Guns N' Roses 14th October 2010 w/ Special guest Duff Mckagan

GnRMatt

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is sounding so good at the moment. I have to wonder though how some think it is only because Duff was there... yes, amazing that he shared stage with Axl, but as far as vocals go, Axl has been singing his heart out the entire tour.

Even if it was Because of Duff at least it shuts the doubters that think Axl lost his voice up.

Flew into London Thursday morning for other Business. Just noticed on Wednesday night GnR was playing in the O2.

Couldn't believe my luck when I saw they were playing Thursday night also!

Immediately bought tickets online to the show, was so thrilled they weren't sold out!!

So this was my GnR 2010 CD Tour take 2 - after the disaster that was Dublin which I only got to see 15-20 minutes of :(

OMG!!! What a concert!!! I have never in my life seen anything like this before (including GnR 2006 etc).

Axl was on top form, the band were rocking on the O2 was an unbelievable venue, with amazingly LOUD sound the way it should be!!!

Patience put back in to the set :D

and then I couldn't believe my eyes when I did a double take and saw Duff "Rose" the King of Beers Mc Kagan walking around the stage rock1

Just fantastic!! What more can I say - This was everything I could ever hope for from a GnR show and then some!!

I only hope this concert was recorded professionally - imagine this as a Blu Ray with DTS sound rock3

A now very satisfied and happy customer (2nd time lucky) :)

Flew into London Thursday morning for other Business. Just noticed on Wednesday night GnR was playing in the O2.

Couldn't believe my luck when I saw they were playing Thursday night also!

Immediately bought tickets online to the show, was so thrilled they weren't sold out!!

So this was my GnR 2010 CD Tour take 2 - after the disaster that was Dublin which I only got to see 15-20 minutes of :(

OMG!!! What a concert!!! I have never in my life seen anything like this before (including GnR 2006 etc).

Axl was on top form, the band were rocking on the O2 was an unbelievable venue, with amazingly LOUD sound the way it should be!!!

Patience put back in to the set :D

and then I couldn't believe my eyes when I did a double take and saw Duff "Rose" the King of Beers Mc Kagan walking around the stage rock1

Just fantastic!! What more can I say - This was everything I could ever hope for from a GnR show and then some!!

I only hope this concert was recorded professionally - imagine this as a Blu Ray with DTS sound rock3

A now very satisfied and happy customer (2nd time lucky) :)

Happy you had a great time :)

Also happy that this concert stands out in peoples minds as an all round great night.

Happy you had a great time :)

Also happy that this concert stands out in peoples minds as an all round great night.

Cheers Matt, Yes and I have gone to many concerts over the years and seriously, nothing ever came close to Thursday night - even my wife came along and she would know the songs

but wouldn't have been a die hard fan (She never seen them before). But she too was completely blown away with Thursday night's show... completely converted now :)

So it looks like the entire gig was filmed in HD.

This is part 1 of stuff this person has put together.

Part 2

I emailed the poster of these videos to see if there was a full show recorded and here's the reply.

"Hi. Unfortunately this is all I have, didn't record the whole show. Anyway, hope you enjoyed those videos. Thanks."

Axl sounds fantastic on this! I mean, he pushing 50 and sounds like his in his 20's.

Watching Duff and Tommy singing backing vocals was really cool.

If the band was to reunite, I mean that's a big IF, they have to do it now. Axl is on par with his 89 voice. I mean it's scary how good he sounds today.

Vocally speaking, that's some nice stuff he does here. Just kinda unreal. Plant needs to go talk to axl and find outr what this fountain of youth consists of.

Just a great performance, and yeah, it made me want to cry for joy. Just a great performance, and having Mr. McKagan up there makes it even more special. Best overall GNR tour perhaps ever, vocaly speaking.

• 4 weeks later...