DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writing's been on the wall for the past decade and a half. Axl said "maybe do a song or two on guitar with Duff" but maintained with Slash "One of us will die before we reunite." He has given us no reason whatsoever to doubt that. It'd be nice if we could just celebrate the guest spot and the return of a "long lost brother" without all the reunion shitstorm.

Yep...a few days before the tour ends, Duff magically shows up...takes a break from rehearsing Appetite and UYI songs.....

Let's not jump the gun with all this reunion talk... We know Axl and Slash don't get on, and that is seriously unlikely.

I, for one, and just really really pleased with Duff playing with them. I think it's fantastic and I really hope he's there for Manchester too! *crosses fingers*

I don't see what all the big fuss is about...i mean its cool but rly?

It would be like if Buckethead came onstage for you. You know you'd go mental if that happened.

I understand where he's coming from. If it were Slash or Bucket, it'd actually have a big effect on the sound of the show, but it's just the bassist. You probably wouldn't even be able to tell he was there by listening to a bootleg. The people claiming that this is the best thing to happen all tour (over the Tokyo show) are fucking nuts.

Frozen, he just walked out, and after the song (YCBM) Axl introduced him to the crowd. Basically...guy just walked on stage and started fucking playing.

I know I just couldn't blieve my luck!!!!

It was cool when Izzy played but it was all over the forums well inadvance this was a complete shock!!

Just so cool!!!!!!!!!!

The writing's been on the wall for the past decade and a half. Axl said "maybe do a song or two on guitar with Duff" but maintained with Slash "One of us will die before we reunite." He has given us no reason whatsoever to doubt that. It'd be nice if we could just celebrate the guest spot and the return of a "long lost brother" without all the reunion shitstorm.

Yeah, true, a long lost bro... I'm so happy now! :)

You clearly weren't around for the original 5 or even the UYI lineup or you would know how big of a deal this is. Duff isn't just "a bassist" He was part of the heart and soul of the original GNR.

much more than izzy indeed.

You clearly weren't around for the original 5 or even the UYI lineup or you would know how big of a deal this is. Duff isn't just "a bassist" He was part of the heart and soul of the original GNR.

trudat