Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The SOCCER Thread 2012/2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6872 replies to this topic

hans_moleman

hans_moleman

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • 20-December 08

Raul is leaving Real Madrid? Holy fuck...

Not surprising at all.

Mr_Oujamaflip

Mr_Oujamaflip

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • 24-September 05

Raul isn't leaving, Madrid diched him, wouldn't offer him a new contract.

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

Tater Totts

• SILVER
  • 12,376 posts
  • 22-November 08

Wrong.
He signed a contract for life in 2008 along with Casillas in 2008 which said aslong as they play 30 games a season it would automatically be renewed for another year if they want.
Raul played 39 games this season and if he wanted he could have stayed on. I am not saying Madrid didn't tell him he wasn't in their plans but he would have been offered a new contract if he wanted to stay.

6lfBCJD.jpg

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,736 posts
  • 03-April 03
Nobody except maybe Gento has given more to Real Madrid in history.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

rocketking

rocketking

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,208 posts
  • 27-February 03
This new rule about having only 25 players on a roster that can play in the first half of the season is proving to be a difficult situation for a couple clubs... especially the two Manchester clubs.
Posted Image

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04

This new rule about having only 25 players on a roster that can play in the first half of the season is proving to be a difficult situation for a couple clubs... especially the two Manchester clubs.

Its going to hit City far more, they will have no choice but to offload players for a very limited value or have them not playing football and decreasing the value by the day.

My impression was ManU were not going to be hugely hit by the quota?

Sure a large chunk are considered "home grown" by nature of age and time with UTD under a certain age?

The big problem will come when teams have set the squad and then sign in january, will the squad quota be able to be altered in accordance with new signings if those signings are not considered home grown and they would be considered extra?, sorry rk didn't realise the quota only applied to before the January transfer window

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK, 27 July 2010 - 02:34 PM.

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

Mr_Oujamaflip

Mr_Oujamaflip

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • 24-September 05

Wrong.
He signed a contract for life in 2008 along with Casillas in 2008 which said aslong as they play 30 games a season it would automatically be renewed for another year if they want.
Raul played 39 games this season and if he wanted he could have stayed on. I am not saying Madrid didn't tell him he wasn't in their plans but he would have been offered a new contract if he wanted to stay.

Hm, I seem to remember Sky Sports stating his contract was not going to be renewed for another year.

rocketking

rocketking

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,208 posts
  • 27-February 03

Its going to hit City far more, they will have no choice but to offload players for a very limited value or have them not playing football and decreasing the value by the day.

My impression was ManU were not going to be hugely hit by the quota?

Sure a large chunk are considered "home grown" by nature of age and time with UTD under a certain age?

The big problem will come when teams have set the squad and then sign in january, will the squad quota be able to be altered in accordance with new signings if those signings are not considered home grown and they would be considered extra?, sorry rk didn't realise the quota only applied to before the January transfer window

Yeah, City will definitely have the bigger names being impacted. Stephen Ireland, Bellamy, etc.... I was going over United's roster today and I think the only well known names that could be impacted are Fabio, Macheda, Anderson, Hargreaves, and Chicharito. And that's assuming we only go with 2 keepers.
Posted Image

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,736 posts
  • 03-April 03
Anyone watch the Man U./MLS game? Chicharito looked good. Nice goals from Kiko, Cleverley and Gibson.

Edited by moreblack, 29 July 2010 - 12:52 AM.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

rocketking

rocketking

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,208 posts
  • 27-February 03

Anyone watch the Man U./MLS game? Chicharito looked good. Nice goals from Kiko, Cleverley and Gibson.

I watched it... quite an entertaining match. Nice debut from Chicharito, and Cleverly's goal was just brilliant!
Posted Image

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• SILVER
  • 26,911 posts
  • 26-September 05
Agreed! Here's hoping this season...
Posted Image

axlfan88

axlfan88

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • 05-February 08

Fergie should hire that Chicharito guy, I saw him the other day scoring against MU, he's good.
:D
Guns N'Roses : Basel 1992, Seville 1992, Basel 1993
Axl's band : Leeds 2002, London 2002, Paris 2006.

Posted Image

Spoon87

Spoon87

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,957 posts
  • 21-September 04
Oh yeah, it's that time of the year again, finally!! :D

Today I'm at the stadium, watching my favourite team, Borussia Mönchengladbach play against Liverpool FC, my favourite English team! It's gonna be so fucking great!

I can't wait for Bundesliga kick off!
Mönchengladbach, 08/06/2012: GUNS 'N FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
North Koreas manager will have to work 14 hours a day on a building site for the flop in World Cup.

http://www.thesun.co...-Cup-flops.html

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07
KOP SUEY (sorry, I just had to)

Liverpool could be bought by a Chinese business tycoon within days, according to a source close to the deal.

Kenny Huang, head of Hong Kong-based investment company QSL Sports Ltd, wants to take full control of the Reds, who have been up for sale since April.

"A deal has to be done before the transfer window closes [on 31 August]," a source close to Huang told BBC Sport.

"Huang has made a firm proposal. The club's board has to sanction the sale and it could be sewn up in days."

Huang has been talking for several weeks to representatives of the Royal Bank of Scotland, with the aim of taking full control of the Premier League club.

RBS are Liverpool's main creditors, owed about £237m by American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

"Kenny is the only serious bidder interested in the club and he's optimistic," added the source.

Huang is offering to clear Liverpool's debt to RBS and hand new manager Roy Hodgson funds to do business in the transfer window.

The tycoon also plans to build the club a new stadium as soon as possible.

Huang was reported to have turned down the chance to buy Liverpool in 2008 because he felt a valuation of £650m was too high. BBC Sport understands he now values the club at about £350m.

Hicks and Gillett bought the Reds in February 2007 in a deal that valued the club at £218.9m - £44.8m of which were club debts.

But the American duo have endured a difficult time at Anfield, with supporters regularly voicing their dissatisfaction at the level of debt taken on by the club after their buyout.

Last October, several hundred Liverpool fans staged a protest march against the owners ahead of their Premier League match against Manchester United.

The board's popularity with the fans disintegrated further when Hicks' son, Tom Hicks Jr, became embroiled in a row with a supporter who alleged the American had sent him abusive emails.

As a result, Hicks Jr resigned as a director of the club and parent company Kop Holdings, leading to a restructure of the board.

Gillett and Hicks have also endured a fractious relationship with each other, which early on in their reign threatened to undermine their ownership with the former revealing the partnership had become "unworkable".

In 2008, Hicks blocked Gillett's moves to sell his 50% share to Dubai International Capital group as the pair feuded over future plans for the club.

An outright £500m takeover bid by the DIC group was also rebuffed, with Hicks hinting he would attempt an outright takeover bid himself.

They subsequently patched up their differences but took the decision less than four months ago to put the club up for sale, insisting there had been numerous expressions of interest in a buyout.

British Airways boss Martin Broughton was brought in as Liverpool chairman in April to facilitate the sale of the club and along with Hicks and Gillett is part of a five-man board at Liverpool that also includes chief executive Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre.

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users