GN'R @ Reading Pro-Shot Highlights on BBC

ManetsBR

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can watch online: BBC - GUNS N'ROSES Video Highlights

Welcome to the Jungle, Axl's sounds like he could use extra oxygen.

This is the 1st decent video of 'The Blues' since Rio all those years ago. I still rate the Rio performance as the best by the new line up.

Appetite for Destruction

High drama and low cunning at Reading Festival on Friday. Guns N' Roses took to the Main stage late, but delivered a bombastic run through their greatest hits and numbers from their Chinese Democracy album. The performance featured much loved favourites including Welcome to the Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy and November Rain and no small amount of pyrotechnics.

Having come onstage over an hour late, it was unlikely the band would complete an epic 25 track set list. At midnight, event organisers were forced to invoke a Council-imposed curfew, which prompted complaints from Axl Rose and threats of the band's non-appearance at the Leeds festival the following night. Guns 'N Roses headline performance ended in the bizarre sight of the band staging a sit-down protest while drummer Frank Ferrer repeatedly played the intro to Paradise City and Axl wielded a megaphone. A compelling spectacle from one of the world's most controversial rocks bands.

Edited by star

I fucking got it to work!!!!!!!

go to your browser preferences and set it to use a proxy. put in IP: 81.144.176.136 and port 80 and it will think your from the UK so it will allow you to watch the video!

Where do you find browser preferences?

go to your browser preferences and set it to use a proxy. put in IP: 81.144.176.136 and port 80 and it will think your from the UK so it will allow you to watch the video!

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings button > Check the "Use a proxy server..." box and enter the IP and port hitmanhart408 posted > OK

Should be working now...

November Rain:

The guitar solo just before the main solo is terrible, and sounds like some vague attempt.

I don't think it's Dj Ash playing it either, it could well be the guy with black hair.

Credit to Bumblefoot, for the finnal solo, as that was ok (in a Buckethead sort of way).

That's 3 guitarists doing the work of 1 ex guitarist. None of them sounded as good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/gunsnroses/

Axl sounds alot better on the slow songs like November Rain.

If there is a new album. Slow songs might be the way to go.

Edited by star

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings button > Check the "Use a proxy server..." box and enter the IP and port hitmanhart408 posted > OK

Should be working now...

Just did that but it's still not working. :( Thanks anyways.

Nah, Axl sounds amazing on the fast songs in the studio. The vocals aren't as good on the faster songs live because he's busy running all over the place putting on a great show. It's be coool if he'd tone down the acrobatics sometimes and focus more on the vocals but what do I know. The man is by far the most energetic, charismatic frontman I've ever seen.

Should be working now...

Refresh the website? Open a new browser window?

Should be working now...

Refresh the website? Open a new browser window?

I used IE instead of Firefox. That worked. Thanks. :thumbsup: Gonna watch now.

Should be working now...

I just did tools -> options -> advanced -> Connection settings -> entered ip and port

Edited by ChapelRoses

Should be working now...

Thanks a lot for your explanations mates, works great!!

Damn these proshots take my breath away, especially Street of dreams and This I love. This band is fucking TIGHT!!!

imagine how much pro shot footage uncle Axl has at home... and none of us are allowed it. i think thats kind of unfair considering we fund the band lol haha 25 years of footage and all we get is a few official and unofficial dvd's. now thats why i have every bootleg available on the net!!! maybe bbc can stop being assjockeys and show the rest of the concert so we can watch something we are usually deprived of

imagine how much pro shot footage uncle Axl has at home... and none of us are allowed it. i think thats kind of unfair considering we fund the band lol haha 25 years of footage and all we get is a few official and unofficial dvd's. now thats why i have every bootleg available on the net!!! maybe bbc can stop being assjockeys and show the rest of the concert so we can watch something we are usually deprived of

WORD

Should be working now...

The proxy setup above works for Internet Explorer. If you're using Firefox, Safari or other browsers check the Tools/Options/Advanced/Settings/ then apply the Manual Proxy Config.

Awesome! Fortus played the solo very well!

i dont agree, everytime i hear him play that solo i think it sounds brutal, his bends always sound out, compair that to ashba and ron playing the other solos and he sounds even worse

I agree with this. This is why Slash is underrated from a technical standpoint, his mastery of bends is just something else. But seeing Fortus screw up the solo makes me feel like a more competent guitarist cos I can never get it right either! :rofl-lol: