I think This I Love is an embarrassment.

inthisriver

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter he hasn't toured the states yet. I just hope he doesn't play it when I see em.

then you can use that song as a piss break - for me, and for a lot of other people who've seen them, that song is one of the highlights. the album version, in my opinion, is good... but the live version is absolutely great.

It doesn't really matter he hasn't toured the states yet. I just hope he doesn't play it when I see em.

then you can use that song as a piss break - for me, and for a lot of other people who've seen them, that song is one of the highlights. the album version, in my opinion, is good... but the live version is absolutely great.

For the minority of people who have seen them. For the people going to a concert to hear actual Guns N' Roses, This I Love is going to be one big "What the fuck?!"

Well, in my opinion, your opinion is shit. And I don't take piss breaks.

Well, in my opinion, your opinion is shit. And I don't take piss breaks.

Then suck it up and enjoy the show instead of being a downer. Whip out your fucking lighter and sway, bitch! :lol:

This I Love - Makes for an ideal piss break. Axl's gonna love that one.

Maybe before he performs the song, he could point out to the audience the direction of the toilets.

Even though you may say this song is cheesy or boring, Axl is great live on this song and the whole band is really good, especially DJ's solo.

Sorry but that was awful - Breathless, timing out, hitting high notes in more of a screaming tone. I've seen some very good performances of This I Love, this, was not one of them. Dreadful.

Theres some odd forces in the song, that work against one another.

On one level, theres the tune, which sounds like it should be played while a ballerina delicately dances about.

Instead, theres Axl with his voice set to super strain. WTF?

Like it or not. Robin's guitar work is about the only good aspect of the song.

Edited by star

For the minority of people who have seen them. For the people going to a concert to hear actual Guns N' Roses, This I Love is going to be one big "What the fuck?!"

When I saw them it got a really good reaction. Axl's strong vocal performance wins people over.

I think Scraped is an embarrassment.

Obviously, you've never felt the depth of loss he has. If you had, you'd "get it".

Sure. What has Axl ever lost that wasn't 100% his fault?

How about his innocence - which was lost when he was molested as a child?

Explain that one to us please ..

Obviously, you've never felt the depth of loss he has. If you had, you'd "get it".

lol, don't use that argument. It's pathetic. I don't wish that on anyone ever, but it's not the reason we make shitty decisions in life.

Maybe the mods could delete all reply's that mention Slash.

If you want to talk about Slash goto the section 'Former Gunners'. It's really not so difficult, is it?

sorry i guess i tarnished the good taste of this thread.

There's nothing embarrassing about the Slash album. It's great.

Check out

:thumbsup:

Its better than anything that can be found on the average Chinese Democracy :D

annnnnnd thats exactly why i brought up slash.

I'd love to see the reaction if this song was played at a club!

Kinda off topic and has nothing to do with TIL but Better was played at a club I was at last night and it got a great reaction.

what kind of clubs do you go to? unless it was a mashup

Haven't you people heard of Dust In The Wind?

Axl singing on piano with very deep, emotional lyrics, and a guitar solo in the middle (hold for "derr not slash dj sux" comments.)

U know i hate to compare old and new GNR but for some of u idiots thats the only analogy u get.

I don't get what you're talking about.... :shrugs:

Axl singing on piano with very deep, emotional lyrics, and a guitar solo in the middle (hold for "derr not slash dj sux" comments.)

U know i hate to compare old and new GNR but for some of u idiots thats the only analogy u get.

ok to sum up what im saying is that dust in the wind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ujAG1urRA has the same structute as TIL.

both have axl singing on the piano, both have a guitar solo in the middle.

its a matter of opinion whether u like TIL or not, but what im saying is that to the people who think "it doesnt belong with other GNR material" check out Dust In The Wind.

^^^ Very good point, i have always loved that version of Dust in the wind. The piano in This i love is incredible and just has so much feeling and if they released this song back in the 90's it would have been a huge hit , if you don't like the song that is all well and good but to label it as a embarrassment is just childish.

lol, don't use that argument. It's pathetic. I don't wish that on anyone ever, but it's not the reason we make shitty decisions in life.

Dont use that argument? Ummm... you asked a question - what has Axl lost that wasn't 100% his fault, and I answered the question. I'm not making an argument for anything, simply answering the question that YOU asked. Now would you like to continue the discussion based upon the parameters of the question/statement you made, or are you going to continue to step sideways, change the subject and not address the answer the your question? Do you still hold to your statement as truth, or would you like to restate your position?

Edited by gnfnr2006

ok to sum up what im saying is that dust in the wind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ujAG1urRA has the same structute as TIL.

both have axl singing on the piano, both have a guitar solo in the middle.

its a matter of opinion whether u like TIL or not, but what im saying is that to the people who think "it doesnt belong with other GNR material" check out Dust In The Wind.

my favourite GNR cover fucking beautiful :)shame they never did a studio version :(

Love it or hate it, it's hardly any cheesier than November Rain or Estranged. Plus the melodies are just brilliant. Had this been released on UYI, instead of, say, Don't Cry, people would consider it a GN'R classic.

I didn't like it first but it quickly grew on me (same with Shackler). The only really lacking thing in the song are the lyrics which I don't find particularly impressive. In fact, I'd maybe prefer it as an instrumental, but Axl's singing on the track is incredible.

This one never grew on me, it just reminds me of a Las Vegas lounge singer.

+ the lyrics are OK but the rhyming on the chorus is kinda cringe worthy?

But its all subjective at the end of the day I suppose.