Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Lets keep this thread going until the gig for discussion and then we can make an official concert thread for the night in question.

Maybe we can suggest things/places for the band to see in Dublin in this thread.

Might I suggest that we all meet-up here before the gig for drinks? Right beside Mr Phil Lynott - Axl we all know is a Thin Lizzy fan, as I am sure the rest of the band are.

Phil_Lynott_Statue_at_Bruxelles_Dublin.jpg

By before the concert I mean that morning :D

Maybe some of the band might drop in for a pint of Guinness

.Or twenty :D

Edited by RonMexico82

haha yeah a trip around dublin and a quick mugging from some of the local junckies and knackers around parnell square. Axl should try and cram the whole crew into O'Donoghue's for a pint.Best traditional pub in dublin with the best pints of guinness

Guest RonMexico82

I don't think Axl will be walking anywhere. As for the band, they have Frank. He'd only have to glare at a junkie and they'd fall over.

Guest RonMexico82

Probably. The sound in the new revamped o2 is supposed to be QUALITY!

Edited by RonMexico82

Guest RonMexico82

Damn you stupid computer calender. Ah well I'm off work from now until the end of September so it is Friday if I say its Friday :D

I hope they play Scraped and Don't Cry w/ Axl

Edited by RonMexico82

Lets keep this thread going until the gig for discussion and then we can make an official concert thread for the night in question.

Maybe we can suggest things/places for the band to see in Dublin in this thread.

Might I suggest that we all meet-up here before the gig for drinks? Right beside Mr Phil Lynott - Axl we all know is a Thin Lizzy fan, as I am sure the rest of the band are.

Phil_Lynott_Statue_at_Bruxelles_Dublin.jpg

Bruxelles does a great pint of Guinness. Have had many a night on the black n' suds in there! The band could very well be staying in The Westbury right beside it, so who knows, might drop in for a pint.

I am gutted I am not home in Dublin now...in South Korea working currently...I am coming home for a wedding a week and a half after the 1st - fucking nightmare!!! Tempted to reschedule!

great venue though.the o2 is so much better than the old point.I remember seeing VR there back in 2005 and the sound was crap.On another note this probably means the start of a UK tour.

Redrum I was at the VR gig back in 05 myself...I agree the sound was horrific! Would love to hear GN'R in the new o2 arena!!

Count me in. Hopefully Bumble or Ashba will do a meet and greet. Great that this time round they will be in Ireland for a couple of days.

Edited by no1gooner

Guest RonMexico82

I'll run the meet-up at Bruxelles idea over at boards.ie too.

Imagine all the gunner fans taking over that spot for the day :D

This gig is going to be epic rock3

Really glad for all you Irish diehards, Plenty of you here and over @ HTGTH have waited a long time for this announcement.

I'm going to Reading Festival (just GN'R day), and will be heading over to Dublin as well to see them @ the O2. The venue sounds very promising to say the least, liking what I hear so far.

I was desperate to see GN'R in front of their own fans (not the festival ensemble), after missing out in 2006, and cannot fucking wait for this gig. B)

Edited by Azazel

Ireland baby!!! :thumbsup:

YES!

Could not be more excited if they were playing in Newcastle - Love the Irish!

Might even venture north of the border 24 hours earlier? :tongue2:

I shall see you there :D

Cant fooking wait for this!! its gonna be a day of drinking in dublin for sure!! ron you can count me in for session the missus will be tagging along aswell i reckon she was "up the duff" no pun intended for the last irish gig so had to be content with a seating ticket.....Roll on september will be hitting both gigs in ireland without a doubt!

Guest RonMexico82

Cant fooking wait for this!! its gonna be a day of drinking in dublin for sure!! ron you can count me in for session the missus will be tagging along aswell i reckon she was "up the duff" no pun intended for the last irish gig so had to be content with a seating ticket.....Roll on september will be hitting both gigs in ireland without a doubt!

Edited by RonMexico82

I was going to post the meet-up idea on boards but I don't think I'll bother, that place is crawling with GNR haters. What pisses me off is that they just blindly swallow every piece of crap trotted out over the years about Axl and the band, most of which is complete horseshit. It almost seems fashionable.

Ah anyway the people posting here are all up for this so all is good :rock3:

Yeah was gonna Pm ya to say not to bother so irritating looking at that forum and all the haters i woulding mind if they listened to the stuff but as you said they just believe all the shite thats spouted by the media....but yeah dude will be cool to meet up for pints alright!