Ticket Prices are ridiculous

Marky

It's really crazy when you look at it from the perspective that this is a new band. Old name but new band. They have released 1 mildly successful album. If the band was called The Axl Rose Experience instead of GnR would the prices still be this high? I doubt it. To me it illustrates that Axl is all about the money and could give a shit about the fans that enabled him to have his lifestyle.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think ticket prices for GNR are too high considering their stage, the pyro stuff, and the number of members in the band.

Go with a simpler stage, cut way down on the pyro, and cut the band size down to... I dunno, say... Five. If it's the right five, the tour will do great!!! :thumbsup:

£50 is just about the limit as far as ticket prices go for me. I certainly wouldn't pay much more to see any band.

The thing to consider with ticket prices is that the band isn't taking 100% profit from each ticket sold. When you take into account the production costs, paying band members, use of the arena, transportation costs, hiring of staff and so on £50 seems a lot more rational. After all, the concert has to make a profit somehow.

I'm from England but live in Australia now. I went to all the guns concerts in uk during 2006. Because tickets were a reasonable price. They have gone up though and I see what you mean. But its been 4 years and that shit happens. I'm happy I got it good here ... I pay $80 au (£40) and get tickets to watch the V8 supercar races all day and watch the gunners live at the huge ANZ stadium all included in that small price. Why

Can't England do that when we only have a small population over here with not as much finance?

I'm from England but live in Australia now. I went to all the guns concerts in uk during 2006. Because tickets were a reasonable price. They have gone up though and I see what you mean. But its been 4 years and that shit happens. I'm happy I got it good here ... I pay $80 au (£40) and get tickets to watch the V8 supercar races all day and watch the gunners live at the huge ANZ stadium all included in that small price. Why

Can't England do that when we only have a small population over here with not as much finance?

how good is it 80 bucks , i was willing to pay up to 300 bucks to see gnr oh well spare beer money

considering Gnr are a mediocre, irrelevant band these days.

It's a show for fans. You shouldn't go. You are going to waste your time.

Exactly, move on, spend your time on something positive. I don't know how you got 9000 posts on a forum of a band you dislike...

Somebody already referenced my post as 'the band being mediocre in the public's eyes', not my own, maybe read the thread first.

I like Guns, Im not obsessed though, Im the middle ground between the public and the fanboys, and I can tell you that the tickets are ridiculous.

I agree that £50 is pretty steep, especially like some people said considering the relevance of Guns today.

Saying that, they're my favourite band, and if I want to pay £50 to see my favourite band I will do, but I wouldn't pay this much to see anyone else.

Most concerts are getting pricey,including small venue/bar gigs (in a relative way).

People are getting selective about what they go see,they have to,and it's reflecting in MOST bands' tour attendance stats.

I shelled out big for three Waters shows,but that's because it's THE WALL.

I'll probably never do anything like that again...on that scale.

But I'm a little tired of bands fleecing fans for hundreds of dollars simply because they "have some original members" or put out a new "our best days are behind us" record on a regular basis.

If you take into account the facts of taking a band on tour these days...fuel,accomodations,food,venue rental and fees,hired security and local grunts etc. etc. etc. it gets insane.

I don't find GnR rates all that inflated,if a band does want to attempt to clear any sort of profit at the end of it all.

Somebody already referenced my post as 'the band being mediocre in the public's eyes', not my own, maybe read the thread first.

I like Guns, Im not obsessed though, Im the middle ground between the public and the fanboys, and I can tell you that the tickets are ridiculous.

But the prices are similiar to other bands, so it isn't ridiculous. You're exaggerating.

But the prices are similiar to other bands, so it isn't ridiculous. You're exaggerating.

I saw NIN at the same venue for their last UK date for about twenty quid less and they had the most ridiculous lighting rig ever seen.

I saw NIN at the same venue for their last UK date for about twenty quid less and they had the most ridiculous lighting rig ever seen.

Yet you can see Bon Jovi there with a simple rig for twice as much for the same tickets.

There is no consistency

Yet you can see Bon Jovi there with a simple rig for twice as much for the same tickets.

There is no consistency

This is true. But I don't care about Bon Jovi. Their fans are getting ripped off regardless.

However I do like Guns N Roses and I want them to play for free just for me because I definitely deserve it.

how much does U2 and The Stones charge for their tickets?

....exactly

Original members.

Still release music regularly.

Would sell out stadiums regardless of price.

GN'R will not sell out an arena let alone stadium if tickets are too expensive. And Standing tickets to see U2 at Wembley stadium were about 40 pounds.

doesnt matter IMO

If you care about your fans, you'd let ANY one of them come and see you

I can tell you that the tickets are ridiculous.

And I can tell you that you're ridiculous.

Yeah, the price might be more expensive than all the mediocre, shitty bands out there, that play the same old indie shit, but when you want to go see a legendary rock band you do tend to pay a bit more money. Look at Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, etc. It's "expensive" all around, you shouldn't be surprised, and I think considering what other bands have been charging, £50 isn't bad.

when you want to go see a legendary rock band you do tend to pay a bit more money. Look at Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, etc.

When I look at Aerosmith or Bon Jovi I see Joe Perry and Richie Sambora still with the band. I can promise you if they weren't in those bands, the ticket prices for those bands wouldn't be what they are.

Axl wants people to pay the premium that legendary acts with their famous line-up largely in tact charge (U2, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, the Stones) and that is part of the reason they haven't toured the U.S, and rarely play to packed houses.

Just for reference purposes, £50 is about $80 Dollars. That is hardly cheap.

I can see most gigs at the O2 or Wembley Arena/Stadium (The 3 biggest venues in London) for under £40. Like someone already said, there's no consistency.

I can tell you that the tickets are ridiculous.

And I can tell you that you're ridiculous.

Yeah, the price might be more expensive than all the mediocre, shitty bands out there, that play the same old indie shit, but when you want to go see a legendary rock band you do tend to pay a bit more money. Look at Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, etc. It's "expensive" all around, you shouldn't be surprised, and I think considering what other bands have been charging, £50 isn't bad.

I take it that you're under the opinion that: Same Old Indie Shit = Anything that isn't Classic Rock. That's fine, but don't try to justify the prices because they're legendary, or whatever.

50 bucks.

Damn the OP is cheap.

I'm an 18 year old student, in a crappy part time job, on minimum wage, trying to balance a personal life in which I have to haul my arse to places like, hmm let's see, the hospital, where my Mother is currently laid up having had a serious operation. And then there's transport to college/uni, which obviously during these months I don't have to pay, but will do come September, seeing as my Dad is too fucking broke to provide, and I can't get support for it. Please, do not criticise me for being 'cheap'.