing in Finland the day before. Btw. that's another reason why arranging an informal meet-n-greet session seems to be unrealistic.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK YOU EX-COMMIE BASTARDS!?!

Yes, we are, comrade. We are always ready to rock. The question is whether they will ready to do so after playing in Finland the day before. Btw. that's another reason why arranging an informal meet-n-greet session seems to be unrealistic.

The Edmonton show was the day after a long Calgary show and it was great. Don't worry.

Hopefully you're right. :)

Btw. guys, if you want to receive real time updates during the show, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number and try and do my best to keep you informed of the setlist etc. via text messages.

We're in Russia, we're in St. Petersburg. This is awesome. What's even better is we're playing with Guns N' Roses today too! - Danko

about 3 hours ago via web

just got in to saint petersburg. whoa... too burnt to see the sights i think. damn it.

about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

So first time in Russia for Gn'r right?

The old band was to play there in 1992 but didn't play i believe.........

p.s,come on Axl this beautiful city deserves Estranged to be played.

Edited by kleber