Guns N'Roses in Rome - September 4th 2010

Twinaleblood

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of set lists it is a balancing act, they need the crowd favourites, people would bitch and moan so fucking hard if the cut songs and replaced them with CD songs, the only option is to play a longer set and leave at 2 am :rofl-lol:

The crowd looked fucking great which must have made the band feel good after recent events but they really didn't commit to the mosh pit, they seemed really unsure about doing it so it was really a few guys arsing about :lol:

Glad it was a good show with no incidents, every day DJ gets cooler in my book

every day DJ gets cooler in my book

buckets studio work is awesome, ashba hasn't had the chance to contribute so lets put that aspect aside for a moment.

as far as the touring show goes, ashba is the best thing to happen to gnr in 25 years, since slash.

he had to win me over, but he did it, as he has with many others. he is great.

i think he has also helped bumblefoots place on the stage. i always found bumble a bit boring (not a knock, he does his thing, and its great) and felt the band needed another guitarist with a lot of charisma to take the attention, let ron do his thing, i.e. secret weapon. rons got his role, he plays the crazy bucket stuff, he is our guitar nerd. then the band needs a "badass" rock n roll guitarist to ham it up. robin didnt quite do the job, despite his best orgasmic faces, but ashba has nailed it. most people seem very impressed by him, especially casual fans who go into show to see "axl rose and ...his band"

not sure how this tandem will do in the studio but the live show is the best yet.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Yeah, Ashba might be a Slash copycat but honnestly, when he's on a stage, you notice him.

A real entertainer, a great guitarist ( he was not so good back in Taipei, now he's almost flawless ), and he seems like a lot of fun to hang with.

And yes, Ron looks way more comfortable with him than he was with Robin. With Robin, as much as I love him on his own, it was a free for all, which wasn't too good for Ron since he's not into acting like a rockstar.

Now the lineup has a very good balance.

he said as he wiped the shit off of his nose not realizing that it was the other way around... you bring your circus to my town and be fucking thankful I choose to spend my entertainment dollar to see you. selfish fans HAHAHAHAHHAAAA do you curtsy and bow when Axl walks out on stage or do you go directly to your knees?

Of course not. Don't be silly. I just kiss his ring and pay alms to his glory. Jeez.

Seems like the Italians know how to ROCK!!:

Paradise city with crazy mosh pit going-

What a fucking crowd!! What a performance!!

Holy Shit......that was awesome. gave me the chills.............they gotta hits the states!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf ??? how did DJ go up so high omg ?

What a fucking crowd!! What a performance!!

Holy Shit......that was awesome. gave me the chills.............they gotta hits the states!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf ??? how did DJ go up so high omg ?

I know, right? it was so cool. The band looks so comfortable with each other and the crowd looks great. Keep it going like this!

SO many empty seats :(

SOLD OUT show. Sorry try again.

Try again for what?

I didn't see that the show was sold out. Very cool. I didn't check all the info. Clicked the link, saw the empty seats. Felt bad.

SO many empty seats :(

SOLD OUT show. Sorry try again.

Try again for what?

I didn't see that the show was sold out. Very cool. I didn't check all the info. Clicked the link, saw the empty seats. Felt bad.

There are only empty seats behind the stage...this is very common for an arena show. The show was sold out, so no reason for feeling bad.

8 minutes earlier than Dublin. Difference is Rome is ready to rock.

God I get more ashamed by the day.

Dublin was also ready to rock u misinformed asshole...we dont let people get away with fuckin around with us thats all..Axl met his match..the reason 06 went well is he came on stage on time

Dublin was also ready to rock u misinformed asshole...we dont let people get away with fuckin around with us thats all..Axl met his match..the reason 06 went well is he came on stage on time

your loss you impatient irish bottle throwing mofos.... :thumbsup: (joke)

lol so you bottle people in the face? Sorry, but that's not an artist "meeting their match" - that's drunks in the crowd behaving badly. And why this is in the Rome thread...

great showing Rome!