Please Read - Report to Mod function

Rick

Hello,

Firstly - thank you to the members who use the report to mod function, it really helps us keep on top of things.

Secondly - if you are reporting a signature or avatar please click into the members profile and use the 'Report Member' link. Don't report sig/avatars from within a thread.

Thirdly (:anger::devil::fuckyou:) - submitting a report that says "Is racism now allowed on this forum?" is not helpful, nor clever. No it's not allowed, it never was and never will be. Smart ass reports are really annoying me now, just say what's up with the post - don't make out that we're allowing stuff that is racist, homophobic etc to be posted. It's simply that we haven't seen it. It's holiday time and less mods are online than normal so please be patient.

Thank you.

Rick.

Hello,

Thirdly (:anger::devil::fuckyou:) - submitting a report that says "Is racism now allowed on this forum?" is not helpful, nor clever. No it's not allowed, it never was and never will be. Smart ass reports are really annoying me now, just say what's up with the post - don't make out that we're allowing stuff that is racist, homophobic etc to be posted. It's simply that we haven't seen it. It's holiday time and less mods are online than normal so please be patient.

Thank you.

Rick.

I wasn't trying to be clever.

Hello,

Thank you.

Rick.

I wasn't trying to be clever.

It isn't exactly a report, either.

It's more of a snarky question.

raise-hand.jpg

QUESTION!

Just curious, what does it matter if a signature is reported from the thread post, or through the member's profile?

Just wondering. :shrugs:

Ha, that picture is great.

If it is reported via a post then that thread is flagged as problematic when infact it isn't. It's just that a member who has posted in that particular thread has a large sig/avatar.

Also, mods only get reports relevant to the sections that they mod - every mod will get a report from a profile.

Rick.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I wonder who that was intended for. :lol:

Did Sunny ever write his real opinion about white people, that he was thinking about doing somewhere? I've been looking for it, but can't remember what thread it was.

Did Sunny ever write his real opinion about white people, that he was thinking about doing somewhere? I've been looking for it, but can't remember what thread it was.

No.

I was being sarcastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to the mods that are trying to do a good job here but you are failing, as for the report function it rarely works, or at least hasn't when i have used it.I could go through topics and show examples where clearly racist posts still exist even long after complaint.

Have a look round recent posts in AG, if you can't find the posts that are wrong maybe you should hang your hat up, perhaps im doing you a disservice in which case i will provide a mod with examples.

Sorry to the mods that are trying to do a good job here but you are failing, as for the report function it rarely works, or at least hasn't when i have used it.I could go through topics and show examples where clearly racist posts still exist even long after complaint.

Have a look round recent posts in AG, if you can't find the posts that are wrong maybe you should hang your hat up, perhaps im doing you a disservice in which case i will provide a mod with examples.

There hasn't been a report from AG since 24th July?

Rick.

Thankfully, this thread has been shut down. Horrible thread.

It's a shame because some of that discussion earlier on was interesting. It just took a disturbing turn which near the end made me uncomfortable. I think the mods made the right decision in their timing in locking the thread.

Thankfully, this thread has been shut down. Horrible thread.

It's a shame because some of that discussion earlier on was interesting. It just took a disturbing turn which near the end made me uncomfortable. I think the mods made the right decision in their timing in locking the thread.

I think it had the potential to be a good thread, but I think the OP made it with the wrong intentions.

Your posts were pretty insightful. Enjoyed reading them.

It's a shame because some of that discussion earlier on was interesting. It just took a disturbing turn which near the end made me uncomfortable.

I'm happy we're in agreement, because I got bitched out by another poster for locking it. :lol: But honestly, it seemed like every time I logged on there were reports being filed against that specific thread, and I agreed with most of the complaints - early on it was pretty interesting but the wrong people started domineering it towards the end and it just got a bit too much to handle. Locking it seemed wiser than deleting pages' worth of responses.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

it seemed like every time I logged on there were reports being filed against that specific thread

This thread was closed one day after this:

That's kind of strange. Did all those reports come after Ricks post was made, or did he miss a lot?

it seemed like every time I logged on there were reports being filed against that specific thread

This thread was closed one day after this:

That's kind of strange. Did all those reports come after Ricks post was made, or did he miss a lot?

No idea. But I have about 14 unread messages in my inbox and they're all reports; I don't get reports from sections outside of Anything Goes. When we mark them as completed they go away, so maybe Rick was just referring to the ones that were still open.