why is axl still touring chinese democracy?

Myke Hawk

why is axl still touring chinese democracy? ten years is a long f'n time to tour ANY one album! i'm sure that i'm not the only one who thinks that these chinese democracy tours are starting to get a little stale. and before anyone bashes me for being honest, i just want to say that i don't think that it's unfair of me, as a fan, to wish that a band that i liked was a little more productive and ambitious. touring behind one album for ten years and fifteen studio tracks in seventeen years leaves ALOT to be desired!

why is axl still touring chinese democracy? ten years is a long f'n time to tour ANY one album! i'm sure that i'm not the only one who thinks that these chinese democracy tours are starting to get a little stale. and before anyone bashes me for being honest, i just want to say that i don't think that it's unfair of me, as a fan, to wish that a band that i liked was a little more productive and ambitious. touring behind one album for ten years and fifteen studio tracks in seventeen years leaves ALOT to be desired!

You've got a very valid point. It's all CD, all the time on WGNR.

Did HV not warn you yesterday? Thought you had enough fun at your forum, guess not...

Hi BBA.

nope but another assclown....

because that is all there is.

Did HV not warn you yesterday? Thought you had enough fun at your forum, guess not...

Hi BBA.

why was he banned anyway? also, why was nintari banned?

10 yrs? The album was released in October 2008 and I came to like GNR that year. In fairness to new fans and the new generation we want this CD to be heard in the whole world. I bought the CD but I've never seen GNR or any kind of promotion the whole year after releasing the CD. Let's enjoy this moment for a while. rock3

10 yrs? The album was released in October 2008 and I came to like GNR that year.

but this is not the first cd tour...

10 yrs? The album was released in October 2008 and I came to like GNR that year.

it is to him and many more

Hi BBA.

i got a warning yesterday, but the guy who warned me called me JB, so i'm assuming he thinks i'm someone else. i'm a first time member here, so if you're implying i'm someone from the past, you are wrong. btw, who you calling assclown you pencil neck looking geek? how about staying on the thread's discussion instead of playing some hard ass that you are not.

Edited by Myke Hawk

with that rationale, he should never make a new album, cos chinese democracy is always going to be new to somebody.

because CD was released in 2008. The tour started in Dec. 2009 and has gone and is still going on now.

/thread

I for one love the different eras (2001-2002, 2006-2007, 2009-2010) we've had of new GNR as a result of the delay of CD.

and your not "being honest" as u say. you're just stating your opinion, much like i've stated mine.

because CD was released in 2008. The tour started in Dec. 2009 and has gone and is still going on now./

CD tour started in 2001; and if you've been to different legs of the tour...you've basically been hearing the same 20-25 songs for 10 years.

i think that was the point the op was trying to make.

I don't care if I see the same songs performed more than once. It's still awesome to go to a show, especially more than one, in my opinion.

not the point. why make excuses? i don't think there's anything wrong with saying that touring behind one album for 10 years can become stale. i think if 10 random people were polled, 10 random people would agree that it sounds ridiculous. this band's unwillingness to create music and tour behind it doesn't make them badasses in my book. i think it's a shame if ANY artist would expect ANY fan to be happy with these results.

Edited by Myke Hawk

because CD was released in 2008. The tour started in Dec. 2009 and has gone and is still going on now./

CD tour started in 2001; and if you've been to different legs of the tour...you've basically been hearing the same 20-25 songs for 10 years.

i think that was the point the op was trying to make.

That is true.

However GNR are still on the CD tour because of the album release in 2008.

They wouldnt be if it was released years earlier. Axl said somewhere, way back, that once the album was released theyd be promoting it on tour for a couple years after. So, regardless of what year it is, he's sticking to the orginal plan.

It's hard to argue against the OP. A band shouldn't be touring the same album for 8 years no matter what. It's just that most people let that eat away at them instead of enjoying the music and living their lives....

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

with that rationale, he should never make a new album, cos chinese democracy is always going to be new to somebody.

Simply because the DEMAND is VERY HIGH. Event Promoters are looking for GNR, some shows were sold out in a matter of hours/days.

Judging with the various youtubes, Axl is happier than ever with the nuGNR lineup. So let Axl enjoy this CD tour and so the new fans. rock3

I don't care if I see the same songs performed more than once. It's still awesome to go to a show, especially more than one, in my opinion.

not the point. why make excuses? i don't think there's anything wrong with saying that touring behind one album for 10 years can become stale. i think if 10 random people were polled, 10 random people would agree that it sounds ridiculous. this band's unwillingness to create music and tour behind it doesn't make them badasses in my book. i think it's a shame if ANY artist would expect ANY fan to be happy with these results.

:rolleyes:

How many bands are touring that havent released music in 20 years? Oh wait, I forgot AC/DC did release an album that sounded like every other album for the last 20 years. My bad.

Fact is: There are people that have never seen Axl Rose perform, and want to do so. They could call it the AFD tour, and people would still go. Quit complaining and hating and do something positive with yourself, instead of bitching and moaning about some that

A. ultimately doesnt matter

B. no one wants to hear you bitch about

C. you cant do anything about

D. is exactly what Axl said would happen afters the release of CD

E . should I go on?

:rolleyes: