Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The SOCCER Thread 2012/2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6872 replies to this topic

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

Heard M'Vila has some attitude problems but don't know much about him as a player to be honest. Not going to get my hopes up about anyone, rumour is all of our remaining targets rely on the money from the Modric deal which is why Levy is holding out for as much money as possible.

Y'reckon it'll happen with Modric?

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

Heard M'Vila has some attitude problems but don't know much about him as a player to be honest. Not going to get my hopes up about anyone, rumour is all of our remaining targets rely on the money from the Modric deal which is why Levy is holding out for as much money as possible.

Y'reckon it'll happen with Modric?

Think its 50/50 atm, Modric only wants to go to Real so if they don't pay a bit more he wont be going anywhere, rumour is PSG made a 40 million bid but Modric said no.

I just hope if he does go its not another Berba deal where it is done with 5 mins to go leaving us with no time to sign anyone.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Chris1989

Chris1989

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • 13-March 09
I don't think it matters, AVB will upset a few players and fuck you up sooner or later.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Maybe, but a completely different situation then when he was at Chelsea, Abramovich told him to phase out the older players and it didn't work and likewise he didn't have the players to suit his system.

Being honest I wish Spurs had gone for Rogers or Moyes.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Chris1989

Chris1989

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • 13-March 09
Admittedly the situation is very different, but AVB showed a lack of tactical knowledge when he expected Terry to play a high line, and that Mikel and Lampard could play a fast passing game. (Di Matteo is making the same mistake)

The dressing room at Spurs has a few players that have Agents who will be looking for moves - Bale, Modric, Van der Vaart will all be linked with the exit door if things aren't running smoothly. I don't think AVB will handle meddling agents and the media well.

I think Moyes would have been a good choice. He is very good with his transfers and Everton really have punched above their weight in the past 10 years.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Bale signed a new contract shortly before AVB took over and VDV has committed his future as well, I will admit it though, if we fail to get CL football this year both of those will be off in the summer. That is why I think it is important to sell Modric sooner and strengthen for the future.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Chris1989

Chris1989

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • 13-March 09

Bale signed a new contract shortly before AVB took over and VDV has committed his future as well, I will admit it though, if we fail to get CL football this year both of those will be off in the summer. That is why I think it is important to sell Modric sooner and strengthen for the future.

Contracts are worth nothing these days, it's a sad situation. Modric signed a 6 year deal in May 2010, then in May 2011 he was ready to join Chelsea, now in May 2012 he was off to Madrid or Manchester.

Agents are behind a lot of it, which is why I think Bale and VDV's extensions mean nothing. A 10% slice of Bale moving to Barca for £45m would be a nice earner for an agent, far more than he will get from doing a few endorsements for football boots or clothing.

As an interesting side note, Xabi Alonso has just rejected a contract extension - he is signed until June 2014. Would you spuds fans would accept £20m plus Alonso for Modric?

Edited by Chris1989, 13 August 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Thats why I said its essential we finish in the top 4 this year otherwise both Bale and VDV will be off, but yeah agents are what is wrong with the game, just look at Anelka. His brothers were his agents and were responsible for many of his moves.

20 million and Alonso? No thanks, 25 million at least with Alonso maybe, that is nothing against Alonso but he isn't the kind of player we need at the moment, we need strikers not midfielders. I mean I would love to have him but not sure he would fit in the system :shrugs:

Now Arsenal or United should go for Alonso in my opinion.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
I'd fuckin love him for arsenal! Wonder why he ain't renewed with Real.

Edited by sugaraylen, 13 August 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
You've been linked with another striker from Malaga called Isco Suarez, looks like that is the end of RVP for sure.

6lfBCJD.jpg

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

You've been linked with another striker from Malaga called Isco Suarez, looks like that is the end of RVP for sure.

Yeah i do too. I reckon whoever RVP goes too might be like...a deciding factor in who wins the league. Well, it could be at least.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

Yeah i do too. I reckon whoever RVP goes too might be like...a deciding factor in who wins the league. Well, it could be at least.

In that case I will get on the phone to Levy to put in a cheeky bid :P

6lfBCJD.jpg

lukepowell1988

lukepowell1988

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • 05-September 11
i here llorente is going to be leaving bilboa i think he would fit in well at arsenal him or lewandowski

Guns "N" Roses !!!

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
i really really really really really don't wanna see Robin go to United. I don't even so much mind his going but not to United.

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04
I reiterate : Fuck off and take your glass legs with you. I don't even care where he goes.

Santi Cazorla looks the fucking bollocks.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users