Prague 27th September 2010

danmak

Loved when axl came to ashba from behind (while he was playing at the right end of the stage) with a huge grin on his face, caught him and shaked him pretty hard ..haha poor Dj probably already seen himself face down under the stage :lol:

I saw that, it was funny as hell :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved when axl came to ashba from behind (while he was playing at the right end of the stage) with a huge grin on his face, caught him and shaked him pretty hard ..haha poor Dj probably already seen himself face down under the stage :lol:

I saw that, it was funny as hell :lol:

he did something similar to Fortus at the Belgrade show:D

I'm back from Prague. Amazing show, Amazing Axl,Amazing GNR. Everything was perfect. Ok maybe the 2 hours delay was a little shitty, but I count with that, so for me not a big problem. When the show started you forget every pain and every bad moments.

I was lucky and was on the second row near the ego ramp.

Girls, Axl looks so damm good in life. Not so overweight as in pictures, super in shape, hot and sexy :wub:

Amazing strong voice. For me much better then in 2006 when I saw him in Warsaw. For me he sounds right know like in the 92 in Cologne when I saw GNR for the first time. OK, maybe the voice is not exactly so clear as in the '92 but a lot of people like this screeching :)

Again I know that my love for GNR is absolutely well-grounded.

Funny faux pas from Axl: he get a flag from DJ during KOHD and wears over his shoulders for a moment. Well the Czechs thoughts WTF, because it was a Polish flag :lol:

For me as a polish fan was this very satisfied, hahaha

you can see this here 2:35 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc531pP_bYY

pictures later

Funny faux pas from Axl: he get a flag from DJ during KOHD and wears over his shoulders for a moment. Well the Czechs thoughts WTF, because it was a Polish flag :lol:

Yeah, I thought wtf. 3 really drunk guys from poland behind me screamed very nasty things about axl during the deley. Real idiots. I don't get it why they travel from poland to go see someone they obivously hate.

Yeah, I thought wtf. 3 really drunk guys from poland behind me screamed very nasty things about axl during the deley. Real idiots. I don't get it why they travel from poland to go see someone they obivously hate.

Well I think it's obvious they love the band if they travelled from poland, but were probably fucked off having to wait forever for Axl to turn up.

LP

Maybe he knew lots of Poles would be travelling B)

Oh my Scraped sounded like shit.

That song should never be played live

-The vocals are something you have to "get through"- :thumbsup:

as in

"how was the Scraped live?"

"I got through it"

They are not "pleasing to the ear". They don't "sound good".

Aural assault.

That is all.

p.s. So much playback and tomfoolery. Tricking people in 3rd world countries. Shame shame! :violin:

I agree with all the previous positive comments. The Prague concert was … I do not know what would be the right word… not quite the collective ecstasy yet (I have seen that a few times), something special, a lot of fun, a lot of energy, Axl giving his full effort, band’s collective sound and performance perfect as always I guess on this tour. At the moment GNR is definitely one of the best live bands I have ever seen. I cannot really say why. E.g. U2 has great music, but their concerts do not give me the kind of kick GNR gives.

Waiting for two hours was not too bad. We were all expecting the wait to be one to two hours anyway. There were a lot of hc fans from all over Europe, especially from Germany. There was even one guy with all the same tattoos Axl has... People around me were singing along loud to all the songs and they were very lively and into the experience.

I was lucky enough to have my first beer in Prague listening to GNR. Or so I thought. A bit later I went to see what the music was all about and saw that it was a really good cover band at the Prague Hard Rock café, with the red biker shorts and all.

My first encounter with a Prague person was even better. A young man was passing me by and he said something I did not understand. Luckily he was able to translate it and he said I am looking beautiful! I am sharing this with you as he did it out of kindness. He is maybe one of those persons who try to do a good deed every day: I had just found out that I had walked 15 min in rain without umbrella to the wrong direction, had very little sleep, almost no make-up, comfortable baggy clothes, a rare (to me) allergic reaction which made my eyes red and swollen…In any case, he made my day or two.

Flying back home I was thinking the concert was worth all the trouble of travelling. That is a bit strange as with this kind of money (flying and hotel plus all the shopping) I could have had a two weeks holiday in some beach resort. How can a two to three hour concert top that?

So..how was the concert?

Danko Jones started on time. Frank was watchin' them from the side of the stage for about 20 minutes. Yeah, I can't say that they were aweful, but if they played 30 minutes instead of 1 hour and 20 minutes it would be still enough. That there was nearly 2 hours before Guns took the stage. I was ok with that but the crowd generally wasn't happy. But at least none throw shit on the stage and very few booed and so. Jarmo went from one side to the other in between the stage and the barrier so I wanted to ask him some things..but he just acts like he doesn't know anything. I guess it's his job not to tell anything, he's pretty cool.

After one hour of waiting the promoter told the crowd that there is a little delay, that Axl is in Prague and on his way and that he believes that the show will star within an another hour and that it will end up great. After this lot of people from the seats went to the bars in O2 arena. Actually I believe that very few went home ( I've read that about 400 people left the arena..they actually will get their money back, and it won't be the promoter payin', but Guns..that's pretty cool in my opinion.) All in all, the venue was packed again, when the show started (I believe it was few minutes after 11). I guess that there were like 16 thousand people. The capacity is 18 thousand, it was nearly sold out but some of the highest sectors didn't go to sale..they are usually opened only for stars like Lady GaGa or Roger Waters)

Axl sounded great. I don't know if it was one of his best shows on this tour or it was becouse it was live for me, but he really fucking nailed it. Even Chinese sounded really good. Yeah, we all know how does he sound on november rain, but it was ok. The whole band was extreamly cool on stage. Especially Dizzy, Ron and Richard, I can tell that they really enjoyed it and gave it 100%. Axl was full of energy and givin' his best.

The weakest moment was Scraped for sure. It's just not good idea to play this song. Crowd is not into it, even lot of hc fans don't like it and it doesn't sound good live at all.

It was pretty funny when Dizzy started SOD in different key (yeh it was like that, I am musician and I can tell. And he did it on purpose, not accidentally) Then Axl make it stop and let hide the piece of shit (piano). They played YCBM and than SOD like it should be.

It wasn't easy to start eye contact with the band while beein in the first row, Axl barely looks into the first rows. It was pretty cool when I screamed to Ron something about his beard during the soft part of Pink Panthera, he heard me, looked at me and srcreamed yeah in return while playin.

After all, the show was just great. Band was on fire, sounded great..everything. When we were leaving after 2 AM in the rain, none was complain' about the deley anymore. Everyone was just like what the fuck? They really were THAT good?

So could it be better if they started on time ? I don't think so, because these 3 hours of Guns were just PERFECT.

Oh my Scraped sounded like shit.

That song should never be played live

-The vocals are something you have to "get through"- :thumbsup:

as in

"how was the Scraped live?"

"I got through it"

They are not "pleasing to the ear". They don't "sound good".

Aural assault.

That is all.

p.s. So much playback and tomfoolery. Tricking people in 3rd world countries. Shame shame! :violin:

3rd world countries!?? Where are you living, dude?

EDIT: Scraped got great lyrics. but is the worst song of CD.

Edited by Fun n' Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdfGl7VAGKs

You can hear the SOD intro at the end, Dizzy is playing in the wrong key. Anyone have a longer version of this?

Thanks, finally a clip of Dizzy's solo! Love it, it sounds beautiful. Does anybody have an idea which song it is?

Also, do people actually start booing when he starts playing it in the wrong key? Means they know the song well enough to tell...

So, did anybody here get to meet Axl? Where are all the stalkers from the first page at now?

Edited by Fun n' Games

I have to agree about the Scraped comments. I like the song but they shouldn't really do it live. It's a struggle to sing and it just doesn't sound great when someone is struggling to sing a song. It's exactly like Prostitute. Both great studio songs, just terrible live because of the difficulty of the vocals.

Just re listened to Prostitute from Osaka :rofl-lol:

Okay after giving some of lesser played CD songs a listen live i've decided Scraped isn't that bad but it really should be along with There Was A Time. Played very infrequently only when Axl is 100% up for it and ready for it.

Prostitute should be (and rightly has) ditched entirely. Catcher in the Rye should be played more often.

Edited by Guest

Everything important has been already said, so just few my experiences. I'm sorry for my mistakes in English, I've got still much to learn. I went in front of O2 at 12:00 and I was third person in a row. After six and half hours of waiting they let me go in. My dream came true and I've got a first row near under Axl. Ten minutes before show start I recognized Jarmo. He shake my hand and later gave me BBF's pick. :) Show itself was absolutely phenomenal. Axl looked really much better then on photos. There was clearly many emotions to see on his face. We didn't get Don't Cry but setlist was really massive. 9 ChinDem songs, return of Scraped and almost 3h show. The man of the night for me (except Axl) was Richard. He was still smiling at me and he really played like a devil. 8) Highlights for me were a bit surprisingly final scream during Knockin' and Madagascar. After show my organism collapsed after 14 hours of standing, but I was still satisfied and I hope to see them at least once more in my life. I chose my 20 best photos from first row for you guys, hope you'll like them ;) : http://www.mediafire.com/?8vcld54w9pfnhvn