Do you think................

Paulywauly

Hey,

Going off performances and how he's looking etc, do you think he's in better shape now or back in 06?

Looking at pics he looks quite a bit slimmer in 06, he looks bigger now, not fat though, just stockier.

How does he look now compared to the first gigs 09, he certainly looks in great shape i think, the stockier look suits him more.

Cheers, just curious.

He was slimmer in 06, but even then he was by no means "fit".

The fact he can't get throw shows without the amount of solos there are, or some songs without sucking some oxygen off stage is a clear indication he could give a shit about doing the cardio necessary to build up his endurance as he ages. He still sounds winded alot, and it is a problem that could be rectified if he cared a little more.

He was slimmer in 06, but even then he was by no means "fit".

What's the big deal about a 48 year old guy carrying a few extra pounds?

No, I understand that, narcissistic though it may seem, it's naturally that fans take an interest in the physical apperance of a guy that they to whatever degree idolise, or would like to "project there personality into". Not sure if the last bit makes sense, but I think you get it.

Yes, Axl was in better shape in '06. You can see that his arms and shoulders showed signs of mild muscle development (lifting weights), and also his face looked slimmer.

I saw the band live in Aalborg two weeks ago, and I've got to say that I really didn't notice any problems with the 2½ hour show due to Axl's physical condition. Only one song in the whole show seemed a little lame vocally (Nighttrain), and that is probably just because of my super high expectations to that particular song.

What's the big deal about a 48 year old guy carrying a few extra pounds?

Nothing......when you're working a desk job that requires no cardiovascular conditioning to truly maximize your performance.

When you're a front man of a legendary rock n' roll band and people are paying $80-100 bucks a pop to come see you sing, part of the job description involves being in shape.

There was a point on the last tour where for almost an hour period I don't think they played 2 songs in a row because they were alternating between song and solo so he can rest. Some people think its great (mostly on the message board), others think it kills the flow and momentum of the show.

The excessive solos are a direct result of his conditioning level, so the overall quality is being effected by his fitness level because it would be a better show without the constant start/stop of the solos during the middle of the show.

Is it true the other week at a show he was sticking his belly out or something laughing and pointing to it. Sounds funny but also a bit embarrassing, and i dont mean that in a having a go way, but if i were at the gig i dont think id wanna see that ha ha.

Guest Nasty Nate

Weight gain is a pretty common side-effect of anti-depressants. :crazy:

That's what I think he's on too tbh.

Axl's body type has changed so much throughout the years, and I don't think it all can be attributed to aging. I've definitely had experiences with SSRIs and I can tell you it's easy to gain and lose all that weight depending on if you take them.

Axl's body type has changed so much throughout the years, and I don't think it all can be attributed to aging. I've definitely had experiences with SSRIs and I can tell you it's easy to gain and lose all that weight depending on if you take them.

Don't forget how much his face has changed too - from the hair plugs to the chemical peels to the botox to the shaved eyebrows. That man has gone through alot!

i prefer to see Axl without braids any time

it seems that he spoiled his hair (wonderful hair!) by wearing these braids

I don't think it was the braids that ruined his hair. It was the fact that it fell out in the 90's and the ensuing botched transplant.

He is bi-polar (or at least that's what doctors said after he took some test). I wouldn't be surprised if at one time he's run the gamut of drug cocktails. But then again, all that voodoo mysticism Beta exposes him to, seems like something he naturally clung to help with certain aspects of his life? Who really knows (Well I could could guess who knows, just not us)?

When it really comes down to it, I have a hard time necessarily considering Axl Rose a "Rock Star", late 80's and early 90's are about it, and it certainly doesn't seem he's really been busy submerging himself in the L.A./Hollywood lifestyle during his off days. The man seems well for his age, and a few pounds isn't really that big of a deal. At least he doesn't look like my grandma (cough, mick jager/steven tyler).

It would be great if he got going with some workout so that he could be active on stage like in the 90's. Then when he's reached that stage, perhaps the workout on stage each show will serve his contionous shape. But seriously..the best Ax is when he' holding long notes and do intense movement on stage.

Btw..don't get me wrong. This tour is still maybe the best ever!!! In this version of the band at least.

Keep at it Axl rock1

I saw him in late 2006, and I think he looked a little better then. I'm not gonna talk shit though, I"m 26 and I"m starting to notice I don't have the same body that I did when I was 18-21. The older you get, I think the more you have to work out and the more you have to eat really healthy, where as when you are younger it is not as hard.

I don't think it's a question that Axl was more in shape in '06. He was way out of shape in the beginning of this tour in '09. Then over time he began gettting back into shape, but at the begin at the European tour he was overweight again. Not that I really care what he looks like, his voice is what I care about, it's just if he's fat, there's another thing a hater can nit-pick at.

axl grows mour aged as time pass bys but stil not saem as befor wehn ninies wehn slash an use yurs ilsuins stil bands mucho gratnes. no ones fans come tgethor nows becos fans nose no longer gratenes wit no mour slash by side. as fans tgethor we stil luvs axl but nose that tis not saem. we cant be foold becos we hav pass to remebr tis gratenes.

Oh my God. What The Fuck Did You Just Say? "Facepalm"