Facebook movement to get Axl Rose on Larry King

doakes

If Axl does it, it's going to be because he knows he's about to get a lot of irrelevant questions. The late late night shows like Kimmel, Ferguson and Fallon make more sense. Maybe Axl and Jay have hung out at racing events, and would feel comfortable with softball questions. Maybe he likes Dave's show, but to me Kimmel has the best setup for live music. Stewart and Colbert would be good, too.

But most of the time Jay and Dave just have the music guests on and they play. Pearl Jam did something for their fans a while back, when they were on Letterman, when Dave's show ended, they did a webcast for the fans from the theater. This is the Ed Sullivan Theater, that everyone got to see the Beatles for the first time on TV. So there's that "playing where the greats played" factor to Dave's theater.

The Motley Crue interview with Larry King, lots of ball busting by the band.

People go on Larry because CNN covers hundeds of countries, but he's an interviewer you have to take with a grain of salt because he asks irrelevant questions and starts bringing up his friendship with Sinatra. When he had the Beatles on, he called Ringo "George".

GNR on Larry King - In Axl's position, I'd send the members of the band on and call in. Give them some face time, right?

geez why Larry? the only thing going for him is his mass media coverage. He's a crap talk show host when it comes down to it.. barely does his homework & has accumulated some embarrasing faulties over the years. Let Axl do what he wants with the interviewer of his choice for ultimate results.

Like Prince wisely chose Tavis Smiley to interview him.. he spoke about things NO other person has been able to get out of him in all his years in the business. When Ted Bundy chose James Dobson to talk with during his last days in prison, he made statements no other interviewer would have given him the time for. 2 extreme characters, but you get the point.

Larry King is a terrible, terrible interviewer. And Colbert or Stewart would totally destroy him, those are two witty bastards you don't want to fuck with.

Get him on Leno, or Kimmel. Letterman could work, hell Fallon is a big GN'R fan - that could work too.

In actuality though, I'd cringe to see Axl on any one of these shows..

Im not sure the guy would make good interview material, a lot has happened in his life to make himself feel more isolated from normality.The Kurt Loader interviews were very relaxed and cool and you got the impression any question would have been answered................. now?

Plus i think he felt he needed to justify shit back then, now he doesn't seem to give a fuck when anybody outside his trusted friends and family think of him or his choices.I would love to see him do an interview with Jon Stewart, his take on politics may be quite funny

Larry King is older than god for heaven's sake. Man, if there was ever a bad show to go on, that would be it. Fallon though, that's where he should go. Have The Roots do Sweet Child O' Mine with him singing or something like that. Actually, there is a tour that should happen! Guns N' Roses and The Roots! Okay, maybe not, but that would be an INSANE show!

Anyway, screw Larry King. The first time he stuttered or said something stupid I'd hope Axl would ask if he needed to go change his Depends.

I love all these groups called "one million strong to [x]" or "10 million in support of [y]" or "I bet we can find 2,000,000 people who like [z]". Most of them have only a couple hundred members, at best.

Oh, and this will never happen.

Colbert and Stewart are comedians, not journalist. Most of their interviews are written by a team of writers. I wouldn't want to see Axl on either one of those of shows.

Leno, Letterman, or Fallon, wouldn't be a good choice either, imo. The interview would be unbelievablely safe (think Ron's interviews), and would last maybe 3-5 minutes.

King may be old, but he's still a pretty decent interviewer. He at least will ask a "tough" question and isn't afraid to follow that question up with another "toughie" if the person who he is interviewing gives him some rope.

Edited by SunnyDRE