I want Axl MY WAY !!

gnfnr2006

I just cant keep my silence any longer..

All these people on here who say Axl needs to do this, Axl needs to do that.. He needs to start the shows at this time, he needs honor the start time of his contract(which the people commenting havent seen).

Who are YOU that you should be telling Axl what he should do?

Why are you a Guns N Roses fan? I know why I am - because in the late 80's and early 90's Axl and the guys didnt bend for anyone! If you didn't like they way they were doing things, thats just too damned bad! Get on the bus or get off. Its that never back down, do what I WANT TO DO mentality that got most people into the band. You either liked them for who they were, or you didnt! But nobody was going to change because its what the "fans" want.

But now...

Everyone here wants Axl to be what and who they want him to be. How about just accepting that Axl is the same person he has been for a looong time. And if you dont like it, thats too bad! Quit trying to change the man and tell him how to act, and just accept him how he is.

If you dont like it, you dont have to follow him.

I like my Axl just the way he is, imperfections and all. If he changed to what I thought he should be, then he wouldnt be Axl Rose anymore !! And if he changed to who YOU wanted him to be, then he wouldn't be Axl Rose.

If you had "friends" that every time you went around them, they tried to change you into who they wanted you to be, do you think you would continue to go around them? I know that coming here and reading all these opinions that everyone knows whats best for Axl, it makes me sick and I rarely ever come here any more, and its not even me that everyone is talking about. If it was ME you were talking about, I'd get a registry of this place and make sure than nobody from here was allowed inside the show.

If you dont like the late start times, don't buy tickets.

Maybe Axl doesnt care if only 5000 people show up?

The man is trying to express who HE is, and if you dont like it, then dont go to the show.

He ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH ANY PRODUCT HE/SHE BUYS BEFORE HE/SHE BUYS IT.

DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT MAYBE AXL TELLS THE PROMOTORS HE WONT BE ON UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND THEY PUT WHATEVER TIME THEY WANT ON THE TICKET ANYWAY??

Edited by gnfnr2006

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People slag him off because he deserves it.

Nobody else announces concert dates, posts that they're cancelled on their Twitter page after fans have spent a fortune on tickets/travel arrangements, and doesn't give any reason as to why.

Axl acts like a selfish twat.

I agree with most of what you say, gnfnr. Slash, Axl and Steven in early interviews bragged about doing whatever they wanted. Slash and Steven even said it in their autobios. Well, that's what they ended up hating about Axl, he continued to do just that.

However, I draw the line when you make a committment with a fan to buy a ticket and deliver a concert, then leave them hanging as to whether that concert will happen when many also have to buy distance travel and accomodations to fulfill their end of the committment.

So yes, I love that about Axl and it's what keeps it all interesting, but no, it's not fair to go that far with fans.

People slag him off because he deserves it.

Nobody else announces concert dates, posts that they're cancelled on their Twitter page after fans have spent a fortune on tickets/travel arrangements, and doesn't give any reason as to why.

Axl acts like a selfish twat.

I can see why you and many feel he acts like a selfish twat, and i tend to think hat way now as well, but the truth is, all the " you owe it to your fans to be blah blah blah" is nothing more than marketing big business bullshit. Fact is, he can do what ever the fuck he wants to, any artist can, its just up to them to which degree they sell themselves out. we all know Axl is a LOT OF THINGS, but a sell out is at the bottom of any list of his characteristics.

Your argument sounds suspiciously like a post from someone who hasn't spent their hard-earned cash to see the band live, only to see it all be thrown into turmoil because of a fucking social networking website.

Oh, you guys are right! His account got hacked and he's a jerk because of it.

I for one paid to see the show twice in 2006. Matter of fact, I drove 8 hours and paid for a hotel room for the second show. And I did it KNOWING they cancel shows! Nothing is ever guaranteed with GNR, just as you are not guaranteed a tomorrow!

Once again, if you are buying a product - a concert ticket - you should know what you are investing it. Is the band reliable? No. Do they show up late? Yes. Do they can cancel shows with no notice? Yes.

Deal with it ! OIr dont buy it !! It is what it is !!

He ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH ANY PRODUCT HE/SHE BUYS BEFORE HE/SHE BUYS IT.

DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT MAYBE AXL TELLS THE PROMOTORS HE WONT BE ON UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND THEY PUT WHATEVER TIME THEY WANT ON THE TICKET ANYWAY??

this.

both times he came to Edmonton, it was all over the radio that it was going to be late, and the city announced that they would run the train for everyone to get home, as late as needed, even though the ticket said 8PM. in 06, the train ran until 2am, just for the show, rather than midnight, or 1230 when it regularly shuts down.

I usually agree...

But don't you think that considering his history of cancelling entire tours and how many people booked flights, trains, hotels, tickets for the upcoming dates, that he could make an effort and type the four following words "Tour is NOT cancelled !" on this forum or anywhere else ?

How much time would it take ? Twenty seconds ? I know all he's got is precious time, but come on...

Guest RonMexico82

I couldn't give a shit about him being late. I do care however when Axl's twitter account says the tour is cancelled and the management make a complete cock up off the subsequent media and fan frenzy.

I shelled out almost €200 in the middle of the worst recession in my nations history because I wanted to see my favourite band and escape the mind numbing depression that is life in this shithole of a place, just a few fucking hours of enjoyment, in what has otherwise being a disaster of a fucking year in my life. I don't think I deserve anything other than a good show but that also means that as a fan I don't deserve to being treated with contempt by WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CLARIFYING THESE FUCKING THINGS.

A cryptic facebook update is not ACCEPTABLE or ADEQUATE especially when Axl's twitter status has yet to change. An official press release is the LEAST they could do.

this.

both times he came to Edmonton, it was all over the radio that it was going to be late, and the city announced that they would run the train for everyone to get home, as late as needed, even though the ticket said 8PM. in 06, the train ran until 2am, just for the show, rather than midnight, or 1230 when it regularly shuts down.

Amen, Its my understanding that when I saw the show in Baltimore that he personally paid a fine for playing after midnight because the city has a midnight cutoff time. Is it true? I dont know. But it woudnt surprise me, and its surely fits with the rest of the puzzle very nicely. He's going to do what he wants, when he wants, and he's willing to pay the price to do so!

Thats why I became a fan.

this.

Come on...Do you really think that this is NORMAL ?

That the city and train workers have to work later just so one person can have it his way ? This is crazy...

For the record, I don't give a fuck that he's late because if I go to a GnR concert I know what to expect, but the fact that some people who don't actually benefit from the concert have to work later just so he can show up late, that's incredible.

As you know, im one of Axl's biggest defenders on this forum, but I think this is one of the most unreasonable things he has ever done. You cant just put out a twitter message, hacked or not, and not put out either a clear public message on facebook or not put out a press statement. It's just idiotic at that point, we are FANS. We want to know what is going on, we dont like to worry.

this.

but not every city is gonna put on late trains when GNR play and neither should they. GNR are contracted to play for example on 28th August, but they actually end up playing in the early hours of 29th August because they go on so late. I was at the Hammersmith gig in London in 2006 when the crowds were booing because GNR didn't take the stage until gone 12 - many people were stranded and couldn't get home - that's rediculous!!!!! Axl doesn't give a fuck about his fans!

I couldn't give a shit about him being late. I do care however when Axl's twitter account says the tour is cancelled and the management make a complete cock up off the subsequent media and fan frenzy.

I shelled out almost €200 in the middle of the worst recession in my nations history because I wanted to see my favourite band and escape the mind numbing depression that is life in this shithole of a place, just a few fucking hours of enjoyment, in what has otherwise being a disaster of a fucking year in my life. I don't think I deserve anything other than a good show but that also means that as a fan I don't deserve to being treated with contempt by WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CLARIFYING THESE FUCKING THINGS.

A cryptic facebook update is not ACCEPTABLE or ADEQUATE especially when Axl's twitter status has yet to change. An official press release is the LEAST they could do.

They contacted THIS WEBSITE and CLARIFIED IT !!!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166899

this.

Come on...Do you really think that this is NORMAL ?

That the city and train workers have to work later just so one person can have it his way ? This is crazy...

For the record, I don't give a fuck that he's late because if I go to a GnR concert I know what to expect, but the fact that some people who don't actually benefit from the concert have to work later just so he can show up late, that's incredible.

of course they benefit. they get paid double time, if you think a person isn't happy about being paid double time, you're crazy.

Edited by axlstud

Why are you a Guns N Roses fan? I know why I am - because in the late 80's and early 90's Axl and the guys didnt bend for anyone!

That's fine to not bend for anyone, and in fact is admirable, but during those 6 glory years they released 4 albums, toured extensively and as a result had a global following. Tours were announced which would span years, which each leg lasting 6 months or more. Sure he went on late and a show here and there was canceled or stopped early, but the trade off was that GNR were on tour and available for all to see. Now we get jack shit from a has been who's past his prime. The balls on him...

Guest RonMexico82

They contacted THIS WEBSITE and CLARIFIED IT !!!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166899

Don't be so fucking naive. You know why they contacted Eric by phone? Because if this cancellation turns out to be true it is easier to shaft him and deny it. You can't deny a proper press release in print published on an accepted music outlet like Billboard or Rolling Stone.

Alright, how would you like to work 3 more hours tomorrow so Justin Bieber can do an uber cool concert in your town ? He might show up late, but that's ok.

If I had to work 3 more hours, Id consider the families in this world that are homeless, starving and watching their children die of starvation and from diseases that a simple immunization would fix. Then I would consider all the people in the US and other countries that are unemployed, and going hungry and I would THANK GOD that I have a job.

Then I would wonder Im posting thousands of posts per year on a bands message boards that I complain about, instead of seeing what I can do to help the people around me.

:thumbsup:

Alright, how would you like to work 3 more hours tomorrow so Justin Bieber can do an uber cool concert in your town ? He might show up late, but that's ok.

sure, what do I care if that 3 hours is gonna make me $200

Yeah, well, I don't like to work to cover other people's unprofessionalism but that's just me.

gnfnr2006 is absolutely right. Axl Rose never asked any of you to be a Guns N' Roses fan. Never.

Are you kidding? We are fans because we like the music, give him money, see his shows, and buy his albums. I dont care if he never asked, where would he be without fans? We want clear answers, that's all. And it's sad when even your lead guitarist barely knows what is going on, it's dumb, it's nonconstructive, and is bad publicity.

However, I still take Axl's side over Slash.....lol.

gnfnr2006 is absolutely right. Axl Rose never asked any of you to be a Guns N' Roses fan. Never.

Are you kidding? We are fans because we like the music, give him money, see his shows, and buy his albums. I dont care if he never asked, where would he be without fans? We want clear answers, that's all. And it's sad when even your lead guitarist barely knows what is going on, it's dumb, it's nonconstructive, and is bad publicity.

I know that. But is your choose to be a fan. Axl never came to any of you and said "WAIT FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY, DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES TO COME OUT!". Everybody just waited because it was their choice. You can leave been a fan anytime you want. We don't need any negative comments, if you don't like the band, fuck off (Im not refering to you Cdlove, I like you budd). Of course, sometimes, due to GNR lack of action and info, the boards would be lame without all the Slash ass-kissers shit, but Axl Rose never asked you to be a Guns N' Roses fan. Never.

Edited by ManetsBR

So that's your answer then ?

Don't be a fan if you can't take a little cancellation or being left in the dark while losing money ?

Nice. You have high standards I see.

I don't care that the next album is delayed, I don't care that Axl is showing up late, I don't care that he's not doing any promotion, I don't care that the band is a revolving door.

I do care when Axl's behavior costs me money.

Edited by The Glow Inc.