Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The SOCCER Thread 2012/2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6872 replies to this topic

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

Might be worth it for a few quid plus Tello. I'm still getting over the RVP thing. Of all the fuckin' teams to sell him to :rolleyes: I'm starting to go about this a bit, aren't i? :lol: Just hate United. Like despise. Manchester United are the only thing in this world that i can honestly say i have a deep-seated personal hatred for. Horrible cunts.

Would you prefer it if he went to City? :lol:

By a fucking hair but yes. All that bollocks ahead of time about not selling him to a rival...and they sell him to arguably our biggest rivals, bollocks though, in the tradition of The Great GOAB, fuck him...and fuckin' Sir Red-faced Alex Jock and all. Good business sense though, almost covers the layout on our other purchases in one swoop and if in fact it does come to pass that last season does turn out to be his only really good season then we've done alright, i don't think that'll be the case though and the thing is, City ain't bought no one really, right? And the season last was decided by a fucking hair so, y'know, they don't really need him to be highest fuckin' scorer, even half of that'll do, coupled with Kagawa who, mark my fuckin words WILL score goals, the titles pretty much theirs.

Difference is Tevez will be there the whole season, he won them the title when he came back in March so I still think it will be very close.

Honestly 25 million for RVP with a year left on his contract is a great deal, most pundits said 15 million would be a good price for him considering he had only a year left so getting 25 million for him is a great deal, like you said it more or less covers your incomings this year.

Is Kagawa really that good? I saw highlights of a pre-season game and he scored and goal and set one up but am wondering how he would hack it in the Prem. Is he the replacement for Scholes United need?

6lfBCJD.jpg

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
He's not brilliant, he's not the carry the team type but you put him in the area with the ball and he'll fuckin' bury it, he's a fair supplier of goals to pad the tally of a good set of strikers, which Utd have already. Saw him all last season with Dortmund (i watch a lot of Bundesliga, La Liga and all that as well, a lot of thats to do with gambling but i really really just enjoy football as well so i end up watching a lot of times even when i ain't got money on) and he was fuckin' on point for them although, as you say, Premier League, different kettle of kittens innit?

And yeah, i forgot about the Tevez factor.

Edited by sugaraylen, 16 August 2012 - 05:43 AM.

ADPT

ADPT

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts
  • 05-May 07
The trouble for Arsenal is their board only seem interested in financial results as opposed to the ones they earn on the pitch. As long as that's the case they will lose people.

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

The trouble for Arsenal is their board only seem interested in financial results as opposed to the ones they earn on the pitch. As long as that's the case they will lose people.

The flipside of that is they ain't living on Arab Oil or whatever the fuck it is the Glazers make their money on so financial prudence is key to not sinking the club. Thats proper management, not here, have a fuckload of money, don't worry lads, plenty more where that came from, Wenger works for a living, a manager in the proper sense of the word. Yeah, Stan Kronke, the words tits on a boar come to mind.

But all that bullshit aside, all the "i hate united, wah wah wah" crap, i wish him well, i'm not one of those people that are about in the internet now going "i hope the cunt gets injured", thats just fuckin' wrong to wish suffering and injury to someone.

ADPT

ADPT

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts
  • 05-May 07

The flipside of that is they ain't living on Arab Oil or whatever the fuck it is the Glazers make their money on so financial prudence is key to not sinking the club. Thats proper management, not here, have a fuckload of money, don't worry lads, plenty more where that came from, Wenger works for a living, a manager in the proper sense of the word. Yeah, Stan Kronke, the words tits on a boar come to mind.

But all that bullshit aside, all the "i hate united, wah wah wah" crap, i wish him well, i'm not one of those people that are about in the internet now going "i hope the cunt gets injured", thats just fuckin' wrong to wish suffering and injury to someone.

I don't like the Glazers at all, they've heaped debt on the club. It's a shame because in some ways they're pretty astute businessmen.

Arsenal have been forced into prudence by the Emirates stadium deal. Wenger should be congratulated for keeping Arsenal at the top for so long but I wonder how long he can keep it up. Or maybe he just needs to be more pragmatic and learn to win ugly.

DizzyReedsexmachine

DizzyReedsexmachine

Senior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • 21-May 12

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:
Posted Image Posted Image

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08
Get in the MYGNR fantasy league, code is: 757387-190163

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

6lfBCJD.jpg

Coma16

Coma16

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,905 posts
  • 27-May 11
So will QPR finish top-5 this season?

#GuitarInHand

401914_10152867527845352_1449427467_n.jp

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,755 posts
  • 03-April 03

All that bollocks ahead of time about not selling him to a rival...and they sell him to arguably our biggest rivals

Are we still rivals though? Us and you had a good run for a while, but City and Chelsea are our rivals now.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

All that bollocks ahead of time about not selling him to a rival...and they sell him to arguably our biggest rivals

Are we still rivals though? Us and you had a good run for a while, but City and Chelsea are our rivals now.

I hear a lot of this but look, we finished 3rd and you lot finished second last season.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,755 posts
  • 03-April 03

I hear a lot of this but look, we finished 3rd and you lot finished second last season.

sure, but that 3rd spot could've gone to a couple of teams, it was up for grabs towards the end there...

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

sure, but that 3rd spot could've gone to a couple of teams, it was up for grabs towards the end there...

We've been consistently top 4 since 96/97 to this day, never no lower that 4th, it's not like last season was some kinda fluke here. I sorta see what you mean in the sense of thats kind of a pattern, at least in recent years of not being so much battlers for first place as United have been but Christ people are trying to narrow the margin a tad, the way i see it is if you finish first, the next two or three beneath you are your rivals or the people challenging for the same shit as yous from your league and we finished one beneath you last year in the fuckin league you play in and we went further for European honours than yous lot did.

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04

Pretty fair point but as a UTD fan you should know that writing us off is risky, the whole world appears to see us covered in a big cloud of doom but what happens if people are wrong?!

I'm not a doom merchant, I actually believe in getting rid of players without the right commitment. The team will be a stronger unit, something had to change. For too long we allowed ourselves to be about one man, Henry, Fab, RVP.

I can't imagine UTD being that one dimensional. You have the pressure of expectation and while I would love that I also think being under the radar can help teams.

Onwards and upwards and looking forward to what could be the very best premier league season ever.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Phase 1: Mackems! :lol:

DizzyReedsexmachine

DizzyReedsexmachine

Senior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • 21-May 12