Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

It's already August 27th in Reading. If you want to know what time it is there, http://www.timeandda...ity.html?n=1324

The festival opens in 15 hours. Guns N' Roses are scheduled to hit the stage at 9:30 p.m. It remains to be seen whether that is upheld by, and if it isn't will the show be cut? We'll see. This is arguably the biggest show for the band since Download 2006 or the 2002 VMA's.

All setlist updates and things of that nature should be posted in here to keep everything organized. Once the live feed is up, we'll spread it in this thread for everyone (provided there is one). I have to say I'm pretty excited about this show. Not because I think GN'R is going to throw something like DTJ or Civil War into the setlist, but because of the exposure at this particular festival. It's quite a legendary place. Also, it's worth noting, this will be Axl's first appearance since the Twitter incident. Will he mention it?

btw, who on this forum is attending?

SETLIST:

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Solo

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Axl Piano Solo (Another Brick In The Wall Pt. II / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

Nightrain

*SOUND GETS CUT, AUDIENCE CHANTS TO LET THEM PLAY. WHOLE BAND IN THE CROWD*

Last two songs done acoustically, with Axl on a megaphone (Not full versions)

Better

Paradise City

Edited by GNR 1991

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, looks like footage will be shown tomorrow on The BBC.

The BBC have a history of fucking up though. They promised footage of Eminem at T in the Park the night he played. Turned out they never had permission to being with.

Took them days to come through with the rights.

Let's hope everythings cool with Axl and management

Correct, looks like footage will be shown tomorrow on The BBC.

The BBC have a history of fucking up though. They promised footage of Eminem at T in the Park the night he played. Turned out they never had permission to being with.

Took them days to come through with the rights.

Let's hope everythings cool with Axl and management

I posted this in another thread, but I found this on the bbc website. Good news for our UK friends!:

Press the red button on digital TV to watch up to 3 streams of music during Reading & Leeds weekend. You can watch extended sets from more than 30 bands, featuring Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire and the long awaited return of The Libertines. Acts from the Main and NME/Radio 1 stages will be joined by performances from the BBC Introducing Stage.

Join us the week afterwards as well for highlights of the very best performances of the festival.

Press RED between 7pm and 2am Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the festival and from 6am on Monday for highlights.

I'll be leaving soon, seems as though Reading is very wet and muddy! Doesn't bother me as I'll be seeing GUNS N' F'N ROSES! WAHOO! :D [And I have a hotel for the night,no camping for me :P ]

So stoked for this, will be my first GN'R show. Have fun everybody else that's going and I hope the BBC show some if not all their set so other people can watch it and we'll finally have some pro shot footage of the 09/10 tour.

Fingers crossed on this one.

Really hope everything goes well :scared:

Gonna be a loooong night on MYGNR.

I've persuaded for all my friends to come over and watch it.

Also persuaded another 10 or so to watch it tonight. Hopefully Axl is on form to blow them away :thumbsup:

Also persuaded another 10 or so to watch it tonight. Hopefully Axl is on form to blow them away :thumbsup:

Is it definitely on TV? yeah?

BBC3 have been advertising it this week man, so I'd imagine so. Unless they get denied when Axl arrives on site, but hopefully that won't happen B)

Looks like it if they hit the stage before 12.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tl049

Edith Bowman and Reggie Yates present live coverage of the first day of the Reading Festival high up in their treehouse overlooking the main arena. All being well, Axl Rose will have allowed the best possible view to experience the live rock and roll extravaganza that is Guns N' Roses as they headline the main stage. Plus highlights from sets by LCD Soundsystem, Queens of the Stone Age, Phoenix, Biffy Clyro and much more.