Lady Gaga & Other Hot artists

Vincent Vega

Besides Lady Gaga, who else would you say are objectively the say top 10 or so most hottest (new) artists? And who are the biggest artists in general, and are there any up and coming you could see being huge soon?

I really wanna catch up with popular music. Like for example back when I was a kid I was listening to the song "Loser" by Beck just a month after the album Mellow Gold came out--My family was very up into new and hot stuff as it came out, and I've kinda fallen behind.

Who The Fuck Is Drake? :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGt4DOl411o&player_feature=embed

a terrible "rapper" whose only hits consist of him "singing" in a monotonous autotune drawl and not rapping at all

He isn't the greatest rapper, but he is not terrible.

Great songwriter/producer.

Katy Perry and B.O.B. are the first that come to my mind.

All you have to do is go onto the iTunes music store homepage and check the top ten songs and albums.

I think Katy Perry is starting to lose some of her luster.

a terrible "rapper" whose only hits consist of him "singing" in a monotonous autotune drawl and not rapping at all

His only good song. Consequently, he's hardly in it. Only Kanye's verse is worse.

Nope.

Have you actually heard his album or are you familiar with his songwriting credits?

He wrote the best song on Alicia Keyes latest album. An album that is flawless by the way.

Don't hate on the dude, simply cause all the people you go to high school with listen to or like him......I think thats what your doing.

He wrote this.......Song of the Year at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0IcCeVE0c&player_feature=embed

Nope.

Have you actually heard his album or are you familiar with his songwriting credits?

He wrote the best song on Alicia Keyes latest album. An album that is flawless by the way.

Don't hate on the dude, simply cause all the people you go to high school with listen to or like him......I think thats what your doing.

Song of the year my ass. It only has 3 million views on YouTube.

I could care less if people listen to him. From the singles I've heard, only two were listenable. Rap filler tracks are never good, so I'm not going to bother with his album.

Nope.

Yeah he does that alot. He thinks he's cool for not liking all the currently popular artists.

His rapping style is a bit too much like Lil Wayne sometimes, I love Find Your Love though.

Not that big since everybodys already listed the big lot - but I'll list some newish artists I think have got potential to get atleast semibig or are already doing well..

The Black Keys, The Kills, Crystal Castles, Kasabian, The Big Pink, Mumford & Sons, Foals, Warpaint, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Courteeners, MGMT, Biffy Clyro, Marina & The Diamonds, Twisted Wheel, The Hold Steady, Dan Arborise, M.I.A.

Yes to whoever said Frank Turner. He has had a cult following for years but finally seems to be breaking over to the mainstream. Always a big hit at festivals. Would love it if he became big.

As for Mumford & Sons, haven't they just suddenly got loads bigger? I mean last year I thought they were playing tiny venues and then I heard they got a huge crowd at Glastonbury and I am hearing about them everywhere.

The Dirty Pearls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9S0Uugyztg

Great classic rock n roll from a new band

Went on their myspace. Pretty sexy. Kind of reminds me of The Ramones.

Edited by JAC185

Katy Perry and B.O.B. are the first that come to my mind.

All you have to do is go onto the iTunes music store homepage and check the top ten songs and albums.

I think Katy Perry is starting to lose some of her luster.

Why do you say that? California Gurls is number one on iTunes and is constantly played on the radio.

Ellie Goulding

Lissie

Mumford & Sons

Not so sure about the first 2, but I can definitely see Mumford & Sons being huge pretty soon. Frank Turner too.

I don't know about that, there's definitely an audience for Mumford & Sons but I don't think it comes close to the same scale as Lady Gaga or Muse

haha. I love some of these names. Can't these guys think up something cool? Check out these two that I found: One is named "Young Jeezy", another is "Bun B."

Da fuck? :thumbsdown::lol:

Rock bands aren't much better. There are some weak ass names out there. What happened to the cool names? But so many bands today are just a bunch of poseurs, so I guess it makes sense they can't even imagine up a cool name.

I think I'm going to become a pop star. I'll just go by Dave. --------------> Dave, feat. B. Boi and Piggly Poo. Hell, I'm halfway there!

haha. I love some of these names. Can't these guys think up something cool? Check out these two that I found: One is named "Young Jeezy", another is "Bun B."

Da fuck? :thumbsdown::lol:

Rock bands aren't much better. There are some weak ass names out there. What happened to the cool names? But so many bands today are just a bunch of poseurs, so I guess it makes sense they can't even imagine up a cool name.

I think I'm going to become a pop star. I'll just go by Dave. --------------> Dave, feat. B. Boi and Piggly Poo. Hell, I'm halfway there!

Hell, "KBear" itself might even fly, just stick a dash in that motherfucker.

Edited by chevelle